Netflix's City Hunter

I think this adaptation will be more faithful to the anime/manga than the Korean version (though I haven't seen that one yet, my partner is a fan of Lee Min-Ho, so I think we will eventually binge watch it some time later haha).

I have faith on this because Suzuki Ryohei, the actor who plays Saeba Ryo here is known for his comedic chop so fingers crossed we will see a faithful manga/anime Ryo comes to life here.

And I don't know how big City Hunter was in the US...but I know it was huge in France and Europe market as it had the live action French adaptation a few years ago.

The original manga/anime had the lasting legacy at the time the same way DB, Saint Seiya, Ranma 1/2, Inu Yasha, and Yuyu Hakusho did, although yeah I think most people seems to overlooked this.

Last edited:
I think this adaptation will be more faithful to the anime/manga than the Korean version (though I haven't seen that one yet, my partner is a fan of Lee Min-Ho, so I think we will eventually binge watch it some time later haha).

I have faith on this because Suzuki Ryohei, the actor who plays Saeba Ryo here is known for his comedic chop so fingers crossed we will see a faithful manga/anime Ryo comes to life here.

And I don't know how big City Hunter was in the US...but I know it was huge in France and Europe market as it had the live action French adaptation a few years ago.

The original manga/anime had the lasting legacy at the time the same way DB, Saint Seiya, Ranma 1/2, Inu Yasha, and Yuyu Hakusho did, although yeah I think most people seems to overlooked this.

not sure how well known City Hunter in the united states overall, but it was pretty big within the asian american community here.

this was in the 80s and 90s though. lol

i will check this one out when its released on netflix.

not sure how well known City Hunter in the united states overall, but it was pretty big within the asian american community here.

this was in the 80s and 90s though. lol

i will check this one out when its released on netflix.

Yeah hope it get many viewing for the US audience over there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"