New Movie Villain

the last son

Superhero
Reaction score
Similar to Arkham Knight in the video games how would you all feel about Batman potentially facing a made up villain in the next solo film. Just to shake things up what if they created a new one. I'm sure everyone would be on board with this as long as it's a good movie. I wouldn't mind it. Have it be an extreme Batman detective movie where you explore the new villain as much as Batman. I know it sounds similar to Arkham Knight, but I have a feeling that'll be lame and I don't want the villain to look just look Batman. I know Batman has plenty of villains to choose from, but wouldn't hurt right?

Yeah if it's written good and executed well then I wouldn't go against it. Example would be Harley Quinn - from animated series gotten into comics because fitted in the any Batman world. Now she's loved by fans.

I feel the same way as Two-Face, though I think there are many other hero's that need a new villain more than Batman. He has by far the best and deepest Rouge's Gallery IMO.

I feel the same way as Two-Face, though I think there are many other hero's that need a new villain more than Batman. He has by far the best and deepest Rouge's Gallery IMO.

By DC by far and overall he's only rivaled by Spider-Man in that area.

As for the new movie villain, I think Mr. Freeze is in need of cinematic redemption and I'm always in the mood for some scarecrow.

i have a better idea. bring back rachel dawes as a villain.

I would like to see a modern take on Mad Hatter. Its been debated many times what version can be scripted. I would like the techno genius side explored. Mind control maybe similar to Scarecrows hallucination plot but on a bigger scale.

I can see Mad Hatter and some other villain The Penguin or Black Mask as possible ideas.

Black Mask & Mad Hatter.

As for made up villain i will pick one odd choice from the 60s tv series and that is Bookworm. That count?

Ill never stop saying this but i hate the Mad Hatter. A reference in Arkham would be fine but i dont EVER want to see him as a main/supporting villain in a movie.

We've seen mind control: Batman Forever. The only way to make him creepy is if you make him an abductor of children like how he's portrayed in recent years. And that won't happen. Too risky for the studio.

Hugo Strange and Black Mask are probably the only ones i would look forward to. Of course Harley Quinn and a Brian Azarello-esque Killer Croc would be cool as smaller characters.

Ill never stop saying this but i hate the Mad Hatter. A reference in Arkham would be fine but i dont EVER want to see him as a main/supporting villain in a movie.

Agreed. Mad Hatter, Hugo Strange (sorry I know you just mentioned him) and Man-Bat do nothing for me, don't like any of them and wouldn't want to see a movie wasted on any of them. Just so many Batman rouges that are better than them, tons of choices to choose from.

But again, there are a ton of hero's that could use a brand new villain, just don't think Batman is one of them, he has plenty of good ones to choose from. For example, every member of the Avengers could use a new villain nemesis, none of their rouges are all that great to me. (Not a Marvel hater, just my honest opinion). I think Flash and Green Arrow could use a new villain as well, Flash's aren't that impressive to me and Arrow basically doesn't have any good rouges that aren't borrowed from another hero.

Last edited:
I feel the same about the traditional take on Croc and Man-Bat. Clayface is interesting at times, other times not so much.

I do agree that there are many villains that are better than Strange, but IMO they have been used already. I find the character interesting depending on who is writing him.

I agree about Flash and Green Lantern too. I dont like any of their rogues. That's why i would rather see them involved in a Justice League only.

There are plenty of classic villains from Batman's rogue's gallery that have yet to be given a proper film treatment. I'd rather we go with one of them than a whole new character.

I still want to see proper takes on Penguin and Freeze, as well as another Joker before we get new villains that haven't been used yet.

Joker: only because Affleck's Batman won't feel as definitive without him. West had Romero, Keaton had Nicholson (you can say Kilmer/Clooney were recasts), Bale had Ledger. So Ben deserves his arch-rival.

Like i said, my picks are Strange and Black Mask. But i find Cobblepot is more classic, more original of a gangster than Sionis. And we've seen the psychiatrist (Crane) who experiments on patients in Arkham. So they can wait a little while. We've also seen enough shape-shifting characters like Clayface and will continue to see them in comic book movies. I dont think that character will go over well with the general audience either. If there's going to be one Batfleck movie, the creators of that project won't want to waste it on an unknown like Clayface, for the risk of it coming off silly. It's the same with Man-Bat, and we've seen a similar character in Dr. Connors. Speaking of Conners...Lizard is a little too much like Croc. If you're making him more grounded, then we've seen that muscle bound villain with Bane already. In the sewers too.

I think it's time to tell the older Joker story. And feature proper versions of Riddler/Penguin/Freeze.

Last edited:
There are plenty of classic villains from Batman's rogue's gallery that have yet to be given a proper film treatment. I'd rather we go with one of them than a whole new character.
This. I hate the idea of an original villain. Maybe an original villain can work in a small role, there were small original villains in all the Batman movies.

But an original villain as the central villain of the next movie is a ****ing horrible suggestion. There are so many amazing villains that haven't gotten proper film treatment like you said.

I would be so pissed to find out an original villain was being used for a Batman movie. The only way that could work is if they want to do something for Batman Beyond. Even for Beyond, i think they could use Mr Freeze for that. I think he works in that futuristic world, and im not sure how any of the villains from the cartoon would translate to live-action.

That way you can still deal with Bruce Wayne who is an older man, Freeze as a middle-aged man and Terry as a 20 year old.

But with Bruce in the cowl..it has to be a villain that exists already. I dont mind some more gothic architecture in Gotham City, or that world being invaded by super-powered heroes from time to time. But im still of the belief that Batman's rogues should be grounded in reality for the most part. In and out of comics. Joker, Catwoman, Two-Face, Penguin, Riddler, Hugo Strange, Black Mask, Scarecrow, Harley Quinn, Talia Al Ghul.....the furthest ill go is Bane and Ras Al Ghul. Court Of Owls work.

I just dont think the monsters and robotic villains have ever worked in the comics or live-action. That includes Solomon Grundy, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy (i guess you can ground her somewhat), Clayface, Killer Croc, Man-Bat. I would stay away from all of that.

Last edited:
Depends, Mask of the Phantasm did a great job with an original villain, even though he was inspired by a character from the comics. Wouldn't mind drastic changes to things like King Tu, maybe a Detective work kind of movie where there is this crazy cult killing people in Gotham, believing it will resurrect Tut or something like that.

Only villain i realy don't care about is Killer Croc, would prefer to see so many other villains done before him, even some that have already been adapted before, like Mr Freeze and Poison Ivy.

two minor/supporting villain Black Mask/Deadshot who are henchman to the main villain who could Mr. Freeze/Joker/or someone that has not been used yet

I don't care for Hugo Strange, either. I'd rather we just see villains like Black Mask and Deadshot set up as mob bosses from the get go, simply being there like the Chechen, Gamble, and the other TDK bosses. It is the simplest way of distinguishing the new Batman films from their predecessors: the unadulterated flair of the comics adhering to the rules of the real world. I've said it before, but my favorite take on Poison Ivy is the South American drug cartel lord who uses plant-monsters for hitmen and lackeys. Gritty, yet fantastic. It can work, and work very well.

I'm gonna say NO to a new movie villain. Batman has plenty of good villains to choose from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"