New Devil May Cry 4 Hands on

Yeah right... Have you seriously played both GOW's and don't consider it in the top five for action game series? I can't compare them with the first two NG's, cuz Tecmo would rather put out two remakes than start on a sequel. And the first two DMC's definitely can't compare.

Spidey17 said:
I can't compare them with the first two NG's, cuz Tecmo would rather put out two remakes than start on a sequel.
The first two Ninja Gaiden games came out 19 years ago :o

Using Fenrir's avg score for all the games in the series arguement, GOW pwns all. If I'm not mistaken, they averaged around a 94%. And I know GOW doesn't come near in terms of combat depth, though it destroys DMC and NG when it comes to grappling, as well as story. God mode is probably just Hard on DMC3. GOW also has the coolest weapon, the BoC. But NG and DMC have multiple awesome weapons, so it loses their too. But if we're going to judge on critical acclaim Kratos is the top dog.

Wrong again, bud. The avg. score for the GOW series is still lower than that of the two best rated Ninja Gaiden games to date. And Ninja Gaiden Black scored higher than both GOWs.

Here are the numbers according to Gamerankings.com:

Ninja Gaiden = 92.1%
Ninja Gaiden Black = 93.9%
NG Series Avg. Score = 93.00%

God of War = 93.2%
God of War 2 = 92.6%
GOW Series Avg. Score = 92.9%

Of course, 0.1% difference is pretty irrelevant in the grand scope of things, however it does put to shame anyone who claims "on critical acclaim Kratos is the top dog" or "GOW pwns all". Check your facts next time, junior. :up:

Yeah right... Have you seriously played both GOW's and don't consider it in the top five for action game series? I can't compare them with the first two NG's, cuz Tecmo would rather put out two remakes than start on a sequel. And the first two DMC's definitely can't compare.

GoW is an immensley slow, reptetive action game, with overrated graphics that were beaten by Jak and Daxter years earlier, an overrated story featuring a boring character, a boring combat system that had about 6 combos.

There are more weapons and combos in the Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo than the whole of God of War 1, I wouldn't know about 2, but I'm sure that's overrated too.

The only thing that comes close to NG is ONIMUSHA!

I only played the first God of War and it's combat is kindergarten stuff compared to Ninja Gaiden's. And the platforming in the game was just unbearably awful. It's kinda funny realizing how ******ed it is to see Kratos tearing off the oversized hydra jaws but lacking the strength to pull of a proper jump. lolz

Oracle ta-tas are the only reason I'll let your "GOW pwns NG" rhetoric slide this time, woman. :o :O

Complex =! better. Take that **** to the debate thread. You can lie to yourself about Ninja Gaiden being better than god himself over there.

Wrong again, bud. The avg. score for the GOW series is still lower than that of the two best rated Ninja Gaiden games to date. And Ninja Gaiden Black scored higher than both GOWs.

Here are the numbers according to Gamerankings.com:

Ninja Gaiden = 92.1%
NG Series Avg. Score = 93.00%

God of War = 93.2%
God of War 2 = 92.6%

Of course, 0.1% difference is pretty irrelevant in the grand scope of things, however it does put to shame anyone who claims "on critical acclaim Kratos is the top dog" or "GOW pwns all". Check your facts next time, junior. :up:

How about we use the two latest games, then.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma = 86.9%
NG Series Avg. Score = 90.4%

God of War = 93.2%
God of War 2 = 92.6%

2.5% isn't much to brag about, but it's still more. Get it straight, pops.

Of course, 0.1% difference is pretty irrelevant in the grand scope of things, however it does put to shame anyone who claims "on critical acclaim Kratos is the top dog" or "GOW pwns all". Check your facts next time, junior.

By that logic you should really get around to being quiet about how you think that Ninja Gaiden is leagues better than anything out there.

By that logic you should really get around to being quiet about how you think that Ninja Gaiden is leagues better than anything out there.

In terms of combat, it most certainly is in a class of it's own. When talking about the overall package, I have absolutely no problem whatsoever in admitting GOW is superior in certain aspects.

God of War = 93.2%
God of War 2 = 92.6%

:up:

I don't think it's really fair to include the score of a game that was clearly being held down by the PS3's various short comings.

OMG, this whole thread is ****ing cracking me up! Ya'll should turn this **** into a sitcom.

God of War = 93.2%
God of War 2 = 92.6%

LOL, it's downright pathetic how you're grasping for straws here to make your argument seem sound. NG and Black VS God of War 1&2 is the more appropriate comparison by all counts
because:

a) Both NG and Black were made by Itagaki & his team, whereas Sigma was not
b) NG, Black and GOW 1&2 are all previous gen games, whereas Sigma is a next-gen port with little to offer in terms of any substantial value so of course it'll score lower.
c) The PS3 is a piece of s**t

By the way, make sure to call 1-800-I-NEED-A-BRAIN before submitting your next post. I hear those little gizmos come in quite handy. :up:

One says DMC VS NG Debate and the other doesn't, this is the one that doesn't. :csad:

One says DMC VS NG Debate and the other doesn't, this is the one that doesn't. :csad:

The problem is that I have similar posts in both threads. :confused:

Besides, that thread is titled NG VS DMC, not NG VS GOW. :hehe:

Don't make Dante knock you into the air, juggle you with his pistols, before letting your limp body fall to ground and then ridding it like a surfboard.

Anyway let's seriously get back on topic, DMC doesn't deserve a derailed thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"