New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter what happens the cgi and how polished it is will be make or break with general audiences(I won't even get into fans anymore). I personally hope they pull a godzilla/TF1 and pull back revealing as much as possible.

I think fox leaned their lesson with Apes the last time. This time they nailed it.

There needs to be a full reveal(at the end) but keep the cgi shots to a minimum and sell the world/setting/circumstance etc.

No matter what happens the cgi and how polished it is will be make or break with general audiences(I won't even get into fans anymore). I personally hope they pull a godzilla/TF1 and pull back revealing as much as possible.

I think fox leaned their lesson with Apes the last time. This time they nailed it.

There needs to be a full reveal(at the end) but keep the cgi shots to a minimum and sell the world/setting/circumstance etc.

**** that ****. This needs to be a full blown trailer. No build ups & nothing hidden. Show the Turtles & show everything in action. They need to wow people. Hiding the Turtles will not convince anybody. They need to go all out

**** that ****. This needs to be a full blown trailer. No build ups & nothing hidden. Show the Turtles & show everything in action. They need to wow people. Hiding the Turtles will not convince anybody. They need to go all out

You don't need full body shots to sell a winning trailer. You want intrigue and tone..etc.

What you don't want, which was the point of my thread, was unfinished cgi 5 months out when you have a world of people waiting to call you on any and every mistake.

I'm sure people 'want' their big money shots and will complain if they don't get them. I'm just saying better than a truly week showing. The hulk movie learned this lesson the hard way.

A slow build up teaser would have been fine months ago. But now its to late & they should just do a full reveal. Were just gonna have to agree to disagree on this one

GoTG trailer is a great example. Introduce the characters, establish the tone, throw in a money shot.

That'll be enough as a first teaser.

Its the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The general public should know at least their basic origins. This is not Guardians Of The Galaxy where most wont know who those characters are. I think they can get away a nice full trailer for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Ok so this movie comes out in August and we got nothing. The new Peanuts movie comes out in November of 2015 and we already have 2 photos released. Come on already, give us something!

has their been any reason given for the lack of promotion ?

Its the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The general public should know at least their basic origins. This is not Guardians Of The Galaxy where most wont know who those characters are. I think they can get away a nice full trailer for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Agreed. While GotG and TMNT are certainly going to compete for the same crowd's money, their trailer have vastly different things to accomplish. GotG had to prove these characters were actually interesting enough to carry Marvel's first step into the galactic portion of their universe, despite being an extremely obscure set of characters. (Not that I understand why. I've started reading the comics and they're fantastic.) TMNT on the other hand is a relatively well-known property, so that trailer instead needs to sell audiences on this version of the turtles. We'll need the new character designs presented well, their personalities on display to a certain extent, and some great action. We'll probably also get a slightly better idea of the plot from TMNT that GotG gave us. TMNT has less to prove, but since they have to win over a preexisting audience as opposed to making a first impression, I think it would be unfair to say they have it easier.

has their been any reason given for the lack of promotion ?

The CGI and overall vfx.

They wanted the Turtles perfect to show off.

It's really the same reason we have barely gotten any promotion for 'Dawn of the Apes', and that film's titular characters, which comes out in 3 months, rather than 5 like TMNT.

Uh guys.

Remember when Poni Boy said something about a magazine cover and the third week of March and a trailer presumably following soon after.

I mean um, it is the third week of March a-and tomorrow is EW's cover reveal date. A-and next week is probable hit spot for the trailer, if it is to be attached to Captain America and if something is to hit at the KCAs (next Saturday).

And even with this time frame moved up a week, it still fits.

Could it be? Wishful thinking?

Last edited:
The CGI and overall vfx.

It's really the same reason we have barely gotten any promotion for 'Dawn of the Apes', and that film's titular characters, which comes out in 3 months, rather than 5 like TMNT.

That movie has a teaser which dropped in December. A teaser with CGI in it, too. It's not that difficult to get some shots finished ahead of time for the trailers. It's not like they have to present a full mvie's worth of CG, just enough for a few good looks at the characters. This whole "unfinished CGI" line keeps coming up, but I'm not convinced.

Uh guys.

Remember when Poni Boy said something about a magazine cover and the third week of March and a trailer presumably following soon after.

I mean um, it is the third week of March a-and tomorrow is EW's cover reveal date. A-and next week is probable hit spot for the trailer, if it is to be attached to Captain America and if something is to hit at the KCAs (next Saturday).

We can hope.

Agreed. While GotG and TMNT are certainly going to compete for the same crowd's money, their trailer have vastly different things to accomplish. GotG had to prove these characters were actually interesting enough to carry Marvel's first step into the galactic portion of their universe, despite being an extremely obscure set of characters. (Not that I understand why. I've started reading the comics and they're fantastic.) TMNT on the other hand is a relatively well-known property, so that trailer instead needs to sell audiences on this version of the turtles. We'll need the new character designs presented well, their personalities on display to a certain extent, and some great action. We'll probably also get a slightly better idea of the plot from TMNT that GotG gave us. TMNT has less to prove, but since they have to win over a preexisting audience as opposed to making a first impression, I think it would be unfair to say they have it easier.

GoG gave us nothing but quick shots. There will be a trailer showing Quill's origin or the tree or raccoon's or green lady's origin..etc. It gave us quick shots of each and one second of circumstantial dialogue from the lead. We don't even know if it's happening in a galaxy far far away or squat. The villain? Just saying, for all the people that are suggesting that because GoG is unknown, that it had to cover all of those important things, ya'll must have watched a separate trailer.

If anything the GoG style trailer would be what ya'll want from the turtles. Lot's of shots so you can finally see these precious designs in motion and set hearts a rest. I for one thing they should go the opposite, planet of the apes/godzilla style. Lot's and lot's of set up(seriously godzilla trailer) with a few super finished money shots (that have been long prepared) at the end to get people talking.

A litter of beaten foot clan bodies crashing through a roof somewhere/or in a parking lot vs possibly cgi fighting...
I'm simply saying if those are their options then they are in much better place going with the former, for it has proved farrrr more effective than the later time and again. I'm of the mind that fans simply want to see what they want to see after the long wait.

Last edited:
The CGI and overall vfx.

But I'm sure there will be more heavy promoting for 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' in the next couple of weeks. And we got a solid trailer for the film a few months back which I'm sure many more highlighting the titular characters will follow. Plus, movie theaters have a poster up and some cardboard standees. What does this film have? Also, do we have any clue what the rating for the movie is? I checked IMDB, Comingsoon.net, and Wikipedia and they don't have anything.

As other people were saying, if you only show the Turtles hiding in the shadows or glimpses of their bandanas and weapons--- that won't get the general public excited. The public wants to see these guys moving, fighting, and being themselves.

Yes, people know the origin story and because of all the different adaptations and long history of their comic run, they have expectations of how they should look, sound, and be. With the changes made, while new fans and kids won't care so much, it's us older fans that are on the fence. You have some of you who just don't care, but others of us where it's difficult to accept the choices made.

This being all said, they are going to have to hit a right tone with the movie, explain the changes made, and present something that fans old and new alike can get behind and so far, with a lack of photos, poster, teaser, trailer, or interviews... they aren't really doing a good job with it.

Keeping us all in suspense for this long... the reaction to the first teaser trailer or poster is just gonna be polarised like crazy.

Keeping us all in suspense for this long... the reaction to the first teaser trailer or poster is just gonna be polarised like crazy.

Best it's finished, otherwise it will be torn to shreds(literally in the case of a poster).

Finished or not finished, people are gonna tear it down anyway.

Ok so earlier I said we had two pics from the Peanuts movie...well now we have a friggin teaser trailer! And yet still nothing from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Disappointed to say the least...Peanuts looos great however

Anyone else finds the title of this thread very ironic :dry:

Uh guys.

EW's cover reveal is tomorrow huh? That sounds promising, I'm more than ready. I'm fairly certain Poni Boy has been accurate in the past, let's hope he's right.

EW's cover reveal is tomorrow huh? That sounds promising, I'm more than ready. I'm fairly certain Poni Boy has been accurate in the past, let's hope he's right.

If not tomorrow, I definitely think we'll get it next wednesday.

I hope he's right too, but I'm not going to get my hopes up....I have serious doubts we will get anything today or tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"