New Joe Fridays: Week 19

Specter313

Ghost of all things X
Reaction score
http://www.newsarama.com/NewJoeFridays/NewJoeFridays19.html

Highlights:

~ Joe addresses Tamora Price's (White Tiger) criticisms of how Mark Miller is handling certain characters in Civil War.

~ Talks about the decision to put Stuart Immonen to take over for Mark Bagley on Ultimate Spider-Man.

~ No Ultimate Daredevil ongoing.

~ Talks about David Bogart's recent announcement about the new policy of using copyrighted materials by artists.

~ Gives updates on certain artists, including announcing that Scott Eaton will be taking over for Michael Ryan on New Excalibur.

~ Talks about a reader quibble about how Civil War: X-Men didn't tie into Civil War much at all.

Artwork:

ham23.jpg

Wolverine_Origin11.jpg

SVTU002001scol.jpg

SVTU004003_col.jpg

SVTU004010_col.jpg

Specter313 said:
~ Talks about David Bogart's recent announcement about the new policy of using copyrighted materials by artists.

As Joey Q said, the policy isnt new.:oldrazz:

This edition was lackluster, no big news, well I guess if youre a New Exaclibur fan.:huh:

Tamara Price's criticisms were the same one I have about Sue leaving

Travel Foreman is an under the radar artists who needs to get the spotlight. Awesome that hes going to do iron Fist for a couple of issues, especially after seeing him in Wizard.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Q: “IronWolf” - Hey Joe, what happens at the end of Civil War? [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]JQ: We all collapse from exhaustion. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In all seriousness, IronWolf, Cap loses an arm with his shield still attached to it and runs away to Canada. Iron Man gets killed by Thor, Sue marries Namor and Uncle Ben comes back from the dead and kicks Jarvis’ ass. All of which gets washed away in World War Hulk by a “retcon punch”. Cool?"[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Heh, Hulk "retcon punch" :).[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ya I noticed he didn't touch on the Sue thing, but I know at the same time he really can't, that aside was cool tho that he accepted her being upset over it with np.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Excaliber things good news, it's one of the few X-books I wanted to read, but just never could pull myself to do.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I don't think he fully got, or dodged the X-Men Civil War question tho. It's not that it doesn't tie in somewhat as it does have something to do with CW, it's that it didn't have enough to do with it. Having a few cameo's by characters who happened to be doing things involved with CW isn't the same thing as being involved directly with CW. Same with them talking to Cap after his fight, sure it recognized the timeline where Cap got done fighting, but the X-Men themselves weren't present in that fight.
[/FONT]

Wow, Stuart Immonen is taking over for Bagley? Sweet. Pending how the Clone Saga turns out, and if things get a little cleaned up afterward, I'll surely be sticking around to see Immonen's work on USM. :woot:

SpideyInATree said:
Wow, Stuart Immonen is taking over for Bagley? Sweet. Pending how the Clone Saga turns out, and if things get a little cleaned up afterward, I'll surely be sticking around to see Immonen's work on USM. :woot:

There's been a thread up about it for over a week now, and you're just now finding out? :huh:

Anyway, does anyone have examples of Eaton's work?

Specter313 said:
There's been a thread up about it for over a week now, and you're just now finding out? :huh:

Anyway, does anyone have examples of Eaton's work?

Well, considering that I wasn't on The Hype for a week, it all makes plenty sense now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"