New Gods. Ava DuVernay to direct

I still prefer Riz Ahmed for Scott Free. :shrug:

It's nice that Logan is a fan of Scott Free and New Gods. Might be a bit of a struggle to get cast and it would take a lot for an actor to campaign for a role publicly like that. But a fanboy's gotta do what a fanboy's gotta do. :funny:

Any news on this project? Given the recent news on JL/Legion, I hope at least this leads to the next JLA film.

I very much want this movie to happen, but I have it filed away under "I'll believe it when I see it." I got burned on Justice League Dark. I shan't be burned again.

I very much want this movie to happen, but I have it filed away under "I'll believe it when I see it." I got burned on Justice League Dark. I shan't be burned again.

Has that been officially cancelled?

Any news on this project? Given the recent news on JL/Legion, I hope at least this leads to the next JLA film.

Last I heard anything was when Ava was on Seth Meyers saying she was working on it. Still sounds in the development/scripting stage.

She directed the movie...there's really no way you can.

Ava needs to hold back on the cheese.

:funny: Nice to see that word.

A lot can happen in the meantime of course.

Props to Ava for trying to get 'New Gods' off the ground in any case. Hope it works out.

It is a little worrying that we haven’t gotten any news about this since the initial announcement. If it was a studio that didn’t have a habit of announcing directors only to have them jump ship six months later, it wouldn’t bother me. But, well...

I don’t think this one will happen

I don’t think this one will happen

Why? Ava seems quite interested in the material, and she even recently liked a tweet from an actor interested in the role of Scott Free. She's just in the middle of another project right now (Central Park Five). I would assume, like Matt Reeves with the final installment of the Apes trilogy, DuVernay will be getting to work on her DCEU project as soon as the other project is wrapped. Plus, since the concept works as a standalone or the foundation for a shared universe story, DuVernay isn't restricted to any particular timetable or continuity.

Yeah. This doesn't seem like a project you take on lightly. It's not essentially tied to the main DCEU, and will likely take several years to develop. I have to believe they'll at least develop it.

'Justice League Dark' may have been put on the backburner after the whole team-up debacle with 'Justice League'. Plus there's the 'Swamp Thing' streaming series for DC Universe.

I can see they might be reluctant to release anything with 'Justice League' in the title, atm.

Betting they'll wait to see how the more horror-oriented Aquaman plays before moving ahead with something like JL Dark.

Aquaman seems to be more adventure-oriented with the only horror element will probably be the Trench.

JL Dark for the masses doesn't have to be any darker than GDT's Hellboy series.
It's magic and Halloween monsters.

KC Walsh of Omega Underground/GWW posted this pic
Dkl6Kn2UUAEBsXe.jpg

& further tweeted that Big Barda & Mister Miracle are the main characters of 'New Gods' and 'The Furries' are going to be the villains of the movie.

This guy's starting to stretch his credibility with me. DuVernay can't be that far into the script's development, yet this guy already knows the main protagonist and antagonist/s? Seems fishy.

This guy's starting to stretch his credibility with me. DuVernay can't be that far into the script's development, yet this guy already knows the main protagonist and antagonist/s? Seems fishy.

I'm willing to put more stock on a scoop from this guy than the other ones out there. He had lots of legit scoops (mostly production updates & recruitment of BTS talents) when he was at Omega Underground (nao Geeks World Wide). All his scoops were later confirmed by Variety, THR or DHD.

I also recall a war of words on twitter between this guy and Umberto (The Wrap) where he mentioned that both had the same source of info.

The Furies make sense as villains in a Mr. Miracle/Big Barda story.
I never expected this to be an attempt to do the entire fourth world epic. If WB are smart they'll be looking at the potential for New Gods to be a large franchise.

Maybe they have some idea of the basic story and who the main players are. Otherwise it could just be obvious speculation.

The Furies make sense as villains in a Mr. Miracle/Big Barda story.
I never expected this to be an attempt to do the entire fourth world epic. If WB are smart they'll be looking at the potential for New Gods to be a large franchise.

They do make sense. If it's a love story about these two people trapped in a hell world and trying to escape, then they would likely have to fight the Furies.

The Furries? What?

shining-freaks.png

My friend thought this scene was so funny she made it her birthday cake!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"