• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fantasy Netflix's The Witcher - General Discussion Thread

decided to read to books before the show, never was much of a gamer, and i really love them so far.
it kinda bums me out to see the author acting this way.

decided to read to books before the show, never was much of a gamer, and i really love them so far.
it kinda bums me out to see the author acting this way.
what weird was I remember putting up an article some months before last year that he didn't under stand how that game helped bring more attention to his books that lead to this tvseries. and how he was putting down the game series. and now he's doing this . which all come off as ungreatful. and arrogant still
The Witcher 3
page: 31
Apr 19, 2017

“He's an arrogant motherf****r” - Metro 2033 writer hits out at The Witcher novel scribe

13 hours ago
comments 6
Update April 18, 2017: It’s no secret that Andrzej Sapkowski doesn’t much like videogames, as you can read about in our original story below....
Read more

source: PCGN

The auther is acting this way because under polish law he is entitled to more money. If any of us were in the same positiin we'd probably do the same unless we were insane.

Not saying he's a nice person though.

The auther is acting this way because under polish law he is entitled to more money. If any of us were in the same positiin we'd probably do the same unless we were insane.

Insanity was to sell the rights for a bag of potatoes.

it's what he did previous to that and then he'd doing this, that's bother some to me.
the point is those games got him recognition and he reject them and now that it registered to him that the game industry is worth ton then he ever dreamed of he like well I need milk this and Act's even jerker to them then He did before. it's still comes down to ungreatful & Arrogant.
Sadly no geting around it. He's in his own bubble head space wiseand not nice person.

oh, i agree, but the way he is acting like the games are beneath him and still wants their money... people suck haha

it's what he did previous to that and then he'd doing this, that's bother some to me.
the point is those games got him recognition and he reject them and now that it registered to him that the game industry is worth ton then he ever dreamed of he like well I need milk this and Act's even jerker to them then He did before. it's still comes down to ungreatful & Arrogant.
Sadly no geting around it. He's in his own bubble head space wiseand not nice person.

He might be an a hole but we'd all do the same. He'll get a few mil payoff and cd will continue making great games.

He might be an a hole but we'd all do the same. He'll get a few mil payoff and cd will continue making great games.
I don't if he get the money I onthe fact that he is what you call him and un like him I'm sorry .if I knew this guys help my carreer I would be like this . but then alot of people don't know me I got out of my way not to be like this to wards people. so I caqn't say I'd be the sameway as him. it'll also depend onthe situation. unless it was done in way I didn't know I should have more coming to ward me. and before that
I'd like have alwayer with before signed with cause I see over the year already how stupid thinglike feud shouldn't happen between the creator and who he sold his Ip to. I see the feuds between comic creator and also the problem that lead to the most annoying marvel/ Fox feud which even effect thecomic's for years. and other medeium. I know enough on how not to act like this and not bea an ass hat when someone got me recognition which only stillhelpingand still getting money regardless with the tv serise.& possible dueto their actions and I freaking hate Ahole's. I refuse to head there or be like this . unles cheated on what create there no reason for to do that. I can't say I'd do the same. un it's in the I was cheated in my own creative ip.

Not the way he's going about . .

It become now 9gag story. You can look it up.

I don't if he get the money I onthe fact that he is what you call him and un like him I'm sorry .if I knew this guys help my carreer I would be like this . but then alot of people don't know me I got out of my way not to be like this to wards people. so I caqn't say I'd be the sameway as him. it'll also depend onthe situation. unless it was done in way I didn't know I should have more coming to ward me. and before that
I'd like have alwayer with before signed with cause I see over the year already how stupid thinglike feud shouldn't happen between the creator and who he sold his Ip to. I see the feuds between comic creator and also the problem that lead to the most annoying marvel/ Fox feud which even effect thecomic's for years. and other medeium. I know enough on how not to act like this and not bea an ass hat when someone got me recognition which only stillhelpingand still getting money regardless with the tv serise.& possible dueto their actions and I freaking hate Ahole's. I refuse to head there or be like this . unles cheated on what create there no reason for to do that. I can't say I'd do the same. un it's in the I was cheated in my own creative ip.

Not the way he's going about . .

I agree he should be nicer and more respectful. In other countries he wouldn't get anywhere. But in poland the law is that if renumeration is not comparible to what the other company made, then they are eligible for more.

I can see why it was brought in. To stop companies taking advantage of vulnerable people. Which i totally agree with. How many american stars (sugar ray robinson etc...) have been totally ripped off? But the law doesn't make a decision if you are a nice person or not.

I hope that rumour isn’t true... where did all that talk come from? Why are people so convinced?

The name was apparently thrown out there from Recapped that apparently has "sources." The same website apparently accurately predicted that Henry Cavill would be Geralt before the news was announced in September. Granted, that story was posted after Cavill said he was interested in playing the character earlier in the month.

I also hope it's not true. I don't get Yennefer from Chalotra at all.

The name was apparently thrown out there from Recapped that apparently has "sources." The same website apparently accurately predicted that Henry Cavill would be Geralt before the news was announced in September. Granted, that story was posted after Cavill said he was interested in playing the character earlier in the month.

Is that because of image or acting ability?

Don't know her so am interested in what those who have seen her think.

Is that because of image or acting ability?

Don't know her so am interested in what those who have seen her think.

Image, but I mean she's not very experienced either.

I know she has some theatrical stage experience in England. But her look doesn't really scream Yennefer to me early. Granted, if she is a serious contender, she could do a great job, but there's not really enough out there to convince me.

I know Yennefer looks younger than she is, but he also has sort of a very mature and worldly attitude.

You and me both my friend.... time shall tell.

I mean it's still Witcher and Sapkowski related. There's just not much to talk about for right now until we get new casting announcements or shooting starts.

I mean if you want a topic, the Witcher subreddit users are convinced Anya Chalotra has been cast as Yennefer because a nude actress website called Recapped.

That would be horrible casting. Not to mention a bit weird. Cavill is 35 years old. Chalotra is 22 years old. Why would they cast someone so much younger than Cavill as Geralt's love interest? Not to mention when I look at Cholatra I dont see a strong powerful woman. I see a young meek girl. No way I could by Chalotra as an experienced Yennifer that is in the upper echelon of the sorceress power hierarchy.

That would be horrible casting. Not to mention a bit weird. Cavill is 35 years old. Chalotra is 22 years old. Why would they cast someone so much younger than Cavill as Geralt's love interest? Not to mention when I look at Cholatra I dont see a strong powerful woman. I see a young meek girl. No way I could by Chalotra as an experienced Yennifer that is in the upper echelon of the sorceress power hierarchy.

I agree. A big part of Yennefer's personality is that she's a strong-willed independent and emancipated woman. Quite frankly, in the relationship, Yennefer is more of an alpha at times than Geralt. I just don't get that sense of energy or strength from Cholatra based on what I've seen of her work.

The age thing isn't as important to me, but whatever. I'm not the showrunner.

Maybe they got it mixed up and she's supposed to be Ciri.

I agree he should be nicer and more respectful. In other countries he wouldn't get anywhere. But in poland the law is that if renumeration is not comparible to what the other company made, then they are eligible for more.

I can see why it was brought in. To stop companies taking advantage of vulnerable people. Which i totally agree with. How many american stars (sugar ray robinson etc...) have been totally ripped off? But the law doesn't make a decision if you are a nice person or not.
I get what your saying I just have this feeling cause he dump on the work of thewitcher his own work and and then CDPR . and it took him a while to realise that hey they helped me out. but he going the raout of I refuse to acknowledge it. so I'll milk them. is pay men due may but the thing is they arleady wantd to pay him more and he refused it befor hand. that what bugging after all this he's doing to be a jerk period. I'm ok with creator right happeing it shoould . this guys is an early abuser of something that supposed to be helpful.

Any way it's time to move on from this subject for now. I just hope he does do the same withthe net flix show. but I won't be surpised if he does.

FILMING BEGINS IN 9 DAYS AND WE HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT THE CAST.

- sorry about the caps

If the first season is primarily the short stories (which I hope it is) then it's possible that Yennefer and Ciri won't appear until fairly late in the season, so they might not be worried about their casting leaking early in fillming, I wouldn't be surprised if we hear Dandelion's and Emhyr's casting before Yen or Ciri, and Triss probably won't appear until season 2.

'The Witcher': Netflix Show Casts Ciri and Yennefer Roles (Exclusive)

Freya Allan (The War of the Worlds, Into The Badlands) and Anya Chalotra (The ABC Murders, Wanderlust) join Henry Cavill as Ciri and Yennefer, respectively, in the upcoming fantasy series based on the series of novels by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski. The books previously inspired a bestselling video game franchise by Warsaw-based game studio CD Projekt Red.

Ciri is the young princess of Cintra, one of the kingdoms at the center of the plot. Yennefer, meanwhile, is a sorceress and Geralt of Rivia's (Cavill) main love interest. She is also a mother figure to Ciri.

Rounding out the rest of the cast are Jodhi May (Game of Thrones, Genius) as Queen Calanthe; Björn Hlynur Haraldsson (Fortitude) as her husband, the knight Eist; Adam Levy (Knightfall, Snatch) as the druid Mousesack; MyAnna Buring as the head of the magical academy at Aretuza, Tissaia; Mimi Ndiweni and Therica Wilson-Read as novice sorcerers; and Millie Brady as the outcast Princess Renfri.

Lauren Schmidt Hissrich, who previously served as producer on Netflix's Daredevil and The Defenders, will run the show and exec produce alongside House of Cards and Game of Thrones' Alik Sakharov.

“Casting The Witcher has been one of the biggest projects of my career, and undoubtedly the most exciting,” said Hissrich. “I can’t wait for these wonderful actors to bring such iconic and loved characters to life on screen, and to share these special stories with viewers all over the world.”

Set as directors of the series are Alik Sakharov (House of Cards, Game of Thrones), who will helm a total of four episodes, including the first one, and also will serve as executive producer. Alex Garcia Lopez (Marvel’s Luke Cage, Fear The Walking Dead) and Charlotte Brändström (Outlander, Counterpart) will direct two episodes each.

WKKCXWB.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"