Nell2ThaIzzay's "Last Stand"

ntcrawler said:
And I don't consider it the worst movie ever released, just the worst of the 3 X-men movies so far (hopefully the next ones will be better).

But Flavio, overall I'm looking at the human factor here. Like Xavier, I prefer to choose the lesser of two evils, and when that involves human life, I would rather see a person live, then let them die. :)
i wasnt a fan of deaths in X3, but after watching it i thought they were handled nicely. I just would prefer if Professor hadnt come back. That was cheap and coward. If they didnt have courage to maintain him dead, killing him wasnt as great.
Maybe there could be a movie in which any of them died. But im conformed with what i got. It was, indeed, the worst of the trilogy, but still a good/great movie.

flavio_lebeau said:
i wasnt a fan of deaths in X3, but after watching it i thought they were handled nicely. I just would prefer if Professor hadnt come back. That was cheap and coward. If they didnt have courage to maintain him dead, killing him wasnt as great.

Yes indeed. Some people have suggested that bringing back Cyke would be cheap, yet in fact we do not see him die, nor was his death clearly established or confirmed. He could be simply found in the forest by hikers or park service personnel and taken to a hospital.

On the other hand, The production team went to great lengths to shaw that Xavier died. It was seen in full color, in high definition and in a very graphic way. And he even receives a full funeral. And we invest so much emotion into believing and accepting his death. Yet at the very very end it is shown that Xavier comes back by transferring his soul into another body?

Either keep him dead, or don't kill him at all. The movieverse was supposed to be simple and consistent, yet they relied on these complex comic book elements to bring back Xavier. Now that's silly.

T'chau!

Lightning Strikez! said:
Why do you do that? :rolleyes:

Do you realize the utter hypocrisy that riddles your post above? Out of one side of your mouth you claim that people should be respected, yet in the very next breath you denounce those peers as ones lacking intelligence? What is up with that? Are you attacking the subject at hand or your fellow debators? Which is it going to be?

Let's be crystal clear here: personalized attacks like that fan the flames on this board. Stop making them.

And that warning goes for all of you.

Again, you're missing the point. I said as long as their points are presented in an intelligent manner I don't have a problem.

But when some people go into "O'Reilly mode" or "Sean Hannity" mode by twisting, turning, and spinning others words just so their argument can be proven right, then no it's an an intelligent argument on their part and you know it LS.

I'm not calling anyone stupid nor am I looking down on anyone. But if someone posts something that is false and they state their opinion as if it is a fact, then I'm calling them out on it and if they don't like it, then they can place me on ignore and not ever look at my posts again.

I love debating. But I don't enjoying debating with people who won't research or won't understand where someone might be coming from.

Keep in mind that I never attacked anyone first. A lot of the supporters who enjoyed it attacked those who disliked it first. I loved Return of the King, Batman Begins, Spider-Man 2, Constantine, and the Matrix trilogy. Some people I know absolutely hate those movies, and while I don't agree with their views on it, they don't insult me nor try to discourage me for liking a particular product.

I'm not saying that I'm better than anyone LS. What I'm saying is if you're going to debate, post facts, be honest, and don't use blanket statements or twist/spin a post just so their argument can be proven as fact.

I don't have ANY problem with anyone enjoying X3. If they love it, great. Good for them. I'm glad they found more enjoyment out of the film than I did. But they have no right to try and look down on anyone because certain posters don't like the way Wolverine was overexposed, lack of character development, no emotion, politics, and so on.

Once again, a lot of those supporters started the war first.

LastSunrise1981 said:
Again, you're missing the point. I said as long as their points are presented in an intelligent manner I don't have a problem.

But when some people go into "O'Reilly mode" or "Sean Hannity" mode by twisting, turning, and spinning others words just so their argument can be proven right, then no it's an an intelligent argument on their part and you know it LS.

I'm not calling anyone stupid nor am I looking down on anyone. But if someone posts something that is false and they state their opinion as if it is a fact, then I'm calling them out on it and if they don't like it, then they can place me on ignore and not ever look at my posts again.

I love debating. But I don't enjoying debating with people who won't research or won't understand where someone might be coming from.

Keep in mind that I never attacked anyone first. A lot of the supporters who enjoyed it attacked those who disliked it first.

Yes you have. How many times have you replied to me wih something along the lines of a "Wolverine Fan", or a "Fox Loyalist?"

Mind you, I've never once tried to bring you down for disliking this movie. I've never seriously asked why. but you always continue to accuse people of **** that just isn't true.

Let's face it, we don't have to give into your little needs just so stop discriminating us. We don't need to prove our intelligence, or prove why we did like the film. You don't deserve to know.

Look: I DON'T CARE THAT YOU DISLIKED X-MEN: THE LAST STAND!

Will that get you to stop acting like a child? Who walks around, demanding reasons? Demanding we prove to you "why" just so you don't have to make these accusations - which really make you look stupid?

No, I'll keep my reasons to myself and you can continue to look stupid.

If I were you, I'd just listen to LS! Maybe he can get it through to you what we have been trying to.

The Original Bamfer said:
Yes you have. How many times have you replied to me wih something along the lines of a "Wolverine Fan", or a "Fox Loyalist?"

Mind you, I've never once tried to bring you down for disliking this movie. I've never seriously asked why. but you always continue to accuse people of **** that just isn't true.

Let's face it, we don't have to give into your little needs just so stop discriminating us. We don't need to prove our intelligence, or prove why we did like the film. You don't deserve to know.

Look: I DON'T CARE THAT YOU DISLIKED X-MEN: THE LAST STAND!

Will that get you to stop acting like a child? Who walks around, demanding reasons? Demanding we prove to you "why" just so you don't have to make these accusations - which really make you look stupid?

No, I'll keep my reasons to myself and you can continue to look stupid.

If I were you, I'd just listen to LS! Maybe he can get it through to you what we have been trying to.

:rolleyes:

Do people purposely miss the point?

I bet if I offered no reasons nor intelligence for disliking the movie, some of you would say, "But you didn't say why you disliked it, so until you do, your point is means absolutely nothing."

Don't try to spin or twist that, because that's exactly what you would say had I offered nothing in my posts.

But I'm through on the matter. I know you and a couple of others are trying to get me banned.

LastSunrise1981 said:
:rolleyes:

Do people purposely miss the point?

I bet if I offered no reasons nor intelligence for disliking the movie, some of you would say, "But you didn't say why you disliked it, so until you do, your point is means absolutely nothing."

Don't try to spin or twist that, because that's exactly what you would say had I offered nothing in my posts.

But I'm through on the matter. I know you and a couple of others are trying to get me banned.

I don't want you banned. :confused:

No offense, but I've never read your reasons why you dislike the film - because I don't care. All I'm asking is for you to return the favor. Just live with the fact that I, and others, like the film... and don't threaten us with these petty names and accusations if we don't give you what you want.

I like how every assumes lastsunrise bashes EVERYONE who liked the movie...even though hes stated time and time again the posters he has a problem with.

I don't like the movie, for many reasons, but I can see why people would like it, but anyone who likes X-3 more than 1 or 2 seems slightly........well wrong, lol

The Batman said:
I like how every assumes lastsunrise bashes EVERYONE who liked the movie...even though hes stated time and time again the posters he has a problem with.

But he has never given a decent reason why he hates these posters so much. He can't prove that these people are somehow unintelligent or out to get him, or this *loyalist* label he likes to hit people with, that makes no sense at all, and then cries abuse when people tell him to quit the name calling.

Now he thinks people are out to get him banned? :confused: People are trying to get him to stop the constant attacks and name calling, no one's ever told him they want him banned. I don't want him banned, just like nearly everyone else, I would love it if he just quit the attitude.

And by the way, LastSunrise, just because you have a problem with certain posters, doesn't give you the right to attack the way that you do.

It's not getting anyone anywhere.

danoyse said:
But he has never given a decent reason why he hates these posters so much. He can't prove that these people are somehow unintelligent or out to get him, or this *loyalist* label he likes to hit people with, that makes no sense at all, and then cries abuse when people tell him to quit the name calling.

Now he thinks people are out to get him banned? :confused: People are trying to get him to stop the constant attacks and name calling, no one's ever told him they want him banned. I don't want him banned, just like nearly everyone else, I would love it if he just quit the attitude.

And by the way, LastSunrise, just because you have a problem with certain posters, doesn't give you the right to attack the way that you do.

It's not getting anyone anywhere.

Well, if people werent purposely ignoring my posts where i proved that people who liked the movie were as hostile as people who didnt, you'd realize thats reason enough.

The Batman said:
Well, if people werent purposely ignoring my posts where i proved that people who liked the movie were as hostile as people who didnt, you'd realize thats reason enough.

All those posts you dug up were from quite a while ago, right after the film came out, when emotions were running high. Time has passed, and one would assume calmer heads would prevail.

People have calmed down. Well, most have.

Jan Irisi said:
All those posts you dug up were from quite a while ago, right after the film came out, when emotions were running high. Time has passed, and one would assume calmer heads would prevail.

It dosent matter when it was said. All that matters is that it was said in the first place. Period.

The Batman said:

Well at least you admit many of those who dislike the movie are 'hostile'.

Poking around in posts from three months ago only shows yet more unwillingness to let go and move on.

Bryan Singer's not going to come back to Fox in one of those slow-motion running embraces across the beach and remake, or unmake, the movie. The best you can hope for is to influence future product.

Some of those who disliked the movie are being ridiculous in turning their dislike against other posters on here, as though somehow finding the nearest target for their dislike and thus demonising other posters. I'm not a loyalist. I was virtually accused of actually making the movie in one post. Which is less than intelligent. You only have to take the time to actually study my posts on here to see that for the most part I will present my interpretations and argue intelligently. Occasionally, i might be irritated - and that's my right too.

Many people on here are becoming frustrated with those who cannot stop going on about certain elements about the movie months later. Surely you can see how relentless complaining can become irritating, and counter-productive. Imagine if you were a shop owner and someone brought back something they didn't like or want - imagine if they stood at your counter for weeks or months repeating their complaint. Doesn't sound like a very good use of time and energy to me.

Man...You really need to stop mentioning me looking for old posts...cause it really seems like you're just mad you cant go on looking like the mature optimist who never said anything bad. You just wanted you ridiculous claims and rude behavior to stay in the past, and now you're quite upset I've brought it back to the surface.

this is maybe off topic but can someone please help me? I downloaded nip tuck -just those 7 episodes and theres no sound :(

Jan Irisi said:

Excuse, Excuses, Excuses. Thats all you people bring. You cant own up to certain things, so you make excuses. The fact is, whether the movie came out then, tommorow, or in an alternate dimension, what was said...was what was said. period. end of story. just accept that you guys arent as angelic and as innocent as you claim.....

DarknessOfDeath said:
this is maybe off topic but can someone please help me? I downloaded nip tuck -just those 7 episodes and theres no sound :(

You probably need a new codec? Check whatever program you're using for updates.

The Batman said:
Excuse, Excuses, Excuses. Thats all you people bring. You cant own up to certain things, so you make excuses. The fact is, whether the movie came out then, tommorow, or in an alternate dimension, what was said...was what was said. period. end of story. just accept that you guys arent as angelic and as innocent as you claim.....

Where has anyone ever said they were angelic? Where has anyone ever said they were innocent? Aren't people allowed to change their mind? Aren't people allowed to look back with hindsight and decide maybe they were too harsh on this film? What was said three months ago has no bearing on what is going on now. None whatsoever. People were emotional then. Hell, I've said things to my husband in a fight that were pretty rotten, and he doesn't go back three months later and dig it up and toss it in my face. He understands that things are said in the heat of the moment, as do I, and we let it go.

Boba_Fett_123 said:
You probably need a new codec? Check whatever program you're using for updates.

I used DVIX... or whatever its c alled. but I use Windows media player. how do I know which codecs to download?

Jan Irisi said:
Where has anyone ever said they were angelic? Where has anyone ever said they were innocent? Aren't people allowed to change their mind? Aren't people allowed to look back with hindsight and decide maybe they were too harsh on this film? What was said three months ago has no bearing on what is going on now. None whatsoever. People were emotional then. Hell, I've said things to my husband in a fight that were pretty rotten, and he doesn't go back three months later and dig it up and toss it in my face. He understands that things are said in the heat of the moment, as do I, and we let it go.

Oh....please. Dont even compare message board flaming to a freaking marriage, especially when your example isnt even the same. More like you and your husband having a fight, and then you say sorry to your husband ONLY after he completely kowtows to you. Fact is, if people's minds had changed, they wouldve said something. X-Maniac wouldve said "You know what,just because nell didnt like the movie, it dosent mean he's a fan of singer only".

The fact of the matter is....it does have bearing on whats happening now. Because now you see where the resentment comes from. END OF STORY. Instead of making excuses, just acknowledge the idea that...gasp....those good ol' optimists bashed peopel with a different opinion.

Jan Irisi said:
I really suggest you stop now.

See, people? Look at this. Time and time again, people go "I've NEVER seen anyone who supported the movie bash anyone"...and when someone brings the proof, they have to stop.

Typical. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not doing anything wrong Have not called people names since C Lee posted. In fact, I'll tell you what, when people acknowledge the supporters are just as bad as doubters, I'll stop

The Batman said:
Oh....please. Dont even compare message board flaming to a freaking marriage, especially when your example isnt even the same. More like you and your husband having a fight, and then you say sorry to your husband ONLY after he completely kowtows to you. Fact is, if people's minds had changed, they wouldve said something. X-Maniac wouldve said "You know what,just because nell didnt like the movie, it dosent mean he's a fan of singer only".

The fact of the matter is....it does have bearing on whats happening now. Because now you see where the resentment comes from. END OF STORY. Instead of making excuses, just acknowledge the idea that...gasp....those good ol' optimists bashed peopel with a different opinion.

I really suggest you stop. Or do you really want this board to erupt? Is that your intention?

The Batman said:

Simon told us to shut our pie holes for expressing our dissatisfaction about the film? that's not very nice... He deserves to be tomatoed for that.

Batman, you're not the first to point out AJ1's hypocracy. BMM did it too last month (on the ironically named Stop Complaining! thread) when he pointed out AJ1's attitude towards Batman Begins fans on another section of SHH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"