New Devil May Cry 4 Hands on

Discussion in 'Misc. and Multiplatform Games' started by Zenien, Dec 8, 2007.

1. WhatsHisFace Registered

DMC 2 and 3 were awful.

2. Timstuff Registered

DMC3 was awesome. In a lot of ways even more awesome than DMC1.

3. XtromaniaK Registered

4. Timstuff Registered

Aw-you-stink-at-making-compelling-arguments. ;)

5. Havok83 Registered

I still need to play it. DMC2 kinda turned me off from the series

6. Zenien Guest

DMC2 doesn't count. :cmad:

7. Purple Prancer Registered

8. XtromaniaK Registered

I don't need to, Fenrir is fully willing to make them for me.

9. Purple Prancer Registered

Impossible. That would make him your ***** :o

10. Fenrir Devourer Of Gods

11. XtromaniaK Registered

It's okay, Fenrir. You're everybody who doesn't want to argue but has an opinion's *****.

12. Fenrir Devourer Of Gods

Buncha lazy-ass f**kers, the lot of you. :cmad:

13. Zenien Guest

mb]Here's the first article with a preview of Nero

New Stuff from this article:

*A new "Proud Soul" currency is added to DMC4. These Proud Souls are used to purchase special moves and abilities. Proud Souls are calculated at the end of the mission instead of Red orbs, which are also converted into Proud Souls.

*The game starts off with 2 difficulty modes: Human and Devil Hunter. Human is the toned down Normal mode of DMC4 where as Devil Hunter is the harder version for the fans. Capcom listened. happy

*Nero has Air Hike move, the ability the increase the range of his Snatch as well as an AERIAL LAUNCHER! You can perform a Hightime in mid-air for even more insane combos.

Some of Nero's other moves are: High Roller, Roulette Spin, Split and Double Down

*You can actually REFUND moves/items you don't like that you have purchased to get back your Proud Souls. Also it appears that the cost of UNPURCHASED moves goes up every time you don't purchase it for something else. An interesting currency mechanic has been brought into play in DMC4.

*Replay stages feature is CONFIRMED for DMC4.

New DMC4 Videos

*While Stylish points have always been in DMC3, this is the first time that DMC has a definite numerical system that is displayed for the player to use when they are going for the Stylish Points run. This is akin to NG's Karma runs and these will be displayed on Leaderboards.

These videos appear to be played on the PS3 version installed because there are virtually no load times to be seen anywhere. This was discussed by Shane on the latest 1up Yours podcast.

Other new stuff you can see from watching the video, like the Frost's new moves, some puzzle solving bits and Nero's new aerial launcher.

Please discuss all new things here.

Oh and if you pre-order the game you get this wonderful artbook.

http://www.freeimagehost.eu/image/2430901678006

And for the PAL only gamers, the Collector's Edition is coming to your region as well. Here's the cover art for the tin box PAL CE.

http://www.freeimagehost.eu/image/3e54ee1678005[/QUOTE]

Enjoy

14. Smirnoff Registered

:O I love Ninja Gaiden and DMC. DMC3 was my favorite action game on PS2, and NG was my favorite action game on Xbox. So I love both.

15. Spidey17 Registered

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29055.html

This might've been posted already, but I didn't see it so whatever. It's the Final Japanese trailer, and it looks great, they packed in a bunch of never-seen-before cinematics, and some new moves as well. Looks to be a step up from DMC3, which I thought was better than one. There are some SPOILERS, so don't watch if you want the story to be completely new to you. And I don't like the whole "switch off characters halfway". If that ends up being the case, how will Capcom handle that? Will Nero die, turn give in to the demon possessing his arm, what? I wish he at least got a whole freaking game. Maybe the overall game'll be 30 hours, or after you beat it your get the option to go through the whole story as either of the characters.
    And having two difficulty levels is nuts. That might work for RE4, but DMC NEEDS easy for people who don't want to stress, normal for the avg action gamer, hard for those who want a real challenge, and Dante/Nero Must Die for those who have mastered the game.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Dante has Vergils katana, and also Nero has a demon form, I'm guessing it's a new power of his arm? And the sound sucks on my computer, do they say the name of Nero's sister?

16. GekigangerV Registered

17. RED_Rider Soul Reaver

DMC 2 was but but DMC 3 was better and a good game overall. Not DMC1 but still good.

DMC4 looks really more of the same and a bit disappointing for this day and age considering the upcoming Ninja Gaiden 2.

18. WhatsHisFace Registered

DMC 4 needs to install on the PS3. LOL.

19. 블라스 Registered

20. WhatsHisFace Registered

Yeah. Just another reason why this game sucks.

21. 블라스 Registered

I'm starting to agree.
    I will download the demo, but you know how I feel about DMC now, especially after seeing the new NG2 footage.

22. Zenien Guest

Actually it's an optional install that totally kills all loads, and the 360 version can't do it because Microsoft won't let developers take advantage of the hard drive.

Just like what happened with VF5.

So on top of having the better game technically, the PS3 version also has the better controls.

As for Gamera somehow being down on DMC, insane. If you really think they aren't being aggressive enough just switch to a higher difficulty.
    Seriously, boring?

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29110.html

23. XtromaniaK Registered

Who says the PS3 version has better controls? :huh:

24. Zenien Guest

It's the controls, however, where we felt the biggest difference.

Argue however much you will; after five and a half years of hacking, slashing, and shooting demons, we and millions of gamers are very accustomed to the feel of the PlayStation controller, be it Dual Shock 2 or Sixaxis, for the DMC experience. Our gripe with the Xbox 360 demo is that the controls feel too directly ported over to Microsoft's controller, and it's not a good ergonomic fit. While the DMC games on PlayStation have used R1 to modify Dante's attacks, the Right Bumper doesn't feel natural to the gameplay experience, and certainly feels weird when you're targeting enemies to slay. Maybe it's just for the demo, and Capcom will allow for controller configurations that are better tuned to the Xbox 360's controller, but it felt really awkward to play during our demo.

Everyone who has had hands on has echoed the statement that the controls feel worse with the 360 controller, everyone. Capcom has also said taht they have no plans to allow button configuration on either version (in a statement I can't find right now) as a response to the criticism of the 360 controller. Because of the bumpers on the 360, some moves aren't as easy to pull off, according to people.

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/devil-may-cry-4/814902p1.html

25. Purple Prancer Registered

I just thought that I should point out that some idiot today almost got me into an accident THREE TIMES in less than 4 minutes. It had a Canadian license plate and a clever sticker with two female symbols that spelled "Out"

Zenien, get the **** out of Tampa ...you terrible driver :cmad: