Netflix's The Witcher - General Discussion Thread

What film is this?

Cpv9uTl.jpg

"Toss a coin to your Witcher oh losers of Derry"
Someone needed to do this. :up::D

I wonder if we will get Eskel as well or is he not part of the story yet?

If he's not the part of the story yet, then
he's not part of the story at all
. If they're not expanding book roles of the rest of witchers, that is. Their part in the books
is limited to few chapters in the beginning of "Blood of Elves", only Coen gets one scene later on

Netflix's The Witcher Casts Game of Thrones Actor For Season 2

It appears that the cursed character will finally have his live-action debut in Season 2 of the hit fantasy series. According to Redanian Intelligence, the show has already cast Game of Thrones actor Kristofer Hivju as Nivellen. The report cites a casting breakdown obtained by the website, which lists Hivju as the actor playing "Nigel," which, judging by the accompanying description, is in fact Nivellen.

Geez he’s doing well. Getting all the roles!

He's perfect for the character.

Side note, anyone that wants a laugh Google Nivillen. One piece of art depicting the character is wonderfully ridiculous. I cant post it here because of bare breasts.

Really glad that Grain of Truth is getting adapted, I wonder if any of the other skipped short stories will be getting adapted this season, Blood of Elves is fairly light on plot so the short stories could be invaluable to filling out the season.

If they are doing Grain of Truth, my guess is that Ciri and Geralt will be in hiding and encounter Nivellen before they return to Kaer Morhen.

If they are doing Grain of Truth, my guess is that Ciri and Geralt will be in hiding and encounter Nivellen before they return to Kaer Morhen.
Sort of like the Company of dwarves seeking shelter in Beorn's home on the way to Mirkwood.

:mrk:

For all my issues with the first season, especially the first half, I am excited to see where this goes. Especially as the narrative shouldn't be so all over the place anymore.

The showrunner has said as much that it will be more linear next season, makes sense too as the books for the main story are that way instead of random short stories, lets hope things continue to improve, it had a good start and fans mostly enjoyed it even those that had some issues. Fingers crossed they can build on that as it has so much potential to be special and hopefully can be its own thing rather than the GOT clone some want it to be known as. The comedy and Music can really set it apart from other shows if used well.

‘The Witcher’ Adds Seven To Season 2 Cast As Production Begins – Deadline

Netflix has added new seven cast members for season 2 of The Witcher as production begins in the UK for a planned 2021 launch.

Joining the second season are Yasen Atour (Young Wallender) as Coen, Agnes Bjorn as Vereena, Paul Bullion (Peaky Blinders) as Lambert, Thue Ersted Rasmussen (Fast and Furious 9) as Eskel, Aisha Fabienne Ross (The Danish Girl) as Lydia, Kristofer Hivju (Game of Thrones) as Nivellen, and recent graduate Mecia Simson, as Francesca.

Returning for season two are Henry Cavill, who leads the cast of The Witcher saga, playing the role of Geralt of Rivia. Anya Chalotra returns as the sorceress Yennefer, Freya Allan as Ciri and Joey Batey as fan-favourite Jaskier.

The series will be directed by Stephen Surjik (Umbrella Academy) who will direct 201 and 202, Sarah O’Gorman (Cursed) for episodes 203 and 204, Ed Bazalgette (The Last Kingdom) for episodes 205 and 208, and Geeta Patel (Meet The Patels) for episodes 206 and 207.

Other returning cast include MyAnna Buring (Kill List) as Tissaia, Tom Canton (Good Karma Hospital) as Filavandrel, Lilly Cooper (Peterloo) as Murta, Jeremy Crawford (Titans) as Yarpin Zigrin, Eamon Farren (Twin Peaks) as Cahir, Mahesh Jadu (Marco Polo) as Vilgefortz, Terence Maynard (Cursed) as Artorius, Lars Mikkelson (House of Cards) as Stregobor, Mimi Ndiweni (Black Earth Rising) as Fringilla Vigo, Royce Pierrseson (Judy) as Istredd, Wilson Radjou-Pujalte (Hunter Street) as Dara, Anna Shaffer (Harry Potter) as Triss Merigold, Therica Wilson Read (Young Wallender) as Sabrina.

“The reaction to season one of The Witcher set a high bar for adding new talent for the second season,” said Lauren Schmidt Hissich,k The Witcher showrunner and executive producer. “Sophie Holland and her casting team have once again found the very best people to embody these characters, and in the hands of these accomplished directors, we’re excited to see these new stories come to life.”

Excellent stuff, some good casting choices being made on paper, lets hope they work out.

‘The Witcher’: Kim Bodnia Joins Season 2 Of Netflix Fantasy Drama – Deadline

Kim Bodnia (Killing Eve, The Bridge) has joined the Season 2 cast of The Witcher, Netflix’s fantasy drama series starring Henry Cavill.

Bodnia will play Vesemir, a charming relic of the witcher Golden Age. He is the oldest and most experienced Witcher in the series, as well as a father figure to Geralt (Cavill). As one of the survivors of the Massacre at Kaer Morhen, a haunting slaughter that nearly exterminated the Witchers, he is fiercely protective of the remaining few, who he sees as an endangered community who can find glory on “the Path” slaying monsters.

I'm happy with this news. Mark Hamill made no sense for this role. It was just stupid social media fancasting.

Oh him! Yes I know him, he’s very good! Sad for Hamill but he’ll survive. This is a great cast!

This is a clickbait channel. Dude talks about new footage. WHAT NEW FOOTAGE?! WHAT EASTER EGGS?! There are none! It's just some of the set photos from Season 2 that he probably stole and didn't even credit the source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"