Netflix's The Witcher - General Discussion Thread

I enjoyed this trailer as I've done with the others. Will definitely be binging it!

I know this is just based on the books but it sure makes me want to play the games. I wish I had the first two but least I got 3 and the dlc

do they still have rights to the IP ? or the animosity with the author over royalties will prevent them from ever exploring a possibility like the one u suggested which is a great idea IMO

Yes, they own the game rights for the IP and they have plans to make another game in that world. They settled with Sapkowski so all of that is over as well.

She feels way too powerful to be the protagonist though, and I like the ending of Blood and Wine and where it puts Geralt. Of course they could handwave away her powers somehow but I don't feel that it would fit well since they didn't do it in the ending. I'd rather have a new witcher that's truly a blank slate for the developers. Probably best to be from a different school as well.
I’d be fine with a new Witcher from a different school too. But with that it would be nice if Ciri still featured somehow.

Yes, they own the game rights for the IP and they have plans to make another game in that world. They settled with Sapkowski so all of that is over as well.
Excellent!! I was worried they had moved on to other things long term.

I enjoyed this trailer as I've done with the others. Will definitely be binging it!

I know this is just based on the books but it sure makes me want to play the games. I wish I had the first two but least I got 3 and the dlc

The second game is backwards compatible and cheap on xbox.

The second game is backwards compatible and cheap on xbox.

Cool but I don't like using my credit card on consoles. Don't think ms credit is usable for BC games

Maybe they'll eventually add the first two games on Gamepass

Cool but I don't like using my credit card on consoles. Don't think ms credit is usable for BC games

Maybe they'll eventually add the first two games on Gamepass

Just buy a physical copy of Witcher 2. Gamestop can get it for you.

The first game is PC exclusive.

Oh nah, I'm all digital. Don't want to go physical for just one game

So they invented a reason to get him into Novigrad.
Originally Iorveth showed up on Velen searching for a cure to a plague ravaging the south, including Mahakam. Geralt has to team up with Iorveth, and Roche, Ves, and Thaler for very complicated reasons to try and get this cure. The whole plague plotline mostly got cut, though there's some elements of it drifting around in places, like the guy with the corpse wagon who claims he's immune. The quest where you have to get Ves out of the fight with the Nilfgaardians was also part of this plotline, though in a substantially different form (I think the cuts and rewrites really hurt her character, sadly. )
My beloved Ves and Iorveth suffered for greater good.

But in the end quest designer mentions what I suspected. Either too divorced from the main story and quests or they just didn't have time to finish it because of mammoth size of sub-quests. Probably worthy of another ending.

Finally saw the trailer. I just don't know. Some of it looks good, some of it looks really cheesy. I am most worried about Henry. He just doesn't look good in the trailers, but that can be deceiving.

yea well you're a towel.
6JPIQBe.gif

If you can use those gift cards to buy xbox one games or pc games you should be able to use them for a 360 game.

I've tried and doesn't seem to work but maybe I've been doing it wrong

First "pro" review is 2/5 from Financial Times. It broke embargo and was deleted. Mostly mockery and the only thing I got from it is that it fails to be Game of Thrones. I don't know if it tried to be, because they're really different to begin with... Also, the review is based on the first 5 episodes.

Did they have anything good to say about it? Surprised that FT would break embargo. When is it supposed to be lifted?

Hard to say if there was anything positive.

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever read an FT review of a movie or TV show, but it wouldn't surprise me if they have a stuck up attitude about this type of fare.

They gave Endgame 3/5 so they arent big fans of fantasy stuff, but the show may still suck. Cant believe it will be as dull as Iron Fist though and I sat through all that, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"