• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Transformers New, Non-spoilery review on AICN

In all my excitement to see Transformers this summer, I rented the movie which I hadn't watched since I was 7 (back in '87).

And I have no idea how I ever thought that movie was any good, even as a kid. It was absolutely horrible. The soundtrack was terrible, I couldn't make out half the dialogue, and the the movie in general had no coherency to it.

Just my two cents!

good lawd... we're back to where we started. deja vu.. good lawd... people just see through the nostalgia and have an open mind...... good lawd

Is that like an Eddie Murphy impersonation from Coming to America when he plays the part as the reverend?

Blind buddy you're going to love this movie. You're going to come here and praise bay with passion. Everyone's going to be saying "omg relax it wasn't that good..." but you'll persist anyway... you'll see.

If this movie rocks, I'll wear a t-shirt with Michael Bay's face for a week.

I'm done, people can keep complaining all they want. I tried to voice my opinion and didn't call anyone Ignorant for what they thought. That dosn't seem to be the case with detractors, if you don't agree. The attacking starts. Enjoy being nothing but whinners and watch this film make a lot of money. Now I can't wait for a sequel to come out in another three years and give you all something to complain about for another two years.

Seems you wouldn't know what to do if you didn't have something to b!tch about.

Good day to you all and good complaining

Seems like it, doesn't it? Some posters say, "I'm giving it a try" and then go on to bash it after they've bashed it repeatedly in the past. That's not called "giving a try" that's called predetermined. I already know some of their scores.

In all my excitement to see Transformers this summer, I rented the movie which I hadn't watched since I was 7 (back in '87).

And I have no idea how I ever thought that movie was any good, even as a kid. It was absolutely horrible. The soundtrack was terrible, I couldn't make out half the dialogue, and the the movie in general had no coherency to it.

Just my two cents!

Compared to what? Movies that came before it? Because there was NOTHING like that before it. Or movies today...which I think is an unfair comparison. It was good for what it was...a great adaptation of the cartoon franchise...which was only 2 years old when the movie came out. So what's your point?

Seems like it, doesn't it? Some posters say, "I'm giving it a try" and then go on to bash it after they've bashed it repeatedly in the past. That's not called "giving a try" that's called predetermined. I already know some of their scores.

I AM going to give Bay's movie a chance. I will give it my hard earned money on opening day so what more can you ask of me. But I will NOT sit here idlely and let people tell me that this movie is what Transformers SHOULD be and could have been nothing more.

No matter how much time and effort is put into something, you can't please 'em. You'd think that with all the complaining on these message boards there would be alot of women on here. (Sorry ladies! No offense!)

It has to say "I :heart: Michael Bay" and you better take some pics when you wear it because you will. :word:

I agree with the last two posts. Misery loves company, and if these miserable people weren't *****ing about something their lives would feel empty.

And what does that say about you?

No matter how much time and effort is put into something, you can't please 'em. You'd think that with all the complaining on these message boards there would be alot of women on here. (Sorry ladies! No offense!)

WTF??

I AM going to give Bay's movie a chance. I will give it my hard earned money on opening day so what more can you ask of me. But I will NOT sit here idlely and let people tell me that this movie is what Transformers SHOULD be and could have been nothing more.

Not aimed at you, many here probably know who I was not specifically talking about. But, it wasn't you. I know you're giving it a chance. Someone else? Eh, doesn't seem like it.:cwink:

If this isn't trolling or flamebaiting then I don't know what is.

The problem with this is that you don't want to like this iteration of Transformers, no matter how enjoyable it may be. You'll watch it and continue to tear it apart piece by piece and LOOK for negative things just because you're convinced it won't be that good.

And further more, with this kind of mindset, I doubt you'll ever see a movie that is "what it should be." Placing that much faith in hollywood would be like saying Exxon is a great company not trying to price gouge you everytime you fill up your tank.

And what does that say about you?

WTF??

I'll admit you've got a point. Everyday I get on here, and I always say that these message boards are filled with too much negativity over something that hasn't taken place yet. Still, I get on and take part.

I'm not here blindly defending the movie, saying it's the best movie I've never seen BUT am I definitely not writing it off and judging it before watching it.

The problem with this is that you don't want to like this iteration of Transformers, no matter how enjoyable it may be. You'll watch it and continue to tear it apart piece by piece and LOOK for negative things just because you're convinced it won't be that good.

And further more, with this kind of mindset, I doubt you'll ever see a movie that is "what it should be." Placing that much faith in hollywood would be like saying Exxon is a great company not trying to price gouge you everytime you fill up your tank.

And you know this because you know me so well. I've stated many times that I will like this movie for what it is...a summer popcorn flick with lots of action and fun. Will it be more than that? It might be. You read one post by me stating what I feel a Transformers movie COULD have been and you assume that I'm full of nothing but negativity for this film...and you're wrong. So if you're assumptions make you happy then keep assuming...but you'll still be wrong.

And you know this because you know me so well. I've stated many times that I will like this movie for what it is...a summer popcorn flick with lots of action and fun. Will it be more than that? It might be. You read one post by me stating what I feel a Transformers movie COULD have been and you assume that I'm full of nothing but negativity for this film...and you're wrong. So if you're assumptions make you happy then keep assuming...but you'll still be wrong.

No, you're right. I did base my reply off that one message. If you're just being a devil's advocate and/or trying to stay neutral, I apologize.

But I do still believe that there is an excessive amount of complaining over this film when no one has yet to see the finished product.

No, you're right. I did base my reply off that one message. If you're just being a devil's advocate and/or trying to stay neutral, I apologize.

But I do still believe that there is an excessive amount of complaining over this film when no one has yet to see the finished product.

Did an Alan Moore fan need to sit through LXG to know it wasn't an improvement from the source material?

Dude, we've been following every single detail of this movie even before Micheal Bay was attached to direct. We've all tried to find good things about this movie. We want to love this movie. But Bay has pretty much wiped his ass with the source material and trivialized our fandom with arbitrary changes as if we don't exist.

Why does it bother you so much that life-long fans demand more from this movie? What do you expect from dedicated fans who have anticipated this movie for 20 years to do when we see the potential wasted by an egotistical coke head?

And I'm wondering if you're a Don Murphy stooge who registered at the hype simply to defend this movie. :o

Have

you

seen

the

movie

yet

though?

I'm done, people can keep complaining all they want. I tried to voice my opinion and didn't call anyone Ignorant for what they thought. That dosn't seem to be the case with detractors, if you don't agree. The attacking starts. Enjoy being nothing but whinners and watch this film make a lot of money. Now I can't wait for a sequel to come out in another three years and give you all something to complain about for another two years.

both have a join date of March 2007 with less than 100 post between the both of them. hmmm. :woot:

For the last time it's not about "childhoods", it's about fandom.

Like I said earlier:

"Bayformers trivializes lifelong TF fandom/dedication with it's pointless and egocentric changes. It basically asserts that our fandom is based on something easily replaceable and disposable. It's not and never will be."

Yes just about all the subversive content has been omitted by Micheal (Pearl Harbor missed the point) Bay. He turned something that was about imperialism/wars for energy into a soulless army recruitment video because he's a Dick Cheney groupie.

lolz.

Please tell me you're being paid to say all this crap. :dry:

You must have a problem letting other people have a different opinion then the one you have (then again, I might sound like that sometimes too). I'm not going to defend the man for PH (he was the wrong director for that sort of thing) but I'm not going to write him off, seeing how Spielberg hired him when he could have directed it himself.

I've never seen a Michael Bay film, though. Transformers will be my first, to be truthful.

I should put that in my signiture, shouldn't I? :woot:

By the way, some of us of conservative here so let's not bring politics into the discussion 'cause then we're bound to go off topic *looks at thread title* again...

I'm going to revoke your Transformers fan license if you clown on the 86 movie again...I'm serious! :cmad:

You have to learn to let others have their opinions (I honestly can't stomach G1 but power to whoever can!)

I'm sure there's one on eBay. :woot:

I'll admit you've got a point. Everyday I get on here, and I always say that these message boards are filled with too much negativity over something that hasn't taken place yet. Still, I get on and take part.

I'm not here blindly defending the movie, saying it's the best movie I've never seen BUT am I definitely not writing it off and judging it before watching it.

I concur with your position.

both have a join date of March 2007 with less than 100 post between the both of them. hmmm. :woot:

I guess that means they've got lives!

*Looks at post count on Serebiiforums.com and forums.toonzone.net*

God knows I don't have one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"