The Last Stand Novel

xii22_loop said:
dude!! that is what i was always thinking. why not just have a ms marvel as one of the many mutants with magneto at the final battle. Rogue fights her, or even Angel grabs her up from being squashed by something then some mutant throws some at them, Angel drops rogue, and lands on Ms Marvel, rustling around, holds on too long with her bare hands. And swoosh, has absorbed some personality traits too so shes all imedately into her powers. When Wolverine goes at Magneto, and Beast attacks from behind, its Rogue who flies down and jabs Magneto with the cure darts. Pay back.

Mainly because you wouldn't have enough time to introduce and explain the character. Most of the mutants at Alcatraz were "generic" and had about 30 seconds of screentime. How mouch would you need to give Miss Marvel so that the audience would "get it"? This film was just too short for that.

Show some establishing shots of her flying around being tough around the begining of the battle, then the Rogue. thing. come on, this is the movieverse, wouldn't expect her to be any like or developed like the comic.

xii22_loop said:
Show some establishing shots of her flying around being tough around the begining of the battle, then the Rogue. thing. come on, this is the movieverse, wouldn't expect her to be any like or developed like the comic.

Even a movieverse deserves some intruction to its characters. X3 had enough random mutants with random powers that appeared out of nowhere and left just as sudden. People are still debating who the different morlocks were and whether that was really Psylocke, Callisto, etc. If you just throw Miss Marvel into the universe and give her less screen time than even Colossus or Angel and then just have her depowered by Rogue, it would take away the magnitude of the scene, which is supposed to be pivotal both for Miss Marvel and Rogue, isn't it?

Ms. Marvel could have easily been explained as much as arclight or quill were. When i think X-Men universe, yes what happened bwtn Rogue and Marvel was intense, however for the movieverse a conflict is still a conflict, much like Storm's and Callisto's fight sequences.
Ms. Marvel could have also been introduced as a girl the same age as pyro bobby and rogue. Marvel could have been a "beauty" replacement after Mystique got shot with the cure.
Marvel could have also been more of a Pyro lover, kinda hanging onto him when Bobby goes searching for Rogue. She could act all disgusted with Rogue for being weak.
In the final battle again, its comes down to a showdown, where rogue cant get her hands on Marvel, and a onlooking conflicted Jean gives Rogue the boost she needs to touch Marvel and with her powers being enhanced by Phoenix, she permanently absorbs Marvel's powers rather the the temporary.

By the way xii22_loop , that line about Rogue stabbing Magneto with the cure rather then Beast, its a stroke of genius only us true fans are capable of, poetic justice indeed.

That's right, but I still wonder how complex do they get with Jean/Phoenix. I know that in the novel they said that she discover it after her friend's death, but what else do they tell about her? and about her powers???

I'm gonna get the novel this weekend.

And I am going to scan some pages so I don't have to type up all the juicy good stuff (which there is alot of)

Yeah me too! Oh wait, I forgot I'm getting the novel,lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"