Deadman: The Series

Well I don't see harm for classic outdit to be used for a few mins in pilot when he is murdered. It would play into the whole circus preformer deal he is and could be how his gimick started.

Then he is murdered, dies and he has something like that brightest day look or what not. You get classic look for nods to harcore fans. Then work with something pratical for series.

Well I don't see harm for classic outdit to be used for a few mins in pilot when he is murdered. It would play into the whole circus preformer deal he is and could be how his gimick started.

Then he is murdered, dies and he has something like that brightest day look or what not. You get classic look for nods to harcore fans. Then work with something pratical for series.

:yay:

To me that does seem like a good way to handle deadman look.

I really hope this is just the beginning for getting DC on TV. I think stuff like Nightwing (a perfect show for The CW), Gotham Central and Suicide Squad would be perfect for live action television.

Nightwing and Green Arrow have CW written all over. Heck with crap like Gossip Girls, and 90210, you'd think they'd hurry to get a Teen Titans show on Friday night but instead...........Deadman. :dry:

Why does Deadman get a :dry:?

:dry:

ya we know the new cw president is all for dc shows, compared to Dawn she was always trying to kill smallville and shows like supernatural. I doubt we will see much of gosship girl, 90210, and what not girlie shows lasting much longer on cw with dawn out.

I already like the new guy much, much better than Dawn. Dawn labored under the assumption that the network could stay afloat with fifteen year old girl **** like 90210 and always resented the genre stuff. The new guy sees that the genre stuff is really the strongest that the network has at the moment (whereas 90210's average number of viewers last season couldn't even crack 2 million) and also wants to expand beyond that.

totally really the only shows last like two yrs that were breaking 2mill or more viewers was smallville, supernatural, and stupid vampire dairies. If i recall correctly. But ya the network cant just be lifetime lite/ just females 18-45 demo dawn wanted. You need to have a wide range of variety of shows, from reality stuff, scifi/fantasy, and your drama shows be it cops/doctors/etc..... based.

totally really the only shows last like two yrs that were breaking 2mill or more viewers was smallville, supernatural, and stupid vampire dairies. If i recall correctly. But ya the network cant just be lifetime lite/ just females 18-45 demo dawn wanted. You need to have a wide range of variety of shows, from reality stuff, scifi/fantasy, and your drama shows be it cops/doctors/etc..... based.

Woah woah woah.

sorry sawyer if you are a fan of diaries i just dont care for the show myself, watched the pilot due to the leads appeared in smallville yrs ago. So i gave it a shot. didnt like it. So i moved on.

I was thinking James Marsters would make a great Deadman.

Deadline:
He also noted that its series adaptation of Deadman is not dead
I'm guessing they wait until Supernatural has wrapped and pair it with Arrow, if it does end up going forward at any point.

Well nice to hear it isn't dead lol. Maybe could be a next yr project. Did it even go past script stage to shoot a pilot.

Well nice to hear it isn't dead lol. Maybe could be a next yr project. Did it even go past script stage to shoot a pilot.

Nopes, they haven't shot the pilot.
My guess is that CW is interested in the script and with Eric Kripke onboard, its going to be a hit. But the thing is that DC and WB pitched to them Arrow as well, so they're putting Deadman on hold for a possible summer or 2013 fall schedule.
After all Deadman seems like it'll work better as a shorter season. 12 episodes a season.

Ah ok then ya it looks like it just didn't get passed planning stage. So if kripke is still working on it.. could be a project for next season. And they shoot pilot and go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"