• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

New Joe Fridays: Week 22

Darthphere said:
WTF are you talking about?
:woot: *sigh* you were suppose to play along. damn it.

roach said:
I dont mind teen superhero books but when you have as many as Marvel has they become irrelevant...just like the three X-men books(really whats the purpose of them all other than three books for Marvel to make money off)
So right now there is Young Avengers, Runaways, New Xmen, The Loners and the New New Warriors book

Have to admit,that is quite a lot of teen team books.

hey Marvel instead of recycling the same book why not use those creative teams on some characters who could use the exposure

roach said:
I dont mind teen superhero books but when you have as many as Marvel has they become irrelevant...just like the three X-men books(really whats the purpose of them all other than three books for Marvel to make money off)
So right now there is Young Avengers, Runaways, New Xmen, The Loners and the New New Warriors book
Honestly? there are too many characters to be in one book. If there was one book and they stuck with one team, the fans would wonder were their favorite character was. Then they'd b**** and moan about their favorite character not being in the book. Then that character comes back only to be killed because they're nothing more than a supporting character at this point... okay, you can ignore those last parts, but the first few may be the case.

roach said:
hey Marvel instead of recycling the same book why not use those creative teams on some characters who could use the exposure
and as far as i'm concerned, ALL characters need exposure. I believe that every character ever created has at least ONE fan.

COMICBOY said:
Honestly? there are too many characters to be in one book. If there was one book and they stuck with one team, the fans would wonder were their favorite character was. Then they'd b**** and moan about their favorite character not being in the book. Then that character comes back only to be killed because they're nothing more than a supporting character at this point... okay, you can ignore those last parts, but the first few may be the case.

I dont think so. I think in a real world situation Cyclops would just have a really big team instead of three splinter teams.

COMICBOY said:
and as far as i'm concerned, ALL characters need exposure. I believe that every character ever created has at least ONE fan.

I agree but there shouldnt be a need for 5 teen books...want to give a characters exposure have him join another team.

But then you would have to worry about the equal time thing in both cases. That's already a problem as is. And why would Scott have the team and not Storm?

Also, if only Cyclops had a big giant team, we would never know who else could be a leader like we have with Rogue now. And we wouild never know if they could be a better leader then him. then we'd have to deal with the same things happening. Now it's good because we have one team in space(it's now 2) and one going all over the world. We also get teen drama with another team. I'm fine with that.

Specter313 said:
http://www.newsarama.com/NewJoeFridays/NewJoeFridays22.html

Highlights:

~ There will be a New New Warriors popping up in the future, with Speedball as the one lone returning member surrounded by fresh faces(guesses include Gravity, Arana, and the new Scorpion), but Jubilee will be on an entirely different and surprising team.

~ They're still keeping in mind the weird voice that said "It's time" to Apocalypse in his last X-Men appearence, but we might not find out what it means for awhile.

Hulk #101 Preview:

HULK101004.jpg

HULK101005.jpg

HULK101006.jpg

That's mainly what I'm interested in, obviously he's joking about the Spiderman thing since Spiderman is going to be in New Avengers, and Iron Man in Mighty.

The Hulk pics look awesome, nothing more needs to be said on that.

The Apoc thing really interests me too. I know there aren't too many Apoc fans on the boards, but he's always been one of my favorite villains. That aside Apoc uses Celestial technology. Wonder if that voice could have been a Celestial telling him it's time, and them coming could be a near future crossover big event. Luckily that one can be a bit more space orientated, and involve Earth hero's at the same time, too bad that it may be awhile to know fully what it meant tho.

Specter313 said:
Don't worry, that cover is not by the same person who is doing the interiors, I believe. Even if it is, they're definitely not the same style. I think it's supposed to be evocative of the Breakfast Club.
I see. I simply noticed a difference between the sketches and that cover so I was wondering. That's fine.

As for people who dismiss THE LONERS (or, "The Team Formerly known as Excelsior") as "another teen team", really need to give a new franchise a chance. Unlike a lot of "teen teams", the premise of THE LONERS is that this is a group of former teen heroes (many are in their late teens/early 20's by now) who have formed a sort of "heroes anon." sort of group to support each other through their baggage and resist the temptations to fight crime again. They were a suppport group seeking to find other teenage heroes and support them back into more "stable" (and less dangerous) lives. Of course, in their debut in RUNAWAYS, it turned out that they were hired by Rick Jones to look into the Runaways, and ended up fighting Ultron. Naturally they lost a member as "Chamber" was really the time displaced Jeffery Wilder with some illusion thing on (as this storyline is over a year old I don't feel the need to tag it, sorry), but look to be gaining some more
; some preview sketches suggested Mattie Franklin and a "female ninja" type

As for YOUNG AVENGERS, I knew it was a bad sign when Heinberg decided on an arc of WONDER WOMAN, which we all knew would be late quickly and naturally drain on what little time he devotes to comic writing. He's a good writer/creator, don't get me wrong, but he's easily one of the same camp of TV writers who sees comic writing as a "hobby" to their "day job" and naturally the deadline is optional. Plus you also have to factor in artist woes. Zeb Wells on CW: YA/RUNAWAYS proved that someone else could competantly write the YA (Millar hasn't completely butchered them in CW yet either), although I would like to see Heinberg & Cheung return for another go. A real "rock/hard place" for a fan.

And yes, I do gripe because I care. I harp on DC less because I read less of it and care a lot less. :p

Dread said:
Zeb Wells on CW: YA/RUNAWAYS proved that someone else could competantly write the YA (Millar hasn't completely butchered them in CW yet either)
I'm looking forward to Ed Brubaker's take on Patriot, Hawkeye, and the Vision in the Winter Soldier special (especially to see Patriot meet Bucky).

Dread said:
; some preview sketches suggested Mattie Franklin and a "female ninja" type

Don't forget Penance. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"