New Devil May Cry 4 Hands on

Discussion in 'Misc. and Multiplatform Games' started by Zenien, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Fenrir Devourer Of Gods

No its a "omg NG2 doesn't have gimmicky style changes ******ed and useless weapons stupid ai action is toooo fast i cant see s**t very tough enemies wtf they make the game so hard DMC FTW!"

2. WhatsHisFace Registered

Rachel is way.

3. Fenrir Devourer Of Gods

You can't, except in DMC3 with the Royal Guard style and even then it's little more than a gimmick and pretty useless.

4. Zenien Guest

Sigh. Well make a NG2 versus DMC thread if you want, this thread is about DMC4 which is the more popular series, and both of them are essentially equaly aclaimed (DMC2 doesn't count, it wasn't even made by the DMC team and it was a game converted the DMC partway through without any of the DMC staff). The orignal DMC scored better than the original Ninja Gaiden, it took Ninja Gaiden Black to score better than the original DMC, and DMC3 was too hard, but the re-release fixed things up and scored better than Sigma but worse than Black.

Essentially both these series are very different and both are very good. Obviously you prefer the restrictive fast paced Ninja Gaiden combat and I prefer the slower more open DMC combat. Goody. We can argue about it somewhere else.

5. Fenrir Devourer Of Gods

Then Sigma doesn't count either because it wasn't made by Itagaki's team that worked on NG and Black. lolz

Yeah DMC scored better, by 0.2% :dry: until Black raped it in the reviews. DMC3 couldn't match up even with a re-release, so Ninja Gaiden wins. Not to mention that if we fairly compare the three best games in the DMC series with the ONLY three games in the NG series, Ninja Gaiden wins AGAIN. Besides, it's funny how you compare DMC3's re-release not with Ninja Gaiden's re-release aka Black, but with a re-re-release Sigma (which is not even in the same generation), lolz, reaching much Zenny? :grin:

It's an undeniable fact that the Ninja Gaiden series is the one with better review scores and greater critical acclaim.

Yeah, more "open" DMC combat in which you can't even pull off half as many acrobatic or offensive maneuvers nor are able to block or counter incoming attacks of even the most lowly foes. :whatever:

6. Zenien Guest

Black 'raped it' by 1 percent. Wow.

Sigma was made by his team, as in people behind NG1 split off to make Sigma and are now back working in NG2 as well as NGDS. DMC2 was made by a completely different studio ina completely different location.
    Now run along and make a thread if you want.

7. Purple Prancer Registered

Post more boobs

8. Fenrir Devourer Of Gods

Still much better than 0.2 %. :oldrazz:

Whatever, a 3 game comparison from both series shows that Ninja Gaiden scored higher. I still win. :o

No, because I Am Win. :up:

9. Spider-X Big damn hero

i would argue my points...but i've argued with you too many times in the past and you will never agree with any statement i or anyone makes no matter how true it is. I personally don't see why anybody who knows you tries to argue with you...i mean, You constantly find a way to put spin a good point and/or resort to personal immature attacks so it's pointless to argument with you.

though i'll put you in your place on one thing:

Gamerankings.com:

Ninja Gaiden = 92.1%

Devil May Cry = 92.3%

Ninja Gaiden Sigma = 86.9%

Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition = 87.8%

..so much for it being better by the critics :wow:

10. Fenrir Devourer Of Gods

Funny how you cherrypick the game scores and leave out Ninja Gaiden Black which scored more than any DMC game to date.

Devil May Cry = 92.3%

Devil May Cry 3 Dante's Awakening = 83.9%

Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition = 87.8%

DMC Series Avg. Score = 88%

Ninja Gaiden = 92.1%

Ninja Gaiden Black = 93.9%

Ninja Gaiden Sigma = 86.9%

NG Series Avg. Score = 90.97%

Put me in my place? LOL, just run along now, junior.

11. WhatsHisFace Registered

That's not true at all. The team that did DOA4 and Ninja Gaiden is doing Ninja Gaiden 2. The Sigma team was a separate team with a separate project lead.

12. Zenien Guest

Wow 3 percent.

Actually it's entirely true.

The project lead was Itigaki's right hand man, he was lead programmer or something akin to that on Ninja Gaiden, and the team was made up on people who worked on Ninja Gaiden, the tech team was exactly the same. Since completing Sigma they've gone back to NG2, as well as some going to NGDS.

13. WhatsHisFace Registered

The Ninja Gaiden core team never went to work on Sigma. If anything, it was just extra people who could be moved around as other tasks got completed on other projects. The Ninja Gaiden core team went straight to DOA4 and once that completed, they started work on Ninja Gaiden. Once development on DOAX2 completed, those guys also went to work on NG2.

14. Fenrir Devourer Of Gods

It's still makes NG the superior franchise, luv.

15. Fenrir Devourer Of Gods

Yeah I think so too, because Itagaki clearly hinted in one of the DOAX2 interviews that his team's next project was NG2. I think it's up on Gametrailers.

16. Zenien Guest

Everyone who worked on Ninja Gaiden Sigma was Team Ninja. Period.

The project lead behind Sigma worked on the Combat for the original Ninja Gaiden and was the project lead on Black.
    Teams shrink, grow, and splinter in size depending on the needs at the time, and Sigma was entirely Team Ninja. THey didn't bring in any other studio.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3154673

NG discussion?

[​IMG]

Now back to Devil May Cry 4 being fan****ingtastic.

17. Timstuff Registered

Pre-DMC4 I would have definitely said that Trish was hotter than Lady. But in DMC3 Lady was still cute, in a scrappy kind of way. Now she's got a cool sexy Euro trash thing going on, so it's a bit harder to say which one is hotter. :up:

They're BOTH hotter than that plastic dominatrix bimbo Rachel though.

18. XtromaniaK Registered

19. WhatsHisFace Registered

Team Ninja has multiple teams.

20. 블라스 Registered

I should buy DMC3, it was awesome and I never got past stage 2 :dry:

21. Zenien Guest

arguements are a waste of time.

22. shadowforce420 Registered

23. Hudson Registered

Dante looks like Nathan Drake :)

24. A.J.Rimmer(BSC) Registered

**** right now. Nothing is better than GOW

25. Spidey17 Registered

Using Fenrir's avg score for all the games in the series arguement, GOW pwns all. If I'm not mistaken, they averaged around a 94%. And I know GOW doesn't come near in terms of combat depth, though it destroys DMC and NG when it comes to grappling, as well as story. God mode is probably just Hard on DMC3. GOW also has the coolest weapon, the BoC. But NG and DMC have multiple awesome weapons, so it loses their too. But if we're going to judge on critical acclaim Kratos is the top dog. The only major point I can agree that Fenrir brought up is the lack of a block button. Capcom compensated by having the enemy attacks easy to see coming or just really ****ing slow to compensate (the only way the teleporter can hit you is if you don't see him do his "charge up animation") I won't have an opinion on NG til I buy a PS3, but I bet it'll be sweet, just like DMC4 will.

P.S. Except for the score parts, everthing else is my opinion, so whatever one you have the most fun with is fun. And the dude who played as Dante sucked ass. I could've made a better video.