• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

New Bioshock Footage

kaylee

Reaction score
Has anybody seen this new Hunting the Big Daddy Bioshock clip that came out last week? OMG, I think it looks absolutely insane. What is that little girl doing with the syringe and the dead body!?

I think this might be the game of the year for me, just from looking at that. I can't wait to play it! (I also think it's possibly the most bizarre thing I've ever seen, but I mean that in a good way. I am very much looking forward to seeing more of this.)

Thoughts?

Not impressed with this at all. :csad:

I was a huge fan of the first two System Shock games and this next gen successor looks incredibly generic and all flash with no substance. :csad: :csad:

I think this game looks like it's from the same "family" as the System Shock games, so to speak, and I think it was supposed to be a sort of spiritual sequel to SS2, but it looks like it's sort of morphed into its own beast now, basically.

I can say, quite honestly, that I've never seen anything like this game appears to be right now, and that's a GREAT thing. I have no idea what to expect from it, other than for it to basically blow my mind. :)

Ever since it's first trailer I have been hooked unto this game. By far one of the most disturbing trailer I have ever seen and already one of my favourites.

I can't wait for this game to come out.

Not impressed?

If you dont like the 360 then dont play it. This game will be better than anything the playstation dud and nintendo can produce.

Ever since it's first trailer I have been hooked unto this game. By far one of the most disturbing trailer I have ever seen and already one of my favourites.

I can't wait for this game to come out.

Me neither! The more I read about this game, the more I cannot wait for August to get here!

I like that it looks like such a different type of game, and so different from the traditional sort of FPS, as well. It seems from what I've been reading that you get to make a lot of decisions that can affect your gameplay experience in different ways (whether or not to shoot the little girl for example, I'm sure there are going to other similar situations?)

One of the reasons I'm getting a 360.

Now if they can somehow get System Shock 1 or 2 on Live Arcade....

:(
Why must you torment ME??!!
Even the pixely video looks good!(sigh)Too many good games coming out around the same time.Futile to get a THIRD side job when the 2nd one aint payin me!
I suppose its too much to ask for a demo on this

Actually, I think they ARE going to be releasing a demo, potentially before the game even ships to retail.

I really don't know what to expect from this game. I could hate it or love it. I can't really tell from the videos.

If you've ever played the original Deus Ex or System Shock 2, that's basically what you can expect. If you haven't, but you'd like more RPG elements and more "thinking" in your FPS games, you'll probably like BioShock

i agree with pending, the trailer did'nt look that great nor am i impressed aboutit.

wow.

he set those guys on fire, then, when they jumped in the water to get un-fired, he electrocuted the water. then he repositioned the trip wire...

finally. something different from a shooter.
I just want you to know that Irrational is one of the finest developers out there. They made the first successful, and well-made, Superhero PC game ever with Freedom Force. They managed to make a great solo-game out of the Tribes franchise (which sold poorly despite rave reviews) and here's the kicker...

Irrational created one of the PC's all-time greatest games in System Shock 2, a large step forward in the industry paving the way for titles you may have heard of called Half-Life and Deus Ex. System Shock 2 got rave reviews, but no sequel. Now they're making BioShock as a spiritual successor, so don't bother trying to minimize what this game is, because you're arguing with gaming history and the entire gaming community, not just with me.

i'm not arguing with anybody, guy, and i'm not trying to "minimize" anything. i said i think this game looks great, and original.

i don't care really what games came before this on the pc, i don't play pc games. as far as i know, there's never been a 1st person shooter like this on any home console, and i for one can't wait to play it.

honest mistake... but seriously, this game looks like the balls, for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"