NBC's Good Place - From the Creator of Parks and Rec

Well-deserved for the show, really. It's fantastic as it's ever forking been.

With Snowfall done for the season, needed another Thursday night show, so it's great to have this back. I just love this cast.

And hey, Mike O'Malley. That's a bonus right there.

How is this show so perfect? Another perfect couple of episodes for their return. :atp:

There were so many great lines tonight! I can’t decide what to pick. :funny:

Dammit, I forgot I switched my DVR out since this last aired and it didn't record. :(

I don't know what imbecile at NBC decided to run a promo for next week's episode before tonight's episode was even over, but... good going.

All caught up now, and I am still loving this show! Wasn’t expecting that character to return at the end of the recent episode!

Finally got to see the premiere. This show and its twists! :hrt:

Also, the little details are always a joy. Cormac McCarthy's blurb about Tahani's book, for example: "Ditto." :funny:

Jameela Jamil has come a long way from being a quirky TV host back in blighty who lowkey shaded celebrities like Kim Kardashian and Zac Efron in interviews.

End of this week's episode made me happy. I was never at the point of jumping ship, but the whole earth-bound setting with Michael and Janet observing from afar/eventually meddling was starting to grow stale for me.

Yes, nice to have the gang back together.

This show never waste time. They don't linger at all. Most shows would of stayed with that plot for a whole season. Not The Good Place. Just adds to their surprising nature of each twist and turn.

This show never waste time. They don't linger at all. Most shows would of stayed with that plot for a whole season. Not The Good Place. Just adds to their surprising nature of each twist and turn.
My only other experiences with shows that moved this quickly were Ryan Murphy shows, and if this were one of those, it would already be burnt out and running on steam by now, lol.

My only other experiences with shows that moved this quickly were Ryan Murphy shows, and if this were one of those, it would already be burnt out and running on steam by now, lol.
Exactly. I am no longer surprised by it, because at this point I just expect it to be great. But that it can move at this pace and stay at such a high level is pretty impressive.

Okay, I've jsut watched the first two seasons over a couple of weeks and this... This is just fantastic. Seriously the last season 2 episodes made me cry. Probably the best combination of episodic and serialized television I've seen in years.

Janet's infatuation of Jason continues to make me smile with just how obsessive she is.

Though curious how she and Michael will fare now that the group has spotted them.

"I know it's touristy, but I'd really like to visit a LensCrafters."

Danson kills me in this role.

Ratings since this season premiere is stable but nothing spectacular. Thankfully NBC's other Thursday shows are weak in general.

Chidi's body was noice.

I started this but didnt stick with it. Thinking it was just run of the mill sitcom fluff. Guess I'm gonna revisit it.

It's delightfully weird. Pushing Daisies weird.

This is one of my favourite shows currently! Nothing else like!

This show is amazing. My favorite sitcom right now by far. The way Season 1 ended you thought it was cool but that the show inevitably was going to go downhill, and, nope, Season 2 was just crazy bold in what it was doing and blew the first season out of the water. The writers were fearless in how they pushed the story forward and made it relentlessly interesting and entertaining.

Season 3 hasn't really grabbed me the same way yet. Each episode has had a lot of individual worthwhile gags (especially this last episode with "Jeremy Bearimy," Chidi's chili pot of nihilism, and every line that came out of Jason's mouth) but so far I've found the story arc far less engaging than the other two seasons, and things are feeling a little forced within the current paradigm. That said, still the best sitcom on TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"