The Dark Knight New TDK Snippet from Empire Magazine

You know, I enjoy reading articles like this one more than I do seeing new pics and trailers. I mean dont get me wrong, I frikkin loved seeing Ledger speak with his psychotic mannerisms. But after a while, the pics and trailers show too much of the movie. I'm all about just reading what Ledger and Eckheart think about the movie and thier general thoughts about thier characters.

Very cool read.

Great read there. I like it so far. Got to love the British folks for publishing that sweet article. ;)

And it possible TDK could make $300 millions. With many folks now becoming aware that TDK is a sequel to BB (they better thought :p) & not another B&R, I think it could do that. Of course having a great script, acting, & lot of praise will help. And hyping the hell out of it as well. Transformers was very mediocre, but it made a lot from the hype & the popularity. I'm sure Batman is more popular & well known than TF, so it should make more. Of course, time will tell. But I'm sure it will be successful. :) :word:

Are you serious? Every single person who has seen IAL that I know, whenever I ask if they saw TDK trailer, they all say it looks really good and are going to see it. Trust me, TDK is going to be huge. AT LEAST 300mil in the US, easy. I'm not being one of those guys who hears someone say, "oh yeah, looks cool" and blows it up into "omg itz teh best thing evah1," and I've seriously overheard people talking and someone brought up IAL on its opening weekend. First response was TDK trailer and that was the conversation; TDK is going to be massive. It won't compare to Begins at all. Quote me.

Yeah I've been thinking about it and I guess you're right. TDK really is totally different scenario Box Office-wise when compared to Batman Begins. Begins did very well but this time around the marketing and anticipation are going through the roof.

$300 million is a very realistic goal. I don't understand how I didn't realize it earlier.

Yeah I've been thinking about it and I guess you're right. TDK really is totally different scenario Box Office-wise when compared to Batman Begins. Begins did very well but this time around the marketing and anticipation are going through the roof.

$300 million is a very realistic goal. I don't understand how I didn't realize it earlier.
Hail, brothers! Another believer bears witness to the greatness of Him, the Batman!

Cool, nice find.

Though I find it hard to believe that the budget for this film is at $150 million. From everything I saw in Chicago, etc, the budget has got to have been amped up for TDK.

Hail, brothers! Another believer bears witness to the greatness of Him, the Batman!

Yes, I see the light now! :woot:

I just pray that the Batman Gods won't punish me for doubting them. I fear The Knight!

:batty:

Eh, I'll keep my reservations about the box office. You just never know with these things. I mean, Alvin and the Chipmunks is doing pretty darned well in the BO and everyone I know was like, "They're not being serious about doing that movie, are they?"

I'll contribute my share by plunking down full-price IMAX tickets though. :hehe:

Also, secret to my consistent happiness: keep your expectations low. Then when something good happens, you can't help but be happy. :woot:

Cool, nice find.

Though I find it hard to believe that the budget for this film is at $150 million. From everything I saw in Chicago, etc, the budget has got to have been amped up for TDK.
They used illegal immigrants for the heavy work, keeping labour costs low, and allowing Christian to have his usual rider of freshly picked strawberries and chilled Bollinger.

They could have reused the sets at Shepperton from BB. That saves a good chunk of cash. Plus they didn't have to travel to Iceland and buy all of that cold-weather gear. :woot:

They could have reused the sets at Shepperton from BB. That saves a good chunk of cash. Plus they didn't have to travel to Iceland and buy all of that cold-weather gear. :woot:

I think they built some sets in Cardington Aerodrome too, the narrows one specifically. Sure they put others there, it's a HUGE plage.

edit: oops thought I was posting in another thread, sorry for necro bump!

I think they built some sets in Cardington Aerodrome too, the narrows one specifically. Sure they put others there, it's a HUGE plage.

edit: oops thought I was posting in another thread, sorry for necro bump!

You are forgiven... :cwink: Thanks for this article! It's a nice read. :up:

I said and I´ll say again, the most important is that the movie´s sucessful enough to get another sequel helmed by Nolan with Bale, Caine, Oldman, etc.

I'd love to see Eckhart as Two Face in a trailer, but only as long as we don' see the face. For example, a shot of the back of his head, or in a shadow. Where we know he is Two Face at that point, but don't see him.

Figured you non UK people wouldn't have read this so here I am being a nice limey and typing it up for you. Not a huge amount of new stuff, but some interesting bits imo.

'The Dark Knight - July 25'

Most years, a surfeit of sequels and remakes on a release slate provides an often justifiable cue for pundits to bemoan Hollywood's fear of originality. Yet we defy even the most jaded commentator to sniff dismissively at The Dark Knight. After all, look at what Nolan's Batman rethink did with the superhero genre - rooting out all the realism he could, yanking the action down into the gutter, focusing on character rather than spectacle. And now he's going to do all that - with The Joker.

Of course, Heath Ledger's scuzzed, punked and psycho'd-up take on The Joker (dealt with in depth last issue) isn't the only reason we should be drooling with anticipation for The Dark Knight's July encore. In addition to the introduction of bike-tank the Batpod (pictured above - fyi it's the latest Batpod photo released btw), the casting of Maggie Gyllenhaal as Rachel and the slick design of the new Batsuit, we also have a second Nolanised bad guy: Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent, who will be making his acid-drenched transformation into schizoid nutter Two-Face before the credits roll.

"It's pretty common knowledge that Two-Face is a character that starts out as a guy called Harvey Dent," says producer Charles Roven. "At the end of Batman Begins, the DA ws killed, and so in the time between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, they elected a new DA. and that guy is Harvey Dent. He's reputed to be the white knight of the city, having made his name going after corrupt cops. And yes, at some point in our story, Dent will meet his fate."

The hows and whys and precisely-what-will-he-looks-likes of the transformation are being kept under wraps. "He is hurting," says Eckhart himself when Empire visits the movie's Chicago set, "I think he has a lot of anger and resentment." But that's as much as he'll give away. "How I look as Two-Face is going to be a surprise. But, from what I've seen, I think you're going to be really happy, I was!"

Pedigree: Chris Nolan has brought back all of Batman Begins' key cast members (except Katie Holmes), Newbies Heath Ledger and Aaron Eckhart only amp the quality.
Est. budget: $150 million
Predicted box office:
$300 million (US gross),
$450 million (worldwide).
Daftest rumour: That Phillip Seymour Hoffman, James Gandolfini or Bob Hoskins was cast as The Penguin - a character Nolan dislikes.
In a word... Psychotic

enjoy :)

Mostly recycling of old quotes by Empire to give an illusion of a new scoop. At least they're doing their part for the environment.

I'd love to see Eckhart as Two Face in a trailer, but only as long as we don' see the face. For example, a shot of the back of his head, or in a shadow. Where we know he is Two Face at that point, but don't see him.

We seeing him rolling around on the floor screaming apparently. It's the scene when he gets acided apparently.

Yeah I heard about that. Very interesting. But I mean, when he is ACTUALLY Two Face :cwink:

Glad to read about Two-Face, although I don't want to see him in the trailer.

I still haven't got my monthly subscription issue of Empire...grr...and I live in MO..I guess I have to wait another 10 weeks..

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"