Superman Returns New interview with Singer and Routh... 'Casting Superman'

Oldguy said:
When did I say mine was gospel? I just stated it, and the basis for it. If that is too intimidating for you, don't respond to my posts. I'm not mean, you're just too sensitive.

Don't hate on me because you have no basis for your affection for BR other than you like him because WB execs authorized Singer to give him the job, after they rejected Singer's first choice.

Oh wait, in the face of solidarity and to appear faithful in the lead actor, this comprimise never actually happened anymore.

Not sensitive at all. I just find it funny that all your typical Oldguy backlash has come to the top of your Ovaltene based on a joking discussion I had with Whack Arnolds. If you think I am intimidated by you than you are sadly mistaken.

Actually, I don't know if you have been on the boards lately at all or not, but most posters on this board think you're a joke, and take nothing you say seriously. I on the other hand didn't, and defended your merit on the boards and the validity of your opinions. So if I was so pro-Singer and so Pro Routh than why would I even take the time to even pay attention to the "World According to Oldguy"?

I have no affection for Routh personally, if you really wanted to check back on my posts you would realize that I had many other actors in mind and even detailed what I would have done differently in regards to the storyline.

Metropolis_Man said:
Oh really? You're right about the height, he definatly has that to pull it off. Yeah, Bomer and Cavill were probably my next choices if Brandon wouldn't have gotten it. As far as appearance, I think that guy from the very first Joe Millionaire show looked a lot like Superman. I just don't know if his acting skills were up to par or not.

I don't think his acting skills were all that there. Anothe of the candidates was Jerry O'Connell. I think he auditioned for Ratner.

skruloos said:
Ah, so now you've come into possession of an alternate reality machine?

No, just reading comprehension 101.

skruloos said:
Like what?

Uh oh, here we go again. Did you just try to pass off your bull**** claims without any proof? Tsk tsk. Not very smart skruloos, almost kind of stupid really.

Sigh, now for the part in our conversation where I point out your inadequete reading comprehension.

skruloos said:
Are you really implying that 100% of audience members were accepting of Reeve? That's a bit hard to swallow.

Oldguy said:
Prove it. Link some proof that there was any discernable division between fans over CR's portralyal of Superman in '78.

Do I really need to link the definition of discernable to you? I would think that my request for proof also outlined my position on the % of fans fans who were pleased with CR, seeing as how I earlier acknowledged the old addage, you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't all of the people all of the time.

I clearly did not claim 100% of people were accepting of Reeve, yet somehow that eluded you, I get it now.

Let me know when you get it. Discernable that is, I don't have much time to wait for you to get anything else, I'm much too old for that.

Alonsovich said:
I don't think his acting skills were all that there. Anothe of the candidates was Jerry O'Connell. I think he auditioned for Ratner.

Yeah, I heard he was in the running at one time. One of the images from the new t-shirts kind of resembles him. Jerry O'Connell that is.

Complaining about a guy complaining about his headache. Just...wow. That's not hypocritical at all! :rolleyes:

It's funny how the guy is preaching about the power of opinion but dismissing those that have one different from his own. Again, not hypocritical at all.

Showtime029 said:
Not sensitive at all. I just find it funny that all your typical Oldguy backlash has come to the top of your Ovaltene based on a joking discussion I had with Whack Arnolds.

Hmm, your 1st response to Whack's "claim"

Who cares if Routh had a headache or not? That wasn't even remotely close tot he point of the article. The relevance involves the fact that Singer knew Routh was Superman almost on the spot.

Some of these posts are giving me a major headache.

Oh, that was you joking around? Sounds like RoboMoD's getting his GAM on. My mistake.

Your next post...

Originally Posted by Mentok
HAHAHAHAH... Thats so funny :o :down

Don't even bother man. It's pointless, Brandon is a puss because he got a headache and we're his boyfriends for even thinking otherwise.

Oh yah, I see it now. Look at you and Whack "joke" around. Here I just thought it was you cheerleading someone who wasn't joking around with Whack at all. Of course it was so obvious you were joking around, it's not like I'd need a :rolleyes: or something to make your sarcasm stand out.

What was I thinking?

But hey if it was just a misunderstanding on my part, you could've just let me know right off the bat, I mean all I corrected you on was that Whacked claimed BR was a ***** for trying to get out of an interview, not for having a headache in and of itself. That was what you got so bent out of shape for right?

Oh you thought when I said some of you I was still addressing you. No, I was addressing other people that were on Whack's case.
Come on Showtime, I thought you were more literate than that. Brandon is a puss for attempting to postpone the meeting due to a headache, not just for having one.

Some of you think it isn't a cowardly thing to do, while others do. It's all just people's opinions, there is no right or wrong. It's just Whack Arnolds expressing himself, you know just like when you or any of your "GAMers" go on and on ad infinitum about how great this still looks or that, how fantastic BR is and how perfect he is for the role.

From that you percieve that I'm...
You're amazing. You've chosen to come at me with your Brandon Routh sucks agenda, you've got the wrong guy.

Reminds me of a line from an old play, something about someone protesting too much.

Showtime029 said:
If you think I am intimidated by you than you are sadly mistaken.

I think all of you SR fans are intimidated by any criticisms about SR because deep down inside you know this is a mediorcre rehash of a classic movie with updated special effects. The William's theme will roar and we'll all force ourselves to make due because it's Superman and it's nostalgic of something truly great. Why else do you think they went with a clone of Reeve?

Actually, I don't know if you have been on the boards lately at all or not, but most posters on this board think you're a joke, and take nothing you say seriously.

Cmon now, do you honestly think I could care less about what the mass thinks of me? It's mass, not masses btw, mass as in malignant, festering, tumour of ignorance that permeates herd mentality.

What was your herd name again, shepard? GAM?

Gahhaahhm, Gahhaahhm, Gahhaahhm. I bet you guys would make a nice sweater.

LMAO, I can always count on Oldguy to deliver some Ether

Oldguy said:
Hmm, your 1st response to Whack's "claim"

Oh, that was you joking around? Sounds like RoboMoD's getting his GAM on. My mistake.

Your next post...

Originally Posted by Mentok
HAHAHAHAH... Thats so funny :o :down

Oh yah, I see it now. Look at you and Whack "joke" around. Here I just thought it was you cheerleading someone who wasn't joking around with Whack at all. Of course it was so obvious you were joking around, it's not like I'd need a :rolleyes: or something to make your sarcasm stand out.

What was I thinking?

But hey if it was just a misunderstanding on my part, you could've just let me know right off the bat, I mean all I corrected you on was that Whacked claimed BR was a ***** for trying to get out of an interview, not for having a headache in and of itself. That was what you got so bent out of shape for right?

Oh you thought when I said some of you I was still addressing you. No, I was addressing other people that were on Whack's case.

Reminds me of a line from an old play, something about someone protesting too much.

I think all of you SR fans are intimidated by any criticisms about SR because deep down inside you know this is a mediorcre rehash of a classic movie with updated special effects. The William's theme will roar and we'll all force ourselves to make due because it's Superman and it's nostalgic of something truly great. Why else do you think they went with a clone of Reeve?

Cmon now, do you honestly think I could care less about what the mass thinks of me? It's mass, not masses btw, mass as in malignant, festering, tumour of ignorance that permeates herd mentality.

What was your herd name again, shepard? GAM?

Gahhaahhm, Gahhaahhm, Gahhaahhm. I bet you guys would make a nice sweater.

Did your wife help you write this?

I dismiss the rest of your PMS fest because it's silly personal crap that I have nor want any part of, but the above quote is just plain silly and unjustified.

You certainly do not know that the film is a "mediocre rehash" since it isn't even made yet, unless your angry, trollish grasp of the world magically extends to the future.

It's funny how you're calling out the 'lovers' for their blind acceptance when you yourself are exhibiting the common characterisitcs of the 'haters', which is to unrelentingly hate and criticize when you aren't even in possession of the complete facts about the very thing you're hating.

So how are you any better?

Again, you fail to provide all the facts. All anyone has to do is go back to about page 3 to realize that me and Whack had no hard feelings, even he knew I wasn't flaming him. For some reason you are having a hard time swallowing that fact. It's ok though. I forgive you. In fact, I won't make you go back and post anything more, I will do it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime029
Don't even bother man. It's pointless, Brandon is a puss because he got a headache and wi're his boyfriends for even thinking otherwise.

Exactly, lol.

Quote:
I just wanted to clarify!

LOL, at least you can be a good sport about it. I got no beef with any of you guys, or Brandon Routh. I was just making fun of the absurdity of not showing up for an hour or two because of a headache

Quote:
Well when you asked me to feed you grapes while we were playing PS2 I thought it was a tad askew.
Bwahaha... he's like: "I just got to level two, hey... can you manually feed me some grapes?" "Oh and put on that cold play album."
Sounds like me and Whack were really having a heated debate, there was definitely no joking around. You are so right Oldguy.

SolidSnakeMGS said:
Complaining about a guy complaining about his headache. Just...wow. That's not hypocritical at all! :rolleyes:

It's funny how the guy is preaching about the power of opinion but dismissing those that have one different from his own. Again, not hypocritical at all.

Here ya go oooxxx\\\\\SolidSnakeMGS/////xxxooo, drag your fingers along the words if it helps.

Oldguy said:
Opinions are only as valid as the facts they are based upon.

GR was the definitive Superman of his era because he captured the essence of patriarch that is Superman. He's not Jesus, BTW, he's your Dad. Don't let the christians fool you, they try to take credit for everything, like christmas and easter, both peagan holidays origionally, celebrating winter and spring solstice respectively. That and it was a pioneering new show on TV in its infancy.

CR was the definitive Superman of his era because of his uncanny resemblance, and his exceptional performance in the dual role of Superman/CK. He convinced us a man could fly while acting in his flying rig, and Donner, and crew pioneered new flying effects that were so remarkable in '78 that they created a new Oscar catagory to honour them.

Dean Cain was the definitive Superman of his era because...he was the star of the show on TV? Was it because he wore the costume and the WB said he was Superman? Was it because it was what was on TV at the time?

See where I'm going with this line of thought? Although opinions are not entirely right or wrong, they are certainly not equal. Some have more merit than others.

People that liked Routh right off the bat, because he was lean, graceful like a swimmer have a valid opinion because there's a reason why they have their opinion. People that dislike Routh's appearance, because Superman is a pugilist and strongman, have a valid opinion because it has a reason behind it.

People that like Routh because he's the lead in the new movie from WB, or the people who didn't like Routh, but have learned to assimilate to what is inevitable don't have valid opinions. They are just doing as they are told. The only way they can feel remorseless about their assimilation, is by silencing dissention. It's quite a nasty bit of sociology, isn't it?

Which brings us to you and your compusion to silence me, when it would be so much easer to just ignore me and let my posts fade away. But you can't have that can you? You feel the need to confront, and dismiss my comments.

Oldguy said:
Here ya go oooxxx\\\\\SolidSnakeMGS/////xxxooo, drag your fingers along the words if it helps.

Wow, I'm simply mesmerized by the sheer power of that rebuke. Really...did you go to school for that type of sharp wit or were you just gifted with it when you were spawned...uh, I mean born?

You really proved me wrong and put me in my place. Never again will I question your so NOT-hypocritical views.

:D

Showtime029 said:
Again you fail to provide all the facts. All anyone has to do is go back to about page 3 to realize me and Whack had no hard feelings, even he knew I wasn't flaming him. For some reason you are having a hard time swallowing that fact...

Of course I do, it's completely irrelevant. I never accused you of flaming Whack, I accused you of misrepresenting him. Rather than repeat myself, I'll just requote my last post, maybe it will sink in.

Oldguy said:
...all I corrected you on was that Whacked claimed BR was a ***** for trying to get out of an interview, not for having a headache in and of itself. That was what you got so bent out of shape for right?

Oldguy said:
Come on Showtime, I thought you were more literate than that. Brandon is a puss for attempting to postpone the meeting due to a headache, not just for having one.

Some of you think it isn't a cowardly thing to do, while others do. It's all just people's opinions, there is no right or wrong. It's just Whack Arnolds expressing himself, you know just like when you or any of your "GAMers" go on and on ad infinitum about how great this still looks or that, how fantastic BR is and how perfect he is for the role.

Showtime029 said:
You're amazing. You've chosen to come at me with your Brandon Routh sucks agenda, you've got the wrong guy.

For someone who writes scripts for a living, you sure suck at reading. You don't still think I was addressing you specifically in the second underlined paragragh, do you? You do realize I never "came at you with my agenda", and you look like a complete fool, don't you?

Ah but it's ok, all the 15 year olds think you're cool.

The Game said:
LMAO, I can always count on Oldguy to deliver some Ether

Wow, you showed up and I didn't even have to PM you. I'll never quit you, NEVER!:D But haven't you heard? I'm a joke who's opinions have no value. Get with the program for chissakes!!!;)

You're doing a great job of trying to reclaim your place Oldguy, but I don't see anybody calling me a fool but you?

Why don't you have a MOD check my PM list and let me know if they find one PM to anyone in regards to your little self righteous explosion? Go for it. I am welcome to anyone of them taking a look if they can. MORG, C. LEE, DEW, LIGHTNING STRIKES. I don't need to call for backup because your just ranting and raving as usual. I have been enjoying it when you do it to others, so why wouldn't I enjoy it now?

You're a peach OLDGUY, a peach.

Showtime029 said:
You're doing a great job of trying to reclaim your place Oldguy, but I don't see anybody calling me a fool but you?

WTF?? Reclaim my place? Was there a place to be had? Man, you forumn lifers frighten me. Save the drama for your mama, sir. If there is a place or throne or position of social relevance to be had here, I want no part of it. I do not aspire to proclaim myself God amoung men or anything like that.

So what if none of the rats speak ill of their piper? You still overreacted and made a fool of yourself by playing the role of Lady Macduff. I don't need confirmation of the mass when my own faculties serve quite well.

Oldguy said:
WTF?? Reclaim my place? Was there a place to be had? Man, you forumn lifers frighten me. Save the drama for your mama, sir. If there is a place or throne or position of social relevance to be had here, I want no part of it. I do not aspire to proclaim myself God amoung men or anything like that.

So what if none of the rats speak ill of their piper? You still overreacted and made a fool of yourself by playing the role of Lady Macduff. I don't need confirmation of the mass when my own faculties serve quite well.

Heh Heh. Oldguy. You're a treat.

Showtime029 said:
...Why don't you have a MOD check my PM list and let me know if they find one PM to anyone in regards to your little self righteous explosion? Go for it. I am welcome to anyone of them taking a look if they can. MORG, C. LEE, DEW, LIGHTNING STRIKES. I don't need to call for backup because your just ranting and raving as usual. I have been enjoying it when you do it to others, so why wouldn't I enjoy it now?

You're a peach OLDGUY, a peach.

Oh a late edit, and a little more of that MacDuff magic.

I make a vague insinuation of the purpose of these internet forum herds, and this is how you respond?

You protest too much sir, you betray your insecurities. Watch yourself, weakness only encourages me.

I've always been better at this than Oldguy, by the way :) I'm enjoying watching this only because he's adopted some of my styles and it's flattering.

Good goin old man. It would have been a lot better if it was line-by-line free, though. It's hard as hell to read all the back-and-forth when each one is a moby dick sized collection of quotes I've already read two times previous because I can actually follow along and read more than one post in the past :)

Oldguy said:
Oh a late edit, and a little more of that MacDuff magic.

I make a vague insinuation of the purpose of these internet forum herds, and this is how you respond?

You protest too much sir, you betray your insecurities. Watch yourself, weakness only encourages me.

Encourages you to do what, try to back me into a corner to make me look bad? I don't know if I can take that. It might ruin me.

Fatboy Roberts said:
I've always been better at this than Oldguy, by the way :) I'm enjoying watching this only because he's adopted some of my styles and it's flattering.

OMG, it's my stalker who fantasizes about being my nemesis. The lifer to end all lifers, it's Fatboy Roberts!!!

Hey man how's it going?

uh-huh

uh-huh

uh-huh

really?

kool

uh-huh

uh-huh

yes, I'm listening, uh-huh

uh-huh

uh-huh

You know whats funny, I bet Oldguy is the exact opposite in real life. He plays some bizzaro role on the boards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"