NE one watch Alias?

Status
Not open for further replies.
and you saw this already HOW?? lucky bastard

Eh-- the season premiere was kind of a downer IMO.

It should have been two hours long, since the set-ups didn't really grab me.

Worst moment: When Sloane tells Sydney that when he assembled the 47-piece Rambaldi device, it did nothing but spell out the word "peace". COME ON!! Even if he's lying (which I hope he is) -- that's just LAME.

I'm hoping things will pick up when we find out about Sydney being programmed to be an assassin, as well as the fate of Will Tippen and Allison Doran (AKA: Evil Francie).

Yeah, I agree, but if they revealed what the machine did, then that would just eliminate the importance of Rimbaldi. So that will come later.

What I still really want to know, is what did the letter from 'Qui Chang Cain' said. Because it obviously wasn't about peace... seeing that lightening and thunder struck as Sloane read the letter.

THEORY-- You've probably heard this one, but it's been suggested that A) Sloane actually IS Rambaldi, and B) "The Telling" artifact is actually a time machine.

This seems pretty far out for Alias, so I'm kind of hoping that's not the case.

I'm thinking that David Carradine revealed Sloane's presence in a Rambaldi prophesy of some kind, and Sloane's present role as fighter of cancer and world hunger is just part of his plan to... [Pinky & The Brain]Try to take over the world !!![/Pinky & the Brain]

The one thing I didn't like about the episode was Sydney's reaction to Vaughn getting remarried. Everyone thought she was dead, Vaughn had to move on. Otherwise I liked the episode, there's plenty more to be revealed and uncovered, I don't believe Sloane is a changed man, but that he's trying to cure cancer is believeable since his wife almost died from it. I liked that Weiss had more screen time and what Sydney did to talk to her father and get her father out of prison, really reminded me of the pilot episode with her going rogue. I still want to know what's going on with Sark, Will and her mother, the pilot was good, but still a lot needs to be revealed and I still believe Project Christmas had a lot to do with her two missing years.

oh, they've been hinting at christmas for a long time. I think one of the first episodes where she had to get the code from a sleeper agent (probably like her) by reciting a poem to him.

Then you had that whole unresolved issue with Sidney being hypnotized to remember what Jack had done to her. That's definately coming into play at some point this season.

But I think the overiding arc this season will be Sidney trying to figure out what the hell is going on with her. And that won't get solved til near the end of the season... but by that point, we'll more unanswered questions... god damn drug dealer Abrams is

But at least it's not like X-Files where they answer your questions with more questions. You get your questions answered and new stuff comes into play.

true, the X-files was the ultimate annoyer.

I hope they have an episode this season where Sidney gets armed to the teeth... Matrix style

bump...

this show is just damn annoying it is

lol. i'm hoping you mean that in a good way?

they resolved nothing last episode... just more questions. Love the show, but annoyed... damn cliffhangers

They're going to tease us for awhile- I can tell.

Things I want to see:

Dixon get revenge on Sark and Allison (Evil Francie) for the death of his wife (and maybe show Dixon being friends with Will Tippen again after he almost strangled Will last season).

The debunking of this stupid "Peace" message from the Rambaldi artifacts.

The return of Lena Olin as Syd's mom! She rules!

-and I DON'T want to see:

Sydney and Agent Weiss get romantic. NO NO NO!

I want to see Sark go after Sidney for killing his father

I wanna see Jack 'destroy' Sloane as he promised last night.

And yes, I wanna see Irina... she's Jack's opposite. Which makes them deadly together

They should have just combined the premiere and last nights episode, it would have been way better, but then again sydney sliting the diplomats throat would have been overkill for a "commercial" cliff hanger.....

For some reason everyone bashes this show (normal people) without giving it a fair shot (heck I used to be one). Now wouldn't be a bad time to get on the bandwagon, now that the DVD of season one is out and the way season 3 opened leaves some room for new viewers to join in.

if Sloane is rimbaldi, that would be a lame one, it just wouldn't make any sense.... working his rear end off for stuff he allready knew.... no.....

Anyhow people tune into alias, it needs the viewership

I think part of the problem, is that if you haven't been watching from the beginning, you miss a lot.

This is definately the right time to start watching, as this season is basically a restart.

I think tv producers are wising up a bit. Shows that have an intergrated narrative(ie. Each show starts where the last left off) have a much better plot. BUT, the problem is atracting new viewers. If the plot becomes too involved, then new viewers tend to stay away, as they won't understand what is happening (or, ie. if you miss an episode, you're screwed)

That's why I think this '2 year' restart has occured. To attract new viewers, while disposing (not fully) of the last two seasons, without hurting the plot

Man this show rules. The relationships are going through crazy rollercoasters now. I'm pumped to see what happens next.

Who captured Sidney? What kind of mischief are Jack and Vaughen going to get up to now that Vaughen is 'back of Sidney's team'?

I have a feeling that Jack and Irina are somehow the 'villains' this season.

At first I thought that Lauren (Vaughn's wife) was a double-agent for Sloan, but she seems to actually be nice---- we'll see.

I also want to see Allison the Francinator return! Ooooo, she's evil!

I like the way things are slowly being revealed about Syd's missing two years. She actually seems to be getting flashbacks now, the part in the hotel last night was one of the most intense scenes I've ever seen on TV, really sucks that we've gotta wait two weeks for the next episode since this ended on a big cliffhanger.

On another note, it was really great to see Syd using sais this episode, I remember an interview saying how she wanted to use them in the show after she trained for so long on how to use them as Elektra.

I thought the most intense part of last night's episode, was when Vaughan 'reafirmed' his 'love' for Sidney. That was intense... and no kiss,,, brutal.

I read somewhere that Will will be back next episode, or the one following that. So obviously, Sidney doesn't get labotomized

Well i'm pissed because schedules in Scotland are screwy so i have to wait for season 2 on dvd to see that, but OMG season 1 was ace!

OK Alias...

I have this theory.... It looks like the first two seasons of Alias are 'introductions'. I'm thinking that all the plots are leading to the establishment of a secret organization of 'super spy' good guys.

Where Sid is the leader, Jack and Sloane are the experience. etc. It looks like there will be a 'superspy' team up at some point (ie. Irina, Jack, Sloane, Sidney, Vaughan, Marshall and *****on) A new 'alliance' as it were, but of good guy spies.

Spoiler... she's actually the one who facilitated Sidney's escape from the NSC

I've never watched this show, but does it have anything to do with the comic book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"