The Wolverine News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, I have high hopes for this. Jackman is always so pumped up for these movies, though. I kind of take his excitement with a grain of salt. Everything sounds good so far.

Hugh Jackman explains that director Darren Aronfosky has asked him to bulk out so that he'll more closely resemble the comics Wolverine:

"I don't know how much I want to give away about it, but Darren said with the last [film], 'Hey you looked great, but you're so tall that in those long shots you looked kind of like Clint Eastwood, and that's not Wolverine.' He said that Wolverine, in the comics, is powerful, stocky, you know, he's short and thick. So he said, 'I want you to go there, get bigger.' Yeah, he's thick and it's chunky and it's powerful. I always think of Mike Tyson when he first came on the scene. Sometimes, he was a full foot shorter than his opponents and bent over [with this] massive build. There's real power. [Like a] bulldog, and that's it exactly. Exactly. That's what I'm going for, and if I have a massive heart attack first, well, you tell everyone what I was going for."

Jackman is now about twenty pounds heavier for this film than he was in the previous movies, although apparently he's not looking into any sort of height-squashing technology that would get him down to the comic book Wolverine's 5'3" frame. And he says he's committed to his role.
http://io9.com/#!5750597/kristen-st...nes-and-howard-stark-fit-into-captain-america

Wonder when this will start filming. Hugh just got another haircut as he was in LA the past few days doing things for Real Steel - there was a tweet saying that he was doing stuff for the movie's poster so he had to look like the character again. And the hair is very short.

Wonder when this will start filming. Hugh just got another haircut as he was in LA the past few days doing things for Real Steel - there was a tweet saying that he was doing stuff for the movie's poster so he had to look like the character again. And the hair is very short.

According to a old article by Deadline, the shooting of the movie will begin in March.
http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/as-wolverine-2-closes-is-next-hot-helmer-job-pride-prejudice-and-zombies-with-scarlett-johansson-and-bradley-cooper/

A March start date is being eyed so that Aronofsky has time to open Black Swan and be available for the inevitable awards season obligations. When the New York scenes are completed, they'll head to Japan to shoot the bulk of the Christopher McQuarrie-scripted movie.

The last time a start date was mentioned was by Hugh a month or two back, he said April. We'll see though, I think his hair will grow out in time.

Here's a photo of Hugh from December coming back from the gym.

Hugh+Jackman+Tops+T+Shirt+ZMhp__P0QoRl.jpg

http://www.stylebistro.com/lookbook/Hugh+Jackman/ZMhp__P0QoR

The last time a start date was mentioned was by Hugh a month or two back, he said April. We'll see though, I think his hair will grow out in time.

I don't think 3 months is enough time :csad: maybe they'll use a wig on this one like in The Last Stand.

Ten pages of a good synopsis under each title.

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/t...ow/a-sequel-has-been-in-the-pipeline-for-ages

The Wolverine: Everything We Know
Turning Japanese...

1. A sequel has been in the pipeline for ages...
2. The producers promise an improvement on the first film...
3. The film is set in Japan...
4. A string of directors were linked to the project...
5. Fox surprised everyone by hiring Darren Aronofsky...
6. The film is not a sequel...
7. Hugh Jackman will don the claws for a fifth time...
8. And he'll be bulkier than ever...
9. We won't be seeing him anwhere else...
10. The film will arrive in Summer 2012...

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ock-johnson-helping-hugh-jackman-gain-pounds/

EXCLUSIVE: Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson Helping Hugh Jackman Gain 40 Pounds

By Hollie McKay
Published February 10, 2011 | FoxNews.com
m

It's that time again, folks: Hugh Jackman is pumping iron and packing on the pounds to shape up for the next installment of "Wolverine."

But who has he enlisted for help in achieving that rock-solid physique? Why, none other than The Rock.

"I got the diet from Dwayne Johnson, he put on 25 pounds for his last film and I saw him and was like, 'wow' so I called him up and he gave me his exact diet," Jackman told FOX411's Pop Tarts at the Audi Super Bowl celebration at the Audi Forum in Dallas on Friday evening. "I need to put on about 30-40 pounds, I don't know if I can get there but I am up about 15 pounds so far. I'm trying."

Jackman's Johnson-inspired weight gain diet is comprised of 6,000 calories daily, and believe it or not, but its "hard work" to eat so much.

"Basically it's steak or chicken, broccoli and cauliflower, and sometimes rice but only up until lunch time," he explained. "That's it eight times per day. It's like a job in itself."

Found this pretty cool fan trailer - Heavy usage of Origins and Last Samurai:

[YT]Wh_TDOulo2w[/YT]

What rating are they going for? Hopefully the success of the Wolverine game shows them that they don't need to hold back.

Not much but...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=30238
Darren Aronofsky is just getting ready to prep production on The Wolverine, a film which both he and star Hugh Jackman have already hinted will be a standalone story. Now, while speaking to PopcornBiz, Aronofsky leaves no doubt. He also says why he agree to take on the project in the first place..

It's not a sequel,” Aronofsky told PopcornBiz, though he’s still playing close to the vest on the storyline specifics (which reportedly derive from the character’s seminal Japanese adventure in the 1982 Marvel Comics miniseries by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller). The director did, however, explain why he signed onto a superhero film after the Oscar-stalking success of “Black Swan.”

“I just love working with Hugh Jackman,” said Aronfsky, who previously collaborated with Logan’s Aussie actor alter ego on 2006’s “The Fountain.” “And I think there's something to be done in that world that hasn't been done yet. I'm also excited to do something that everyone wants to make, as opposed to being the only person that wants to make the film at the beginning.”

Popcornbiz then asked if he would be adapting his usual style to suit the CBM genre, or the opposite and going against the usual conventions to deliver something more along the lines of his previous work to which he replied..

“I have no idea,” he grinned. “We'll see what happens.”

I'm hoping I won't be burned, but I have high hopes for this. I really hope they don't water this down.

"What are you lookin' at, bub?"

His dedication is truly admirable and clearly paying off.

I guess The Rock also taught him how to arch his eyebrow along with the weight gaining secrets.

Is he auditioning for Spock? :oldrazz:

Hugh on the red carpet at the Oscars - he was also interviewed outside the Governors Ball and said filming would probably start "in a couple of months."

http://www.accesshollywood.com/hugh...ss-on-his-wolverine-weight-gain_article_44489

Hugh Jackman 10 Lbs Into ‘Wolverine’ Weight Gain

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --
Hugh Jackman is once again gearing up to dawn those metal claws as Wolverine, but he’s not quite in superhero shape just yet.

“I’m getting there. On the track,” Hugh told Access Hollywood’s Billy Bush on the red carpet at Sunday’s Oscars.

Hugh’s wife, Deborra-Lee Furness, who accompanied her hunk to the event, revealed that he’s been packing on those meaty pounds for “The Wolverine” with some carb-free cuisine.

“A lot of broccoli, a lot of protein,” Deborra-Lee said.

“And lifting? Refrigerators?” Billy asked.

“Wife!” Hugh said of one of the things he’s used to pump up his muscles. “Just lifting anything.”

“He lifts me every day,” Deborra-Lee added with a laugh.

“Come here! Get on my shoulders, let’s do some squats,” Hugh added.

So how close is he to fitting back in mutant trousers and tank top?

“I am probably 10 lbs into a 30 lb kind of mountain,” Hugh said.

“You’ve got to put on 20 more? Of all muscle?” Billy asked, shocked.

“Yeah. That’s the plan. It’s no fun,” the actor said.

“Or get a fat suit,” Deborra-Lee laughed.

“The Wolverine” is due for release in 2012.

In one of the many interviews Hugh did on Sunday as he attended the Oscars, one reporter asked him if it was true that he was asked to host again and turned it down. He said he was "meant to be filming in Japan" when the awards were happening and he felt he couldn't do both. So it sounds like the movie was supposed to be filming at the time but was put off. He also said they would be filming "in a couple of months."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"