Outlaw King (Chris Pine, Ben Foster)

As a Scotsman, I say ''Nae bather''. I like Pine.

They may take our lives, but they'll never take our story ideas. What's that? They took that too?

Here's a Collider Movie Talk clip on this from yesterday,

I'll watch anything with Ben Foster in it.

You saw Warcraft?

Ym9N8ps.jpg

Pine reminds me of a character from a game, but I can't recall it.

Would have been preferable to have The Bruce played by an actual Scot (yes I know, same deal with Braveheart), but looks well-made anyway.

It's made by David MacKenzie, who's a Scot himself and who made the fantastic Hell or High Water. So I'm not surprised that it looks good.

A story like this should been a miniseries. Something between three to six hours.

Not interested. If they want to do historical fiction do a film of one of bernard cornwell books. Harlequin would have been good.

Not interested. If they want to do historical fiction do a film of one of bernard cornwell books. Harlequin would have been good.

Afaik, Cornwell never wrote a book about Robert the Bruce so the director couldn't base this film on a Bernard Cornwell book. And as great as Bernard Cornwell's books are, hes not the only worthwhile storyteller of history. Passing on this just because it's not a an adaption of a Cornwell story is silly.

Could this be the first “good” movie that got released on Netflix instead of theaters? It feels a little like Braveheart, and Hell or High Water was a great movie.

Outlaw King follows the untold, true story of Robert the Bruce, who transforms from defeated nobleman to outlaw hero during the oppressive occupation of medieval Scotland by Edward I of England. Despite grave consequences, Robert seizes the Scottish crown and rallies an impassioned group of men to fight back against the mighty army of the tyrannical King and his volatile son, the Prince of Wales. Filmed in Scotland, the project was made with the full support of Creative Scotland and the Scottish government.

Actually, what appeals to me how UNLIKE Braveheart it feels, because historically, Braveheart was a load of bollocks. This looks potentially less "Hollywood-ized," so I'm interested. Plus, I LOVED Hell or High Water.

I mean it’s about a guy who takes on England to fight for his country’s freedom. There’s even a rousing speech right before the big battle.

You realize this character was in fact IN Braveheart, right? They're covering the same part of history, so of course they'll feature similar aspects. But I welcome a different approach.

Afaik, Cornwell never wrote a book about Robert the Bruce so the director couldn't base this film on a Bernard Cornwell book. And as great as Bernard Cornwell's books are, hes not the only worthwhile storyteller of history. Passing on this just because it's not a an adaption of a Cornwell story is silly.

I didn't say it was an adaption of cornwells books or that he wrote about bruce.

I did say if they were going to do a historical fiction i'd have preferred them to do one off of cornwells books. What can i say i loved the Sharpe series and would like to see more of his other books adapted.

As for cornwell not being the only historical fiction writer? Well i never, you mean there is more than one writer out there that has written stories set in historical periods? I must get onto amazon at once they are missing a beat.

It might be brilliant. I'm just not interested.

You realize this character was in fact IN Braveheart, right? They're covering the same part of history, so of course they'll feature similar aspects. But I welcome a different approach.

Yes I realize it. But agreed am looking forward to a different perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"