Nell2ThaIzzay's "Last Stand"

Cyrusbales said:
doesn't it explain why nightcrawler isn't in X-3 in the game? anyone played it?

Nope never played the game, so would you help me out if you don't mind? It would be appraciated. thanks.

no1phoenixfan said:
Nope never played the game, so would you help me out if you don't mind? It ould be appraciated. thanks.

I not played it either, but i read that it explains what happens before X3, i think phoenix might kill nightcrawler, but haven't played the game, so I'm not sure, if anyone has on here, please enlighten us!

Cyrusbales said:
I not played it either, but i read that it explains what happens before X3, i think phoenix might kill nightcrawler, but haven't played the game, so I'm not sure, if anyone has on here, please enlighten us!

lol.
Yes would anyone please enlighten cyrusables, and i?

The game looked pretty crap though, I doubt anyone bought it:(.

Cyrusbales said:

That's even more sad. I guess we will probably never find out what happened to nightcrawler except our guessing. smiles.)

who can blame people, X-men legends 1 and 2 are like the perfect x-men games, why bother with a game based remotely on a shoddy film?

Cyrusbales said:

I have it. It's not bad, but I'm terrible at it, so I'll never finish it. :O

But I did hear that when you do finish the game, there's a scene with Nightcrawler telling the Professor that there was too much violence for his taste on their missions, and he opts to leave.

danoyse said:
I have it. It's not bad, but I'm terrible at it, so I'll never finish it. :O

But I did hear that when you do finish the game, there's a scene with Nightcrawler telling the Professor that there was too much violence for his taste on their missions, and he opts to leave.

Thank you Dayonase for helping cyrusbles and me. I'm glad that you have the game. Is the game hard to play? It sounds hard to play. I'm sure you'll eventually get the hang of that game, and beat it.... well hopefully.

X-Maniac said:
Face it folks, Alan Cumming didn't like the make-up and he didn't like working with Bryan Singer... So even if Bryan had been doing X3, there would still be no Nightcrawler.

With or without Singer, Alan Cumming seems to have thought otherwise.

Alan Cumming was on the "NY Graham Norton" chat show last night here in the UK on Channel 4. Graham began part two of the show by saying "Now Alan, X-Men 3 - what's happening? Are you in it?" Alan replied yes he was and it was due to be released in 2005 - so far so good. Then Graham asked him about the makeup and asked "have they got any good news for you?", meaning will the make-up be easier. Alan's reply was "Yes, I spend the whole movie with a bag over my head", and while Graham and the audience were laughing he followed it with "or he dies in the first 10 minutes". More laughter with Graham remarking "That's the kind of comment that can get you fired, Alan!" Sounds like he's still hung up over the make-up! He also mentioned that he was only contracted for one more film.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=1059

“I signed for two films, so I'm going to. The last I heard is that we're starting on the 20th of June, but they don't have a script or a director yet so that may be pushed a little bit. But they have to release it in May of 2006 for some reason so it's gonna be shot in the summer.”

http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=2517

X-Maniac said:
Nightcrawler was very much the outsider in X2: Cyclops asks who the hell he is at the dam, when he is jabbering on about the Munich Circus, before Kurt teleports Storm inside Cerebro; and Kurt asks Storm on the jet about the school and appears bemused by her comments about the X-Men using it as a safe haven from the rest of the world, as he relies on his own faith for his survival. He is never asked to join the school or the X-Men, he never seems interested in doing so, he is not in the final scenes of the film at the school. No doubt there no was no 'final resolution' to his character in X2 in case he returned for X3. But he seemed very much like he was simply caught up in events, a victim of circumstance.

Making a casual comment about him in X3 might well have been unwise, given the long gaps between these films - the audience is then expected to remember the previous movie several years before. As I said before, these movies have loosely become a trilogy but were never conceived, planned, written or filmed as one and there are years between each movie.

. . . and no one is disagreeing with this.

X-Maniac said:
Toad was at one point going to be a prisoner at Stryker's base in X2 and Angel was going to be there too (either with feathered or metal wings). No explanation for Toad's survival, retrieval and capture. And no backstory for Angel. But that would have been okay, I suppose, for these characters to pop up with no explanation.

. . . and The Last Stand was going to include an out of place romance between Storm and Wolverine with absolutely no backstory or explanation. All of this is nonsense. I wasn't aware that it had ever been definitively stated that there would be absolutely no backstory or explanation regarding Angel or Toad's potential inclusions in X2. All of these are merely ideas that have been tossed around during the pre-production and production processes.

X-Maniac said:
I find some of the comments made above to be extreme nitpicking; some people are perceiving everything about X3 in a negative light as though there is nothing RIGHT with it at all.

None of the above statements are suggesting that The Last Stand did nothing right, nor do they maintain any worse perceptions than the assumptions and falsities common among the day to day posts found on the Hype.

X-Maniac said:
And then we have justifications such as saying 'Xavier would have pre-prepared uniforms for Rogue and Bobby' (never mind the tautological nonsense of the word pre-prepared) so that part of X2 is suddenly okay: whatever X1 and X2 did was, of course, so perfect and cannot be faulted in any way...

I enjoy the tautological nonsense of being prepared to be prepared. Besides, unnecessary repetition appears to be a necessity of internet message boards. :D Regardless, no one is saying that this explanation serves to make the scene suddenly okay, let alone perfect. It is not as though this is a far fetched assumption or one that is any worse than the other tortured constructions floating around on these boards. It is simply being noted that it makes more sense that Xavier would have uniforms prepared for the likes of his own students, such as Bobby and Rogue, as opposed to individuals like Nightcrawler.

danoyse said:
I can add some more fuel to that fire: I read an interview with him just as X2 was being released, where he said he regarded movies like that as "bank" movies--where he could make a lot of money, put it away, and move on to smaller projects where he wouldn't have to worry about the money as much.

I remember an interview similar to this as well. I believe at the time, Cumming had been advised by his agent (or someone similar) to perform in more bankable/commercial movies, such as X-Men. This is most likely his reasoning for doing movies such as Son of the Mask (one of his not so good choices to say the least).

danoyse said:
I have read that he hated the makeup, I've also read that he possibly didn't get along with Bryan Singer, but that's all gossip, so who knows what's true.

Actually, his discontent while working with Singer has been noted.

Cyrusbales said:
who can blame people, X-men legends 1 and 2 are like the perfect x-men games . . .

Bring on X-Men Legends 3 . . . and throw in the original arcade game as well. :up:

BMM said:
. . . and The Last Stand was going to include an out of place romance between Storm and Wolverine with absolutely no backstory or explanation.

...which I am so glad never made it into the movie.

It is simply being noted that it makes more sense that Xavier would have uniforms prepared for the likes of his own students, such as Bobby and Rogue, as opposed to individuals like Nightcrawler.

And Wolverine, in the first movie. :up:

I remember an interview similar to this as well. I believe at the time, Cumming had been advised by his agent (or someone similar) to perform in more bankable/commercial movies, such as X-Men. This is most likely his reasoning for doing movies such as Son of the Mask (one of his not so good choices to say the least).

When I saw him at the cd signing, he was telling everyone he was about to start working on "Spy Kids 2." It was late 2001, I think...no mention of X2 that I can remember. I didn't realize he was in it until just before the movie opened.

That's right, I knew there was an interview about it somewhere.

Bring on X-Men Legends 3 . . . and throw in the original arcade game as well. :up:

They had the original arcade game at the hotel I stayed in Disney World last summer! I hadn't seen it in years. :eek:

BMM said:

Alan Cumming was on the "NY Graham Norton" chat show last night here in the UK on Channel 4. Graham began part two of the show by saying "Now Alan, X-Men 3 - what's happening? Are you in it?" Alan replied yes he was and it was due to be released in 2005 - so far so good. Then Graham asked him about the makeup and asked "have they got any good news for you?", meaning will the make-up be easier. Alan's reply was "Yes, I spend the whole movie with a bag over my head", and while Graham and the audience were laughing he followed it with "or he dies in the first 10 minutes". More laughter with Graham remarking "That's the kind of comment that can get you fired, Alan!" Sounds like he's still hung up over the make-up! He also mentioned that he was only contracted for one more film.

“I signed for two films, so I'm going to. The last I heard is that we're starting on the 20th of June, but they don't have a script or a director yet so that may be pushed a little bit. But they have to release it in May of 2006 for some reason so it's gonna be shot in the summer.”

I am in the UK and recall that interview well. You have to bear in mind that was March 2004, not that long after X2. There was still a positive buzz over the movie and what would happne next and Alan was caught up in that (but his dislike of the make-up process is still evident). He, like others, was contracted for further movie as is usual practice. Actors are part of the marketing/publicity machine for a product in which they play a part, so they say whatever suits them at the time. George Clooney's changing comments at different times when interviewed about Batman are legendary, from pride, predicting success...to conceding they had destroyed the franchise....

BMM said:
. . . and The Last Stand was going to include an out of place romance between Storm and Wolverine with absolutely no backstory or explanation. All of this is nonsense. I wasn't aware that it had ever been definitively stated that there would be absolutely no backstory or explanation regarding Angel or Toad's potential inclusions in X2. All of these are merely ideas that have been tossed around during the pre-production and production processes.

The Storm/Wolverine romance was pure rumour - has any offical script been seen that included this? Given Wolverine's love for Jean in X3, I find it hard to believe he would also be loving Storm as well.

BMM said:
None of the above statements are suggesting that The Last Stand did nothing right, nor do they maintain any worse perceptions than the assumptions and falsities common among the day to day posts found on the Hype.

Perhaps, but they are part of a maelstrom of negativity that has arisen lately.... very soon after SR's underperformance. I think a lot of people who disliked the movie believed there would be commercial/box ofice evidence that X3 was bad and Singer and SR reigned supreme... it didn't happen, much to everyone's surprise. Why else would negativity and hostility be surfacing again with such intensity three months after the movie?

BMM said:
I enjoy the tautological nonsense of being prepared to be prepared. Besides, unnecessary repetition appears to be a necessity of internet message boards. :D Regardless, no one is saying that this explanation serves to make the scene suddenly okay, let alone perfect. It is not as though this is a far fetched assumption or one that is any worse than the other tortured constructions floating around on these boards. It is simply being noted that it makes more sense that Xavier would have uniforms prepared for the likes of his own students, such as Bobby and Rogue, as opposed to individuals like Nightcrawler.

I still don't quite buy the explanation. I cannot imagine uniforms being made at an early stage. (Note to Danoyse - Wolverine was not wearing a uniform prepared for him, as he had to make his own claw holes, he was just wearing a spare uniform - maybe one of Scott's?).

BMM said:

. . . and no one is disagreeing with this.

You know, I never understood why Alan had such a problem with the make-up. Does he not realize that Rebecca and Kelsey had it far worse than he did?

LastSunrise1981 said:
You know, I never understood why Alan had such a problem with the make-up. Does he not realize that Rebecca and Kelsey had it far worse than he did?

Probably because everyone has different tolerance levels. As an analogy, the weather one day might be unbearably hot for you, but i might be less bothered by it. Alan Cumming obviously found it less tolerable to be covered with blue paint even though Rebecca has been covered with much more paint for much longer!

For Rebecca, X-Men was one of her biggest breaks and she has been very well-received in the role. Maybe that spurred her on, maybe she is just less likely to have a hissy fit about it.

Different personalities and tolerance levels, that's all.

Additionally, Rebecca's a model, so she's used to people poking and prodding at her all the time, whereas Alan is a stage actor, and he's not used to that sort of thing at all. Of course, he was still dreadfully unprofessional about the whole thing, but that's another topic.

Boba_Fett_123 said:
Additionally, Rebecca's a model, so she's used to people poking and prodding at her all the time, whereas Alan is a stage actor, and he's not used to that sort of thing at all. Of course, he was still dreadfully unprofessional about the whole thing, but that's another topic.

But even so, what did he expect? He should've thought about the make-up process before accepting the job. You know he had to have seen a picture of Nightcrawler before doing so anyways.

But seriously, regardless of Rebecca's past modeling experience, that has nothing to do with sitting in a chair for hours having your entire body painted and having prosthetics as well.

Rebecca and Kelsey have room to complain if anything. Hell, give me millions of dollars and I'll sit my happy ass in a chair for hours. :up:

no1phoenixfan said:
Thank you Dayonase for helping cyrusbles and me. I'm glad that you have the game. Is the game hard to play? It sounds hard to play. I'm sure you'll eventually get the hang of that game, and beat it.... well hopefully.
Well, throughout the game, you have to make several trips back to Alkali Lake. While Nightcrawler is there, he sees visions of Jason Stryker. It turns out that Stryker's mental image was still a part of the facility where he died.

At the end of the game, Nightcrawler reveals his guilt over not saving Jason when Dark Cerebro collapsed and states that he cannot take action that might harm another being again, and leaves the mansion.

The game's not actually that hard, it's just highly repetetive. My favorite levels are Iceman's, simply because it's almost like a flight sim with regards to the speed and gameplay mechanics. Nightcrawler's levels are alright, the teleportation is pretty sweet. The fight with Multiple Man on the bridge is the highlight of his storyline. Finally, Wolverine's levels drove me up the freakin' wall. Fight wave of enemies, heal, repeat x 5, move on to the next area. Fight wave of enemies, heal, repeat x 5... ad nauseum.

Also, the presentation of the game was rushed. The cutscenes are crappy slideshow art, when it could have been so freakin' cool to use the game's engine to generate a cutscene. AAAnyway.

The game's fun, don't get me wrong. But beat it once, and there's really no need to play it ever again.

Boba_Fett_123 said:

I saw Alan in "Cabaret" and he had pretty extensive makeup in that--he was shirtless for most of the show, and wore pale, almost corpse-like makeup all over his body with heavy needle track marks all over his arms. In one scene he shows up in drag, and at the end of Act 1, he moons the audience to show off a swastika tattooed on his backside.

As you can tell, this was not a family show. ;)

But I agree...he had to at least have some idea how gruelling that makeup process was going to be when he took the X-Men part, since I'm assuming he'd seen what the character looked like before he took the role. You can't really feel that sorry for the guy.

danoyse said:
Well, I saw Alan in "Cabaret" and he had pretty extensive makeup in that--he was shirtless for most of the show, and wore pale, almost corpse-like makeup all over his body with heavy needle track marks all over his arms. In one scene he shows up in drag, and at the end of Act 1, he moons the audience to show off a swastika tattooed on his backside.

As you can tell, this was not a family show. ;)

But I agree...he had to at least have some idea how gruelling that makeup process was going to be when he took the X-Men part, since I'm assuming he'd seen what the character looked like before he took the role. You can't really feel that sorry for the guy.

Perhaps he was merely irked that he withstood all that time getting makeup put on, then only to sit around for hours not actually doing anything, or having to do one 30 second scene. (seems to me I read somewhere that very thing). Perhaps if he actually had something to do after going through the makeup process he'd be less snotty about it.

^No kidding. If he was complaining about the make-up in X2 when he had the most memorable role in the film, just imagine how much he'd be complaining if he had an Angel-sized role in X3.

No avatar, Jan? Going on a boycott?

X-Maniac said:
I am in the UK and recall that interview well. You have to bear in mind that was March 2004, not that long after X2. There was still a positive buzz over the movie and what would happne next and Alan was caught up in that (but his dislike of the make-up process is still evident). He, like others, was contracted for further movie as is usual practice. Actors are part of the marketing/publicity machine for a product in which they play a part, so they say whatever suits them at the time. George Clooney's changing comments at different times when interviewed about Batman are legendary, from pride, predicting success...to conceding they had destroyed the franchise....

Yes, but the point is that Alan Cumming was under contract. With or without Singer, he is bound by law to film another X-Men movie. He has clearly stated his opinion regarding his involvement in a future X-Men film, and because of his contractual obligation, it did not change (whether it be one year after X2 with Singer or two years after X2 with an unknown director).

X-Maniac said:
The Storm/Wolverine romance was pure rumour - has any offical script been seen that included this? Given Wolverine's love for Jean in X3, I find it hard to believe he would also be loving Storm as well.

It is noted in the infamous script review. As I previously stated, all of this is conjecture and nonsense, and that is my point.

X-Maniac said:
Perhaps, but they are part of a maelstrom of negativity that has arisen lately.... very soon after SR's underperformance. I think a lot of people who disliked the movie believed there would be commercial/box ofice evidence that X3 was bad and Singer and SR reigned supreme... it didn't happen, much to everyone's surprise. Why else would negativity and hostility be surfacing again with such intensity three months after the movie?

I agree that some posts are a part of a maelstrom of negativity that has arisen lately and some are part of a maelstrom of negativity that has been in place since May 26, 2006. It’s not as though the negativity has ever gone away, but I do agree. I have seen mounting tensions.

X-Maniac said:
I still don't quite buy the explanation. I cannot imagine uniforms being made at an early stage. (Note to Danoyse - Wolverine was not wearing a uniform prepared for him, as he had to make his own claw holes, he was just wearing a spare uniform - maybe one of Scott's?).

I believe danyose may be referring to the pre-made and newly re-designed X-Men uniform awaiting Wolverine on the X-Jet. Is the uniform specifically made for Wolverine? Perhaps not. Are the uniforms Iceman and Rogue are so keenly eyeing on the X-Jet specifically made for Iceman and Rogue? Perhaps not . . . in actuality, probably not. Regardless, it still does not remove the notion that Xavier would prepare uniforms for the likes of his own X-Men, and potentially soon to be X-Men, as the opposed to the likes of Nightcrawler.

Jan Irisi said:
Perhaps he was merely irked that he withstood all that time getting makeup put on, then only to sit around for hours not actually doing anything, or having to do one 30 second scene. (seems to me I read somewhere that very thing). Perhaps if he actually had something to do after going through the makeup process he'd be less snotty about it.

I often hear and read that this is a grueling aspect of film, as opposed to other mediums such as television and theatre. In television, it is said that pages and pages of dialogue and numerous scenes can be filmed within the span of a single day . . . and in theatre, the results are direct. Film, on the other hand, seems to maintain more stop and go tedium . . . Reset. Stop and go. Reset. Stop and go.

Halcohol said:
No kidding. If he was complaining about the make-up in X2 when he had the most memorable role in the film, just imagine how much he'd be complaining if he had an Angel-sized role in X3.

Haha. I don't think I want to.

BMM said:
]Yes, but the point is that Alan Cumming was under contract. With or without Singer, he is bound by law to film another X-Men movie. He has clearly stated his opinion regarding his involvement in a future X-Men film, and because of his contractual obligation, it did not change (whether it be one year after X2 with Singer or two years after X2 with an unknown director).

Let's hope, then, that they get him back for for X4 :word: Now the world's seemingly a more peaceful place, maybe he returns.... perhaps bringing his circus (full of mutants, one hopes) to the USA... (I've got heaps of X4 ideas swimming around my head).

Or even an Excalibur movie - it would be so good to see a superhero movie set in the UK. V for Vendetta and LXG showed it can be done, although it's noticeable in many UK-based movies that prominent landmarks mysteriously move so they are seen together in the same frame of film...

X-Maniac said:
Let's hope, then, that they get him back for for X4 :word: Now the world's seemingly a more peaceful place, maybe he returns.... perhaps bringing his circus (full of mutants, one hopes) to the USA... (I've got heaps of X4 ideas swimming around my head).

Or even an Excalibur movie - it would be so good to see a superhero movie set in the UK. V for Vendetta and LXG showed it can be done, although it's noticeable in many UK-based movies that prominent landmarks mysteriously move so they are seen together in the same frame of film...

You should let me in on these X4 ideas. :up:

Please, no one think I'm defending Alan. He was totally unprofessional during the entire shoot by all accounts, and I certainly don't approve of the way he trashed the production afterward. I really don't understand why he signed on in the first place; he had to know how films work, especially with heavy makeup. When you get right to it, the only difference between him, and Kelsey and Rebecca, is sheer professionalism.

BMM said:
I believe danyose may be referring to the pre-made and newly re-designed X-Men uniform awaiting Wolverine on the X-Jet. Is the uniform specifically made for Wolverine? Perhaps not.

It could be either, I'm not picky. :D

Are the uniforms Iceman and Rogue are so keenly eyeing on the X-Jet specifically made for Iceman and Rogue? Perhaps not . . . in actuality, probably not. Regardless, it still does not remove the notion that Xavier would prepare uniforms for the likes of his own X-Men, and potentially soon to be X-Men, as the opposed to the likes of Nightcrawler.

I think he was always recruiting...so he'd be ready with anyone who suddenly joined the team.

I often hear and read that this is a grueling aspect of film, as opposed to other mediums such as television and theatre. In television, it is said that pages and pages of dialogue and numerous scenes can be filmed within the span of a single day . . . and in theatre, the results are direct. Film, on the other hand, seems to maintain more stop and go tedium . . . Reset. Stop and go. Reset. Stop and go.

I remember Ewan McGregor was unfairly ripped apart by Star Wars fans a few years ago when he said in an interview that working on the prequels was "boring." But it didn't mean he didn't like being in the movie, the process of making it was boring.

Any movie with a lot of special effects, action sequences, or extensive makeup is especially laborious, and I can see where it would test the patience of any actor. Especially a big franchise film, where the studio is always meddling in the process. Some just deal with it better than others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"