New series from Dan Slott!

Elijya

Avenger
Reaction score
unfortunately no official word on WHAT it is, but here's the skinny:

Dan Slott said:
Well...

Just like EVERYTHING ELSE that came out at the Editorial Retreat...
...I am SUPER-SWORN to SUPER-SECRECY, no IFS-ANDS-OR-BUTS about it!

Not kidding here.

The lips stay shut.

Just like Vegas-- what happens at the Editorial Retreat STAYS at the Editorial Retreat!

BIG TIME!

I can, however, confirm what Joe Q. HIMSELF said today in his Newsarama column:

JQ: Whoa, hang on, Dan Slott just pitched an amazing idea, looks like this is going to be a new title either for year’s end or early 2007. From the sounds of it, this could be Dan’s big breakout title, everyone in the room is digging it. I love when stuff like this happens!

So... Yes. It should be out "either year's end or early 2007."

I hope it'll be my "big breakout" project. (This is NOT something light, fun, or retro. Closer to my ARKHAM ASYLUM: LIVING HELL work than anything I've recently done for Marvel.)

And, yeah, everyone was REALLY supportive about it. Bendis was a HUGE booster for the project. And a number of guys from Carey to Pak took me aside to say that it sounded pretty cool. (And on Day 3 of the retreat, Bendis told me that he called up Millar and ran it past him, and he thought it had some legs too). So that's got me pretty darn buzzed about this thing!

JQ: Well, Dan Slott is off to a good start, his idea for a post CIVIL WAR title is something we weren’t planning on.

And, if you guys want to speculate, that's probably the biggest clue out there. But I don't know if it will help you or not. CIVIL WAR is huge! CIVIL WAR is going to have a BIG effect on the Marvel U! In SO many ways! If you're reading MCW and the MCW titles, you know that NOT ONLY is it one HELLUVA RIDE-- but BIG, BIG, BIG THINGS are happening! So keep reading! Keep guessing! But, honestly, that's ALL I can tell ya. ;)

Swear to God!
SUPER-SWORN to SUPER-SECRECY!
I can say no more!
Not kidding around here.
Honest.

ttyl
Dan

... not... enough... INFORMATION!

Hey, I promised Dan that whatever this is I'm going to spread the word as much as I can BEFORE it comes out, as opposed to the last two series where we were all reactive and had to scramble to save them

Its Champions. Though i guess that could be considered retro?

This is definitely some good news. It will be the News of the Gods if he's writing a Spider-Man title, but he said that it's not going to be light, fun, or retro...etc.

So, I doubt it's going to be Spidey unless they keep Pete in the dark place he's been for the past few years.

Though, I'm looking forward to it as Quesada and others seem to be pumped about something Dan Slott is doing....and why the others weren't pumped over his GLA, The Thing, and Spidey/Human Torch stuff is beyond me...but I guess this idea must be freakin' off the chains to have everyone in a tizzy.

If it's got Slott under the writer position it's in my pull list, bank on it.

Damn, the lack of lightness and fun disqualifies a Damage Control book. :(

I'm sure I'll end up buying whatever it is, though. His Arkham Asylum book was as good as his comedic work.

Side note: Robinson just put Slott's very own Great White Shark into the main Batman comics
as the mastermind behind everything in "Face the Face."
:up:

did he? I might have to pick that up, I wasn't sure if any of those characters would ever return

anyone know if Humpty Dumpty has reappeared?

Hopefully 50 cent will be the main character.

Zoken said:
... not... enough... INFORMATION!
I'm thinking,.... We were gonna kidnap Slot anyway,.............

So me and my constit's will wait a bit,... see what this is.:up: :up:

I really can't wait to hear what it is. :up:

Eh,I'll try it but Dan Slott has never wowed me like he has for some of you guys.

SHEER AWESOME-NESS!

w00t!

....You do of course know what this means. Thanos Copters for everyone!

Save it, I'll take the Squirrle-a-gig

Sabretooth said:
Eh,I'll try it but Dan Slott has never wowed me like he has for some of you guys.

But that's what I like about Dan Slott. He's really not out to just give you WOW moments all the time. He keeps things simple and it's what makes him stand out from a lot of the big time writers at Marvel.

I'm glad to hear this. I've not read a whole lot by Slott (GLA, She-Hulk 8, and the last two issues of Thing), but I've loved what I've read. I look forward to it.

Great news. Can't wait.

Dan Slott just opened up a new slot in my pull list. Man that joke was so lame it didnt even work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"