Superman Returns New interview with Singer and Routh... 'Casting Superman'

Found a snippet from this article on yahoo...

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/20060417/114531816000.html

SUPERHEROES ON PARADE: Fighters for truth, justice and the rights of Mutant-Americans are back, led by "X-Men: The Last Stand," the third installment in the franchise about the gang of super freaks, and "Superman Returns," with the Man of Steel suiting up for his first big-screen adventure in almost 20 years.

Bryan Singer, who made the first two "X-Men" movies, directed "Superman Returns," which introduces Brandon Routh as Krypton's favorite flyboy.
Co-starring Kevin Spacey as villain Lex Luthor and Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane, the movie has Superman back on Earth after a prolonged absence. Though not a sequel to the Christopher Reeve "Superman" flicks, the film borrows from the look and mythology created in that series.
Routh said he fashioned his performance to match, injecting his own personality into the character while trying to stay true to Reeve's Superman.

"Chris did such an amazing job. You can change things, but if you do it could be horrible," Routh said. "When somebody does something so great, there's certain things you can tweak, but to change it just to change it sometimes is dangerous."

Showtime029 said:
Don't even bother man. It's pointless, Brandon is a puss because he got a headache and we're his boyfriends for even thinking otherwise.

Come on Showtime, I thought you were more literate than that. Brandon is a puss for attempting to postpone the meeting due to a headache, not just for having one.

Some of you think it isn't a cowardly thing to do, while others do. It's all just people's opinions, there is no right or wrong. It's just Whack Arnolds expressing himself, you know just like when you or any of your "GAMers" go on and on ad infinitum about how great this still looks or that, how fantastic BR is and how perfect he is for the role.

Just because Whacked, ReperterKent, myself or any career woman with PMS thinks superlad is a wimp for succumbing to his headache, doesn't mean he is a wimp, anymore than this being a "good" picture...
normal_SupermanReturnsGotMilk_IVAN%7E0.jpg

simply because a select group of internet fans are so eager to see a new Superman movie that they are willing to overlook fat asses, scrawny arms, and the foam padding necessary to bridge the gap in between.

Whacked, I would be all for BR myself, if he was built like a superhero, and if he actually looked like Superman, but as we can clearly see from the milk add, that just isn't the case.

Brandon Routh said:
"Chris did such an amazing job. You can change things, but if you do it could be horrible," Routh said. "When somebody does something so great, there's certain things you can tweak, but to change it just to change it sometimes is dangerous."

Good thing CR didn't think that way about GR's Superman or we wouldn't have gotten the performance that we did back in '78. But what do you expect from a bartender with a pretty face playing actor, headache permitting of course.

Oldguy said:
Come on Showtime, I thought you were more literate than that. Brandon is a puss for attempting to postpone the meeting due to a headache, not just for having one.

Some of you think it isn't a cowardly thing to do, while others do. It's all just people's opinions, there is no right or wrong. It's just Whack Arnolds expressing himself, you know just like when you or any of your "GAMers" go on and on ad infinitum about how great this still looks or that, how fantastic BR is and how perfect he is for the role.

Just because Whacked, ReperterKent, myself or any career woman with PMS thinks superlad is a wimp for succumbing to his headache, doesn't mean he is a wimp, anymore than this being a "good" picture...
normal_SupermanReturnsGotMilk_IVAN%7E0.jpg

simply because a select group of internet fans are so eager to see a new Superman movie that they are willing to overlook fat asses, scrawny arms, and the foam padding necessary to bridge the gap in between.

Whacked, I would be all for BR myself, if he was built like a superhero, and if he actually looked like Superman, but as we can clearly see from the milk add, that just isn't the case.

Good thing CR didn't think that way about GR's Superman or we wouldn't have gotten the performance that we did back in '78. But what do you expect from a bartender with a pretty face playing actor, headache permitting of course.

This post has been edited by Metropolis Man because humor isn't allowed on the boards as well as in some peoples lives. Old Guys opinion is completely right because humor is non existent in that world.

Metropolis_Man said:
You know what I realized, you're actually like a literal old guy. Too afraid to accept any kind of change.

Heh Heh. :eek:

Oldguy said:
And then the flip side is that if Routh tried to be too different, you'd have people complain.

People just like to complain.

Metropolis_Man said:
You know what I realized, you're actually like a literal old guy. Too afraid to accept any kind of change.

Too afraid? No, I just have standards. I'm not so keen or eager that I would blindly accept any change simply because it existed. That's what young guys are for, swallowing without question.

skruloos said:
And then the flip side is that if Routh tried to be too different, you'd have people complain.

People just like to complain.

skruloos, you must really let me have a go at your alternate reality time machine. Seems like a lot more fun than reality, I guess that's why you spend so much time there.

Showtime029 said:

I'd go work on reading comprehension if I were you, rather than cheerlead the minors.

Oldguy said:
Too afraid? No, I just have standards. I'm not so keen or eager that I would blindly accept any change simply because it existed. That's what young guys are for, swallowing without question.

I'll force my young hand up to my speakers to turn down the volume of your old guy talk. :up: :) Its all good fun though man. I respect that you keep your opinions no matter what. Some would buckle under so many saying that you should just accept it. I certainly respect your opinions sir :) And no ones opinion is right or wrong either. This is what makes the forums so great!!

With all due respect to Oldguy, who I enjoy a great deal, people do love to complain. It is perfectly fine to complain and have a differing opinion. I just think if it was the total opposite of what it is now, those who are complaining would be complaining about something else.

Metropolis_Man said:
I'll force my young hand up to my speakers to turn down the volume of your old guy talk. :up: :) Its all good fun though man. I respect that you keep your opinions no matter what. Some would buckle under so many saying that you should just accept it. I certainly respect your opinions sir :) And no ones opinion is right or wrong either. This is what makes the forums so great!!

The forums would be a lot better if more people actually practiced this instead of personally attacking people whose opinions differed from their own.

Like when you said I was too afraid too accept change, inferring I was a coward because I didn't agree with you. Oh that was all good fun? My mistake.

Oldguy said:
I'd go work on reading comprehension if I were you, rather than cheerlead the minors.

I am confused? What did I do? Please elaborate on your reading comprehension comment?

Oldguy said:
The forums would be a lot better if more people actually practiced this instead of personally attacking people whose opinions differed from their own.

Like when you said I was too afraid too accept change, inferring I was a coward because I didn't agree with you. Oh that was all good fun? My mistake.

You are good with keeping that mean old man mentality. :up: You should consider a career in acting for discussion forums.:)

Oldguy said:

Yeah, even though I don't agree with your opinions and stuff, I just have to say, yep, owned.

Showtime029 said:
With all due respect to Oldguy, who I enjoy a great deal, people do love to complain. It is perfectly fine to complain and have a differing opinion. I just think if it was the total opposite of what it is now, those who are complaining would be complaining about something else.

You know what else people love to do? They love to speculate about things that cannot ever possibly be proven, then use that rhetoric as the basis of their theory that all complaints are irrelevant because "people just like to complain."

People do love to complain, Showtime, but BR is still a pear-shaped, foam wearing underwear model who doesn't much resemble Superman.

Oldguy said:
You know what else people love to do? They love to speculate about things that cannot ever possibly be proven, then use that rhetoric as the basis of their theory that all complaints are irrelevant because "people just like to complain."

People do love to complain, Showtime, but BR is still a pear-shaped, foam wearing underwear model who doesn't much resemble Superman.

I love how your lashing out at me, when I am your biggest supporter in the point counterpoint establishment that I hope for on the boards.

I wrote with all due respect to Oldguy, if you read it, which means I wasn't including you. I hope your not refering to me in regards to speculation or that I am calling anybody's complaints irrelevant. I think you're barking up the wrong tree.

Oldguy said:
who doesn't much resemble Superman.

In all fairness Oldguy, that's all to with(wow, the "o" word yet again) opinion.

I mean, some people can see Superman in people, while others think differently. Like Dean Cain for example, I mean, some people have him listed as the definitive Superman, while I think it's a load of tosh. Jesus, I've turned posh.

Oldguy said:

You're amazing. You've chosen to come at me with your Brandon Routh sucks agenda, you've got the wrong guy.

I don't know why you are relating me to this defender of Routh and Singer. You need to read back on all my posts before forming this opinion. Don't you remember our previous discussions? Think about it. :down

Showtime029 said:
I am confused? What did I do? Please elaborate on your reading comprehension comment?

Showtime029 said:
Don't even bother man. It's pointless, Brandon is a puss because he got a headache and we're his boyfriends for even thinking otherwise.

Whack Arnolds said:
OMG, what a pu$$y. "Can we postpone an hour or two because I have a headache?"... lol, get out of here with that sissy sh1t. Seriously, that is ridiculous, lol. I do hard work with headache's, this man wants to postpone meetings for a multi-millionaire jobs because he has a headache. Give me a break... In real life, Brandon Routh would be the "Man of Tissue Paper".

Get it now?

I don't know where you come from, but around here we would consider this to be less than professional.

My wifey read this and laughed, "Good thing Brandon's not a woman, or he'd be a write off 5 days a month." She's a regional sales manager for a fairly large territory, but she doesn't give a **** about SR, so I guess that's why she isn't as compassionate as you guys are.

Bibs11 said:

I like what Routh said here. Sometimes a change is made just to make the movie different from an old one, but its like he said, its not good to just change things for no good reason. I think Singer and his crew and the actors definately realize this for the movie. Thanks for the post!!

Oldguy said:
Get it now?

I don't know where you come from, but around here we would consider this to be less than professional.

My wifey read this and laughed, "Good thing Brandon's not a woman, or he'd be a write off 5 days a month." She's a regional sales manager for a fairly large territory, but she doesn't give a **** about SR, so I guess that's why she isn't as compassionate as you guys are.

I have to travel and I work my ass of everyday, I don't let headaches stop me. If somebody else said they have a headache or migraine and they couldn't make it, I don't think it's a sign of weakness.

I am shocked you are coming at me like a Oldguy in a three piece suit, if that's your choice we can go with it.

Showtime029 said:
You're amazing. You've chosen to come at me with your Brandon Routh sucks agenda, you've got the wrong guy.

I don't know why you are relating me to this defender of Routh and Singer. You need to read back on all my posts before forming this opinion. Don't you remember our previous discussions? Think about it. :down

I do, and then I read posts like this,

Showtime029 said:

Maybe I wouldn't relate you to a defender of Routh so much, if you spent less time defending him?

Showtime029 said:
Who cares if Routh had a headache or not? That wasn't even remotely close tot he point of the article. The relevance involves the fact that Singer knew Routh was Superman almost on the spot.
Some of these posts are giving me a major headache.

Well to Whack it wasn't the relevence of the article, rather Routh's admitted unprofessionalism was. Yet here you are, posting away on this thread, attempting damage control, reminding us what is and isn't relevant.

To top it off, you then insinuate that these unflattering posts are causing you bodily harm. If you are truly as "unbiased" as you claim, why did you post here at all, other than to quash dissention with the awe and might of your unified conformity group, GAM.

What's the point of GAM? You guys PM one an other when you need some back up in an arguement? Should I be expecting more of you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"