• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New review from Manila

okim08

Civilian
Joined
May 4, 2006
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
Points
1
http://news.inq7.net/entertainment/index.php?index=1&story_id=76265

"The heavily expository dialogue aside, "Last Stand" is "Fantastic Four" done right, taking the super-powers seriously and making the Marvel Comics panels come to life. This is where the avalanche of seamless special effects really works, making the battles possible and indulging in requisite homage to the source material. More ambitious, though not as sophisticated as "X2," "X-Men: The Last Stand" is an unexpectedly muscular curtain call for the movie franchise that made superheroes super on screen again."

Hi guys, just found this, happy reading! GO X-men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Is it just me , or does everyone think this movie is good? Some love it , some think its just good. I've read MORE Positive reviews then negative so far


On X2's level and much better then X1.
 
Beauty is in the eye of the ... yadayadayada :)
 
Nice review...hopefully this continues.
 
Im liking the muscular, astonishing, and remarkable remarks.
 
im loving all these positive reviews. Most compare it to X2, and most say its different, because its got more action and less thinking, but that its not bad at all, some say its on top with X2. Though none have said its better than X2, having it compared and even on top with the second is really reassuring. And i love it.
 
In my mind I still don't think any comic book will ever top X2. Just knowing all this buzz, negative and positive, means that people care. I for one can't wait till the 25th at 11:59 p.m. Anybody going to the mountain view, CA opening??????
 
THAT is a great read. Hope there will be more of these kind of reviews.
 
okim08 said:
In my mind I still don't think any comic book will ever top X2. Just knowing all this buzz, negative and positive, means that people care.

X2 is one of the most well done scifi films ive ever seen, and youre right.. everyone positive or negative cares about this sagas fate.
 
okim08 said:
I for one can't wait till the 25th at 11:59 p.m. Anybody going to the mountain view, CA opening??????

I got an 11:59 at Oakridge Mall in San Jose.

Cool to notice some other Bay Area people around here though, recently. I thought I was alone.
 
obviously x3 is better than the other in action and effects and x2 is better in drama
 
phoenix_force said:
obviously x3 is better than the other in action and effects and x2 is better in drama

I read that on sevrel reviews.
 
Not alone my brother! Good to here lot's of people are going to the midnight showings. I just can't stand all these links to the character spots. I try not to click on them, but everyday I need my fix!
 
Wolverini said:
Is it just me , or does everyone think this movie is good? Some love it , some think its just good. I've read MORE Positive reviews then negative so far


On X2's level and much better then X1.

It's not just you - except for a couple of dodgy ones at the start most reviews have been more positive than negative. I still wait for the magical Rotten Tomatoes Holy Grail.
 
Iceman/Psylocke said:
It's not just you - except for a couple of dodgy ones at the start most reviews have been more positive than negative. I still wait for the magical Rotten Tomatoes Holy Grail.

How fresh is x-3 so far?
 
2 fresh reviews, but if you read the reviews, the film is about a 3/5.
 
They've been very good so far--raves about the story, the action sequences, and the performances. I hope it continues when the more mainstream reviews hit next week. :up:
 
Lets face it ... things are looking good.
 
I'm just worried about the coming months, when we've seen x3, and no other X-men movie to look forward to. PLEASE MAKE AN X4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Nell2ThaIzzay said:
I got an 11:59 at Oakridge Mall in San Jose.

Cool to notice some other Bay Area people around here though, recently. I thought I was alone.

dude, i'm born and raised in SF! :) there are a lot of us around i think....

i really want to see a midnight screening, but some of my friends are unwilling (work the next morning) and i really want to see it first with them. arrrgghh!!
 
Question is how many of these Reviewers are Comic Book Fans & know how much they actually changed from the Main Story one big part of this Movie is based on. Good to know it seems the General Non Comic Book Geeks will like this Movie though.
 
most of the reviews seem to be coming from people who only know of the movies. this guy name drops appropriately (lee, claremont, morrison, and whedon), but he did call xavier "Dr." so it's hard to say.
 
Alone is being one of the few people who graduated from George Mason University, and trying to find a pocket of alumni in SF to watch this past Final 4.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
200,698
Messages
21,788,643
Members
45,617
Latest member
SuperheroWoman
Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"