• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fantasy Netflix's The Witcher - General Discussion Thread

oh waaa.

all look fine to me except yennefer.

Yennefer is too young. Given he is mother figure to Ciri and much younger than Cavill overall she is just too young overall to see her as character we know from games. But at least Ciri is not you know...So I'll watch it.

Last edited:
Ciri looks just like how i imagined her. Yen.... Well its up to hair and makeup people :p

I don't know any of these actors. Kinda surprised they didn't get another name in there, in addition to Cavill. Hopefully they'll do well though.

They're actors, just because youhaven't seen them do a similar role doesn't mean they can't. It's called acting.

Not sure why Anya Chalotra was cast as Yennefer. Looks like Millie Brady, who was cast as a one-off character, would've been a better choice.

I dunno. Maybe she will prove herself, but not really enthused by her casting.

Seems like they used up the acting budget on Henry Cavill. Everyone else is an unknown.

Because she's a good actress, from what I've heard, and it's usually not wise to judge someone based off of only headshots out of context. Also Yen is described as appearing in her young 20s in the books from what I recall.

its like y'all expected a star filled cast or something

Not really a star-filled cast. But then they cast Henry Cavill...and now Anya Chalotra as Yennefer. It doesn't look like the most inspired choice. But maybe makeup lighting will fix that. I certainly didn't need Eva Green to play the character.

I'm not going to throw a tantrum over Yennefer or boycott the show. Time has proven that we can be wrong on these things. I reserve the right to change my mind. I'm just not convinced she was the best choice.

It's not exactly like we have a lot of material to judge Chalotra on properly. She's barely worked on anything of note where she had significant screentime.

And to be fair, sometimes that can be a benefit and sometimes that can be a detriment.

My main things about Yennefer is that she's strong-willed, independent, and also a rather cool beauty. She has a rather sharp, silver tongue. She likes to boss Geralt and other guys around. Sometimes, she's really rather mean toward Geralt. So, I really need that strong personality from her. I hope Chalotra is up to the task.

belcin_bilgine_kotu_haber_1535701413_6377.jpg

This her? Looks ok.

The casting makes me think they're gonna play up the sisterly aspect between yennifer and ciri heavier than the mother daughter aspect.

My main concern was Triss, and there's no Triss as of yet, so all I can do is shrug.

Ciri is the little Widow from Into the Badlands. Nice.

Yen... I don't know. I will have to see, but she does not strike me as Yen. She looks too immature.

I too worry most about Triss and she isn't even there. :funny:

It feels lik they kind of spent all their money on Cavill.

Last edited:
The casting makes me think they're gonna play up the sisterly aspect between yennifer and ciri heavier than the mother daughter aspect.
Then what will they do with Triss?

Responses like this are exactly why casting directors don't put much stock in fancasting, and not without reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"