Sequels NEWS!! Will We Get to See a Spider-Man 4? (USA TODAY Article)

The Hurricane

Sidekick
Reaction score
Will We Get to See a Spider-Man 4?
Source: USA Today
July 21, 2006

USA Today caught up with Tobey Maguire, producer Laura Ziskin and executive producer Avi Arad to see what their thoughts are about Spidey movies beyond Spider-Man 3. Here's a clip:

We've done an amazing job at keeping things fresh," Maguire tells USA TODAY. But, he adds, "it's hard to imagine continuously coming up with stories that deserve to be told. I'm not sure if there are more stories for this character that are interesting enough to be excited about doing more."

You can read the full article at the link above.

Sony Pictures, the distributor for the films, isn't saying either way. And superhero franchises, such as the Hulk, have been pronounced dead, only to resurface under a new director or production company.

But Spider-Man producers concede they haven't looked beyond this installment of the series, which they always viewed as a trilogy.

"We don't have a book we're adapting, like a Lord of the Rings," says Spider-Man producer Laura Ziskin. "It's open-ended. But this could be the last. We've never started on the next movie while we were working on the current one."

More than a dozen big-studio movies will be featured at the nation's largest comic-book convention this weekend, but none come shouldering more excitement or expectations than Spider-Man. It's due in theaters May 4.

Producers — and perhaps, they say, a star from the movie — will unveil some hastily gathered footage from the film Saturday as a goodwill gesture to the convention, which has been a taproot of the franchise's loyal following.

"This is a going-home kind of thing," producer Avi Arad says. "We brought the first one here and the fans have supported us and (director) Sam Raimi from the start. We wanted to say thank you."

Filmmakers are closely guarding plot points to the film, though it will feature a new villain, Sandman, played by Thomas Haden Church.

And Ziskin promises one foe will be Spidey himself.

"He'll have to battle villains within," she says. "I love what we've done with this character."

So does Maguire.

"This one, to me, has more interesting twists and turns" than the first two, he says. "It's been a fun ride."

Discuss

This pretty much gaurentees that the 4th villian is Peter which kinda blows

Sounds like tobey doesnt want to do another one after this.

WildCard said:

which is what I said all along!

It doesnt blow. Think about it guys, less villians = less fillers, more time to develop the other 20 odd storylines in this movie.

WildCard said:

I said this ages ago.

Since when did the actors call the shots if a movie will have another sequel.It's not up to Tobey,the only thing he can decide is if he wants to come back.

Wow, Im kinda bummed about him not being interested in furhter films and no more villains

stinks, this is the last tobey-spider man probably

I love Tobey,but he is getting a little old to play Peter :(

GoldGoblin said:
Since when did the actors call the shots if a movie will have another sequel.It's not up to Tobey,the only thing he can decide is if he wants to come back.

Looks as if SM 4 is probably going to have a new Spider-Man, if Sony decides that they wan't another one.:(

He just turned 31,but he looks his age are older if you really look at him like I do ;)

tzarinna said:
He just turned 31,but he looks his age are older if you really look at him like I do ;)

lol, you really like tobeey dont you?

I agree except leave out kirsten, I love Famke Janssen and Bryce Dallas Howard, I sent Famke a letter and she wrote back to me with a picture and she signed it " Love, Famke Jannssen"

yea youre jealous dont lie

I doubt peter is the fourth villain, and Hasbro paid 35 million dollars for the rights to do the toy line for spider-man 4
http://www.superherohype.com/news/g...ews.php?id=3751

you don't pay 35 million dollars without some kind of assurance you will make profit. and the script writer for part 3 signed a contract for part 3 and 4 right before he worked on 3.

this is nothing but smoke up our butts

Spider-Bite said:
I doubt peter is the fourth villain, and Hasbro paid 35 million dollars for the rights to do the toy line for spider-man 4
http://www.superherohype.com/news/g...ews.php?id=3751

you don't pay 35 million dollars without some kind of assurance you will make profit. and the script writer for part 3 signed a contract for part 3 and 4 right before he worked on 3.

this is nothing but smoke up our butts

I think this might be trying to throw some people off of a fourth villain.Yeah,it's confirmed Bruce Campbell isn't going to be Mysterio.But I remember when they said we would see four villains in the movie,and that's where the rumor came of them filming part 3 and 4 back to back,by using two villains in each one.

The four villains that they said they were using were Sandman,Hobgoblin,Venom,and Vulture.(They thought it was Hobgoblin,because look at the costume)

^So if they got three of those villains right on the money,and Arad said there are four villains in this movie,then it would have to be the Vulture,wouldn't it.

does this mean venom wont be a set up for the 4th and he will be in the movie longer

hitpehoaos said:
does this mean venom wont be a set up for the 4th and he will be in the movie longer

Venom was never going to be in part 4,that was just some fans wishful thinking.

GoldGoblin said:
Venom was never going to be in part 4,that was just some fans wishful thinking.
Then why even bother putting Spidey in the black suit to begin with if they have no plans to do a fourth movie and no plans to have Venom in a movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"