Sequels Raimi to direct WoW to affect more Raimi sequels?

This is exactly what I thought was going to happen. They sign Raimi and Tobey on for 4 and 5 but they won't do a back to back film to finish this current francise. Now, they are releasing SM4 in 2011 and there's no telling when a SM5 will be released. In all likelihood the earliest would be 2014 or maybe later the way they are crankin these films out now. It's a shame really, they should been tryin to wrap this current francise up with these last two films done back to back with this cast and director and think about starting the francise over down the pike.

Multiple villains isn't the problem. It's putting the focus on the wrong ones. BB and TDK got it right. In a sense, TIH and IM pulled it off as well.

Either way I think it pretty much closes the books after part 4. Sony will probably recast to finish up the remaining two films and we'll get that Schumacher type transition (quality aside we hope). Wonder how they would wrap it up... or how many years they'll wait in between before they had the reigns over to a new cast/director.

Do we really actually know for sure, that Sam sign a deal to do Spidey5? I have always sense or had the feeling that Spidey4 could possibly be his last... so to speak. I find it difficult to understand why would he commit to WoW, knowing he has aging stars for Spidey5. This is going to push SM5 release pass 2014, if not later.

If the movie performs there is no doubt they will fast track one if not two more sequels. I thought they'd do 4/5 back to back. Maybe Raimi can still do 5/6 back to back after WoW though I doubt it. The producers gave no inclination that they were going to stop with 4. That's why I am suprised they went into great lengths bringing everyone back. I think should SM4 make another 750 million, Sony will just hire another director and try to retain the same cast. If they are unable to do so, I think they will maybe do the Venom movie to extend the rights and re-imagine the franchise 7-8 years down the line.

Man, ---- that. :cmad:

So, if this is the last 'Spider-Man' film for this franchise, it's all going to be a cram-factory. Right? Anyhow, I'm hoping that it's not going to turn out that way. But, if Sam is indeed off for future films because of this (WoW crap), give his brother the director's chair. Ted Raimi. Think about it. He'd be perfect for injecting some more smooth-flowing humour into the franchise. Give him the role if Sam won't be on-board for five and six.

Good. Then there's chance of getting a new director for SM5.

I hope people don't get on Raimi for trying to do something else after giving us a decade. Yeah he ****ed up SM3, but so did a lot of people. If he closes it out on a high note then let him try other things. WoW can be the next big thing and can lead to plenty of other video game adaptations taken SERIOUSLY (should WoW perform). I am looking forward to it. Is four films not enough for the guy? Sheesh...

Last edited:
Damn right its enough. IMO it's usually time to move on after the trilogy has been done. things usually start to get a little stale and sometimes change is good. And I am not coming down on the guy because of SM3 or anything but I would say the same for Nolan with Batman and Favreau with Iron Man. Let these guys do their trilogies and be done. If you really feel strongly about continuing with a fourth then fine but I tend to think 3 is the magic number. YES IT IS.

Lol you Spidey fans too hard on Sam. Their been 1 good movie, 1 great movie and a average movie. Overall its really good franchise. Not like Spiderman like Superman movies.

3+ villains can work. It's all about how it's approached.

exactly. i mean, look at BR. that had penguin, catwoman, batman, and shreck. worked out great, cause all the plotlines were inter-mingling. as opposed to SM3, which had 4 plots, and none had anything to do with each other. still love spider-man 3 though!!

If the movie performs there is no doubt they will fast track one if not two more sequels. I thought they'd do 4/5 back to back. Maybe Raimi can still do 5/6 back to back after WoW though I doubt it. The producers gave no inclination that they were going to stop with 4. That's why I am suprised they went into great lengths bringing everyone back. I think should SM4 make another 750 million, Sony will just hire another director and try to retain the same cast. If they are unable to do so, I think they will maybe do the Venom movie to extend the rights and re-imagine the franchise 7-8 years down the line.
I seriously doubt they will ever do any film back-2-back. I do see them, as you say it, "re-image" the franchise.... not reboot.

Good. Then there's chance of getting a new director for SM5.
I have to agree.... I sincerely hopeful.

3+ villains can work. It's all about how it's approached.
I agree; however, I don't think Sam can handle 3+. Apparently one suits him fine; two villains, we shall see.

lol
Don't get me wrong. I'm not on a personal crusade against him because of SM3. I just want a new vision for this movie franchise.
Damn right its enough. IMO it's usually time to move on after the trilogy has been done. things usually start to get a little stale and sometimes change is good. And I am not coming down on the guy because of SM3 or anything but I would say the same for Nolan with Batman and Favreau with Iron Man. Let these guys do their trilogies and be done. If you really feel strongly about continuing with a fourth then fine but I tend to think 3 is the magic number. YES IT IS.
And that's how I feel.

I seriously doubt they will ever do any film back-2-back. I do see them, as you say it, "re-image" the franchise.... not reboot.

I think Pirates and Matrix pretty much killed it. I really don't understand why studios are still so reluctant despite the shortcomings of those previous franchises. Instead of producing only 3-4 films in a franchise you can do 5-6 by doing two films back to back. Not like POTC3 didn't make money or anything. Guess we will see how Potter 7/8 turn out.

Well maybe the Matrix, and even B2TF; but yeah FaT_tONle, I agree. I don't understand it either. They could essentially cut 35% off production cost and save as much as two/thirds of the normal cost of marketing.

I wish Sony would have taken this approach with Spidey 3&4. Maybe Eddie Brock's character wouldn't be so rushed; and, Spidey could have been in black a little longer. Great possibilities.

After the development with Pascal hiring Vanderbilt to do SM-5 and SM-6 -- yeah, this is gonna throw a monkey wrench into any possibility of Raimi doing any more Spidey movies after #4.

Last edited:
There is no "money" issue with this franchise.... it's a money machine.

I meant to say "monkey wrench", not money. Sorry about the confusion...

Do we really actually know for sure, that Sam sign a deal to do Spidey5? I have always sense or had the feeling that Spidey4 could possibly be his last... so to speak. I find it difficult to understand why would he commit to WoW, knowing he has aging stars for Spidey5. This is going to push SM5 release pass 2014, if not later.

No, he didn't sign on to do Spider-Man 5, only 4, same thing for Tobey and Kirsten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"