New review from Manila

Strgts said:
Question is how many of these Reviewers are Comic Book Fans & know how much they actually changed from the Main Story one big part of this Movie is based on. Good to know it seems the General Non Comic Book Geeks will like this Movie though.

Maybe they are judging it on whether it's a good film? Not on whether they changed part of the story. It stands or falls at the box office as a movie, not on its relationship to source material.

The non comic fans liking the film may possibly spell a delightful film for me perhaps...

Wolverini said:
Is it just me , or does everyone think this movie is good? Some love it , some think its just good. I've read MORE Positive reviews then negative so far

On X2's level and much better then X1.
Same here! Even the one negative one I read wasn't really negative it sounded more neutral if anything.

Here is my thing from what I have seen thus far.... this is the big action movie of the summer.... the SFX look exraordinary and the overall story is going to lead up to thebig battle at then end.

Ratner for what it's worth has directed some flashy stuff in the past in terms of look and feel for action, and the budget he was given to work with and the material itself lends big time to the idea that this movie is going to be the big action movie of may...

"The script fires one gambit after another," -Lol, now that's just a cruel choice of words! :p

Nice review, thanks for posting it! :up:

If it's better than X1, then that's good enough.. :D

-TNCV

"When the air is still and the night has fallen, there's only one question you must answer: Whom will you stand with," asks Magneto (fiery Ian McKellen). "Last Stand" follows the events of "X2." Students of the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters go about their lives and Jean Grey (Famke Janssen) is still feared dead. Meanwhile, Magneto raises a mutant army when a cure for mutation is announced. Storm (Halle Berry) leads the X-Men in a bid to repel Magneto's rogue elements while Grey has mysteriously been resurrected, heralding an enigmatic new threat.

Hamming it up delightfully, is Kelsey Grammer--yes, "Frasier"--as Prof. Henry "Beast" McCoy. The fittingly low-key, pale turn of young Ellen Page as Kitty Pryde is similarly striking. And any chance to catch Brit hooligan Vinnie Jones ("Snatch") chewing scenery--as Juggernaut to boot--is welcome.

In his most remarkable work yet, Ratner approaches "The Last Stand" with workmanlike earnestness. The script fires one gambit after another, and while viewers may not have time to absorb the ramifications of one turn before another comes cannon-balling in, there is a multiplicity of clever reinvention here. Aside from the mutant-spotting, fans should not leave their seats until after the credits have finished. Consider yourselves warned.

The heavily expository dialogue aside, "Last Stand" is "Fantastic Four" done right, taking the super-powers seriously and making the Marvel Comics panels come to life. This is where the avalanche of seamless special effects really works, making the battles possible and indulging in requisite homage to the source material. More ambitious, though not as sophisticated as "X2," "X-Men: The Last Stand" is an unexpectedly muscular curtain call for the movie franchise that made superheroes super on screen again

I see six easter eggs in this article.

The reviewer must've been a big fan or did a research.

XCharlieX said:
The non comic fans liking the film may possibly spell a delightful film for me perhaps...

Exactly.

Funny thing is, the pessimistic posters here said "It'll be judged when non comic fans review it and like it." Now many are flipping the script, "they aren't comic fans, they don't understand the story lines."

What do people want?

green1074 said:
Exactly.

Funny thing is, the pessimistic posters here said "It'll be judged when non comic fans review it and like it." Now many are flipping the script, "they aren't comic fans, they don't understand the story lines."

What do people want?

Who's doing that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"