Days of Future Past Will a superpower contribute to the plot?

Alientraveller

Civilian
Reaction score
What I loved about X-Men and X2 is how important a superpower impacted the storyline. X-Men was all about Magneto using Rogue so he wouldn't have to power his machine, while X2 was all based around Stryker using his own son's power - secreted from his spine - as a drug to brainwash Xavier into killing every mutant (in fact I can't stop praising X2 for how each mutants' power impacted the plot, from Nightcrawler and Mystique, the ultimate infiltrators, Magneto ripping out blood iron to form his own escape, and Phoenix's own burgeoning powers causing the very flood that leads to her sacrifice).

So with Singer back behind-the-scenes, will mutant powers affect the plot in any significant way, or shall be relegated to Magneto using his powers to prevent the Cold War from becoming an armed conflict?

I think the movie will be more than just seeing Magneto using his power.

Im sure Bryan and the writers wrote certain scenes according to the power of the characters, specially Xavier, Emma, and the rest of the x-men.

Their powers will be usefull, so we dont need to worry.

What I loved about X-Men and X2 is how important a superpower impacted the storyline. X-Men was all about Magneto using Rogue so he wouldn't have to power his machine, while X2 was all based around Stryker using his own son's power - secreted from his spine - as a drug to brainwash Xavier into killing every mutant (in fact I can't stop praising X2 for how each mutants' power impacted the plot, from Nightcrawler and Mystique, the ultimate infiltrators, Magneto ripping out blood iron to form his own escape, and Phoenix's own burgeoning powers causing the very flood that leads to her sacrifice).

So with Singer back behind-the-scenes, will mutant powers affect the plot in any significant way, or shall be relegated to Magneto using his powers to prevent the Cold War from becoming an armed conflict?

I like smart movie like this, movie that intruduces new ideas and i hope they continue to do so with the x-men.

“You first freak out because you assume that the good ones have already been picked. Then you just pick up the books and start reviewing and researching. I felt like I was back in the late ’90s again, going through all the character histories and biographies and the comic books and graphic novels, and trying not to violate the tableaux but at the same time trying to have mutants that service different aspects of your story. Where their powers move the story forward as opposed to just being there to be cool.”

- Bryan Singer

:D :D :D

Well, the movie seems to heavily center around some pivotal moment of discovery of mutants so, it seems likely that a particular mutant and their powers will be at the forefront.

Well, the government is using a collective group of mutants to figure out and stop Shaw's plan to take over the world. I'd say that right there contributes much to the plot. But I'm sure there'll be plenty of examples of mutant abilities that play heavily into the movie's story.

Judging from the trailers it looks like Magneto's powers are going to be the most central to the plot. I'm guessing he's like Rogue in X1 or Xavier in X2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"