The Dark Knight New Jonah and Chris Nolan Article

I didn't get to read all of the article, just the first part. But, it was nice.

Anyone know why Jonah doesn't have an english accent though? I mean, it says he's got a Chicago accent instead....

ChrisBaleBatman said:
I didn't get to read all of the article, just the first part. But, it was nice.

Anyone know why Jonah doesn't have an english accent though? I mean, it says he's got a Chicago accent instead....

They moved to Chicago. Jonah was younger at the time, so therefore got the Chicago accent more easily. It also said the move was at just the right time so that just as Chris had finished UK high school, they moved and Jonah was just starting American high school.

That's interesting. I'll be sure to read the rest of the article.

ChrisBaleBatman said:
It was on purpose. (I got this info from an earlier article about him.) When he moved, he didn't want to be the weird kid who spoke with an English accent, so he made a conscious effort to take on a NY accent, LOL. He doesn't consider it faking - he considers himself an "amalgam" of everyone he's met. One of his profs noted how observant he was of people and how they act, which obviously makes him a good choice to write character-driven screenplays.

With his and Chris's talents, I think they'll make one of the best creative brother-brother teams out there. :up:

Yeah, at the Comic Con in Chicago back in 2004... Nolan explained how he lived here for awhile with his brother. They both love Chicago, and I think they will be back to film the sequel to BEGINS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"