NBC's The New Normal

Ranell's character said he broke up the main couple of his tv show via Twitter and said something about the sound of a million teen tears.

Great show.

Nana is a horribler racist. Freaking hilarious how she has no filter and says the most awful things.

Nana is a horribler racist.

No different than Archie Bunker and Cartman. To me, she's the weakest character on the show because it feels so "been there. done that." Maybe if they had made her less over-the-top it might have worked.

What's so wrong about Ryan Murphy? Legitimate question, I don't know much about him other than being behind Nip/Tuck, American Horror Story, and Glee; having enjoyed the first two.

He tends to start things really well, but at some point or another, he eventually just starts throwing **** at a wall, where characters and plot is concerned.

Kind of like the last 3 seasons of Nip/Tuck. Hope that doesn't happen with AHS.

I'll give this show a shot, looks good.

[YT]_2_8CzxayWU[/YT]
"Why is she dressed like a Hasidic grandma?" :lmao:

Kind of like the last 3 seasons of Nip/Tuck. Hope that doesn't happen with AHS.

I'll give this show a shot, looks good.

I think AHS has a good chance of escaping that fate because each season is completely separate from the previous. He won't be bogged down by the show's history or mythology. Nip/Tuck and Glee sadly suffered from that. I never watched Popular so I can't comment on that show. So far I'm really liking The New Normal, especially Nana (just like how I still love Sue from Glee).

Popular only ran 2 seasons but they progressed so much by the time the 2nd season started that they already ran into problems. Mary Cherry remained flawless though.

thought i'd hate this show at first.. but after watching the two episodes back to back, i fell in love.... hilarious and heartwarming at the same time.

the Grey Gardens references were classic

"Reports show that Judas was a redhead. I don't trust em. Everytime I see Reba McEntire, I wanna shout 'You killed my lord and savior!'"

:lmao:

This show is a little too sappy. I think Ryan Murphy should take the Norman Lear approach and be more brutally honest about the gay issues instead of pulling on the heart strings. For example, the scene where Bryan defends himself against the homophobe is followed by him crying in bed. He should have been proud for standing up to the bully and had a normal discussion about making sure their child doesn't get pushed around. The sappiness may work on Glee because it's about hormonal teenagers but a show about adults should be more grown up.

This show is a little too sappy. I think Ryan Murphy should take the Norman Lear approach and be more brutally honest about the gay issues instead of pulling on the heart strings. For example, the scene where Bryan defends himself against the homophobe is followed by him crying in bed. He should have been proud for standing up to the bully and had a normal discussion about making sure their child doesn't get pushed around. The sappiness may work on Glee because it's about hormonal teenagers but a show about adults should be more grown up.

But that's not his character imo. Nor most of us gay guys. We're typicallyall very insecure in different ways. Thanks to a society that treats you as if you are wrong to be who you are.

I feel Murphy took a very real approach to it

I feel Murphy took a very real approach to it

His parental instincts kicked in and he stood up to the bully. That's an achievement and not something to cry about afterwards. But I understand what you're saying. Bryan is a very emotional character.

His parental instincts kicked in and he stood up to the bully. That's an achievement and not something to cry about afterwards. But I understand what you're saying. Bryan is a very emotional character.

There's many gay guys who put up a mask to not show weakness. But deep down are still very fragile

I find it amusing that NBC was forced to release a press statement letting viewers know that tonight's episode would focus on conservatives.

The orgasim joke wouldve been funny if it hadt already been done by Bree VanDeKamp on Desperate Housewives

Despite the botox, Ellen Barkin manages to make some great facial expressions.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/matt-bomer-to-guest-star-on-new-normal/
Matt Bomer To Guest Star On ‘New Normal’
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

Ryan Murphy really likes Matt Bomer. After casting the White Collar star in a high-profile guest stint on Fox’s Glee last season, playing Darren Criss’ brother, Murphy has now recruited Bomer for a guest starring turn on his new NBC comedy The New Normal. According to Murphy, Bomer will play the “sexy ex-boyfriend” of Bryan (Andrew Rannell), the gay co-lead character, which is based on Murphy. The New Normal, which Murphy co-created by Ali Adler, has received a full-season order.
Bryan went from Bomer to Bartha? ****. I'm not even into dudes, and that seems like a weird decision to me. :o

Bartha's not exactly ugly tho.

Both Bomer and Bartha are attractive to me.

I've only seen the pilot of this. It was alright I suppose. I just don't know if I want to really get committed to another Ryan Murphy show. Glee and Nip/Tuck taught me so many lessons about this man.

I have to laugh at RM for bringing in the same guest stars he had on Glee to TNN. Whose next? Ricky Martin?

Well, Bomer was the only redeeming grace of his episode of Glee. And I miss NeNe Leaks Coach Roz, so at least he's bringing in the right guest stars from Glee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"