Honk if You Hate Kid Actors

Freddie Highmore is great. His working in a bank in the middle east right now.

If he comes back to acting I think he could have a pretty successful international acting career seeing as he speaks French, Spanish and Arabic.

He is working on Bates Motel TV Series right now.

Well, now he just has to fill Vince Vaughn's shoes. :oldrazz:
Lol. That shouldn't be too difficult:cwink:
Actually I always thought that my main problem with Van Sant film was not necessarily the shot for shot recreation of the original movie, but the casting of Vince Vaughn.
Had they cast a better actor in the part, say a Joaquim Phoenix for example, I might have been interested to see his take on Norman. Like someone doing Hamlet or Cyrano or whatever.

Narnia.
Possibly the worst acting from any actors I've seen. Surprisingly, Lucy is the best and she's the youngest. Peter, Susan and Edmund were all awful though.

In response to the OP..

skeeter01.jpg

CGHulk said:
There have be and there are good kid actors.

Haley Joel Osment - The Sixth Sense
Drew Barrymore -E.T.
Henry Thomas - E.T.
Elle Fanning - Super 8
Dakota Fanning - War of the Worlds
Joseph Mazzello - Jurassic Park
Ariana Richards - Jurassic Park
Anna Paquin - The Piano
Wil Wheaton - Stand By Me
Jerry O’Connell - Stand By Me
River Phoenix - Stand By Me
Cory Feldman - Goonies, Stand By Me
Sean Astin - Goonies
Jonathan Ke Quan - Goonies
Jeff Cohen - Goonies
Charlie Korsmo - Hook, Dick Tracy
Chloe Moretz - Kick-Ass, Hugo
Christian Bale - Empire of the Sun
Natalie Portman - The Professional
Kirsten Dunst - Interview with a Vampire
Jodie Foster - Taxi Driver
Elijah Wood - The Good Son
Linda Blair - The Exorcist
Christina Ricci - The Adams Family
Bobby Driscoll - Treasure Island
Hayley Mills - The Parent Trap, Pollyanna
Natalie Wood - Miracle on 34th Street
Elizabeth Taylor - Life with Father
Debbie Turner - The Sound of Music
Margaret O'Brien - Meet Me in St. Louis
Shirley Temple
The kids from the Little Rascals. (1930's)
Chloe Mortiez made your list, but not Macaulay Culkin? lolwhut

No offense, but I personally didn't care for her performance in Kick-Ass. Any ten year old could've done what she did in that film. Act cute and innocent, but cuss up a storm and kill people. Doesn't take a whole lot of acting ability to do that. (She was okay in Let Me In, though.)

I thought the kids in School of Rock did a very good job in that movie. It could've been a complete trainwreck if they hadn't cast some good kid actors in that. The blonde tough-guy and the shy asian boy were the best, IMO.

I couldn't stand Macaulay Culkin in Home Alone!

I think many, who often feel that kid actors or kid character are annoying, don't really like kids that much irl.

I love kids in general and also happens to really like some kid characters that people often pick on, like Short Round or Newt!

In response to the OP..

skeeter01.jpg

Chloe Mortiez made your list, but not Macaulay Culkin? lolwhut

No offense, but I personally didn't care for her performance in Kick-Ass. Any ten year old could've done what she did in that film. Act cute and innocent, but cuss up a storm and kill people. Doesn't take a whole lot of acting ability to do that. (She was okay in Let Me In, though.)

I thought the kids in School of Rock did a very good job in that movie. It could've been a complete trainwreck if they hadn't cast some good kid actors in that. The blonde tough-guy and the shy asian boy were the best, IMO.

Culken was good in Home Alone, but it is really an act-cute kid performance. Really not all that different from Hit-Girl. The difference is, I actually believed HG was a real person when her daddy died. I think the reason to notice Moretz as a potentially rising star is her work in Hugo and Let Me In. Those are great turns and she's only 15. She could be another Natalie Portman--or Dakota Fanning. Time will tell.

As for School of Rock? The main girl who became the band manager was okay from what I remember, but I do not remember the rest of the cast. They are probably all adults now, have any of them done anything else? Maybe they did break out.

I think many, who often feel that kid actors or kid character are annoying, don't really like kids that much irl.

Nope

I like kids in real life. The problem with them in films is the way they are written, that and their actions.

I'm just puzzled about this Kid Actor hatred stuff. If you don't cast children in movies who's going to play characters that are kids?

To cite a classic movie, the kids in The Innocents were great. All sweet and kind, then disturbingly adult in tone in a flash.

Henry knows how to get **** done. Deal with it. :o
:o nah, he's a well written character but that actor :whatever:

I typically can't stand child actors. But I thought ALL the kids in Super 8 were FANTASTIC.
I loved that movie and yes they were all fantastic actors. The more I think about it there really are a lot of good kid actors

Christina Ricci is a great kid actress. One of the very best.

I generally don't care for kids in movies. Especially Newt in Aliens and Dakota Fanning in War of the Worlds, whose endless shrieking was grating.

I disliked Natalie Portman in Leon. But I was supposed to, she was playing a hormonal 13 year old.

Kudos to Catherine Chan in Safe. Kept it real and low key. Never got in the way of the film.

Alien anal: Yeah, Furlong was a cool kid back then.
I also happen to think that Renfro did a few good performances back in the day. The Client and Sleepers are his best.

I think it's wrong to put all kid actors in a bag and write them off as bad just because they're children.

I generally don't have too much of a problem with child actors and actresses but one that always got on my nerves was Nathan and Haley's son in One Tree Hill. So annoying. SO ANNOYING.

No Mara Wilson love/hate? I know the whole whispering her lines schtick got old fast, but I liked her in Matilda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"