Need you movie people to help me out real quick.

Mixairian

Dew's Pet
Reaction score
Okay the other day I was watching some movie called Exorcism: The Beginning, or Domion Exorcism, something along those lines.

It had an actor named Stellan Skarsgård in it. Priest who ordered 10 of his followers to be killed to save the whole flock. Lost his way, goes to some African country. They find a buried church, weird **** happens.

Basically you're led to believe a small African boy is possessed but it turns out to be the female priest who is possessed. Stellan Skarsgård's character saves the woman soul and it ends with him donning priests robs in front of the Vatican.

It wasn't a great movie but amusing enough.

Tonight I see Dominion: A Prequel to the Exorcist on my cable list and I'm like "Cool, I'll skim it again."

It has the same actor, it has many of the same actors in fact and starts almost the same way.

Except the storyline is completely different. This one has some crippled leper being possessed and a war between the British and natives.

I tried doing some imdb research which failed. Amazon provided me a link to two different movies with two different directors but the same actors.

Could someone explain to me if these movies are actually connected or are just loose coincidences with the same actors and plot points or what. I'm feeling pretty lost.

they shot one of them, forget which one, and the studio completely raped it, and released a critical flop.

then, they released the director-intended version. i forget which is which, as i never saw either.

One was by Paul Schrader and the other by Renny Harlin. Just found it by doing some more research. They both had points I liked but it just confused the hell out of me.

Dominion was made first. WB and Morgan Creek didn't like it, basically saying it had no mainstream appeal. They reshot almost or all of the movie with a new director and ofcourse with a new script. This version was called Exorcist: The beginning. (In fact, I think Dominion was originally(sp?) called that.) After the film bombed, they decided to show Dominion at some film festivals before giving it a very limited release...the week Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith came out.

The thing that makes no sense at all is that they hired a director who is known for 'character-driven' movies and the greenlight the script.

Hope this helps.

Dominion: A Prequel to The Exorcist was the original film and Paul Schraders movie.
Exorcist: The Beginning was the one that was shot afterward and released nation wide and was directed by Renny Harlin because WB hated the first one.

Dominion was a much better film than Exorcist: The Beginning, except they both were garbage movies anyway.

Excorcist the beginning was crap but it did sum up some information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"