Next Batman Villain?

We could have Harleen introduced prior to her transformation too, I'd love that so that we have a chance to connect with her sane counterpart before she finally cracks and falls for Mr. J.

Logically, one of the villains in the next solo flick is probably going to be one of Batman's big 5 (Joker, Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin and Two Face). Joker, Catwoman and Two Face have all been used in the past decade and are very recent in memory. It's foolish to say they won't work them in as soon as possible but it is doubtful they'll want Batfleck's first solo flick to draw too much direct comparison to Nolan's Batman trilogy, let alone to The Dark Knight. I think it'll be a long time before we see Ras, Scarecrow, Talia and Bane in live action for similar reasons.

On the other hand, Penguin and Riddler are wide open for another big screen interpretation. By 2019 or 2020, after Justice League when we're most likely to get a Batman solo movie, it will have been about 25 years since we last saw Riddler on the big screen and nearly 30 since we saw Penguin in Batman Returns. There's a lot of opportunity with either of these characters to go in the opposite direction of their 90s counterparts. We've never gotten a really strong cerebral Riddler or mob boss and club owner Penguin.

As such, I'd establish Penguin as the head of the mob and have Riddler come in to stir things up.

Riddler would have the Red Hood gang working for him and one of them would fall into a vat at Ace Chemical thus setting up Joker for an eventual sequel.

I'd include Harleen Quinzel in a cameo as a psychiatrist at Arkham who the police consult with and I'd have her reference Hugo Strange as an offscreen character. I'd also have a scene at Arkham that has a lot of easter eggs hinting at other villains. I suppose my ultimate goal would be to build a 4 movie series that culminates in an Arkham and Blackgate breakout orchestrated by Hugo Strange.

Im sure they'll go with Riddler and Penguin like you say. Especially since the show is showing a 20 something version of both characters. It's not connected, but they'll obviously be in their 40s or 50s in THIS universe.

There's no way they'll do 4 movies. They wont even do more than one with Affleck. Prequels are a possibility though, with a different actor.

There's no way they'll do 4 movies. They wont even do more than one with Affleck. Prequels are a possibility though, with a different actor.

It really depends on the success of Affleck's Batman in Justice League as well as any solo spinoffs from that. Batman & Robin aside Batman is a guaranteed money maker at the boxoffice. I think we'll get at least 3 in this continuity, maybe not all with Affleck in the cowl but I think that'll happen. Of all the superheroes only maybe Superman (if you count live action tv) has been played by as many actors as Batman so Affleck is perfectly replacable. I also really feel like at some juncture they have to stop rebooting these things. I think it's perfectly possible for these franchises, especially Batman, Superman and Justice League to run as a sustained series. There's plenty of characters and stories from the comics to draw from and if James Bond can do it, why not the DC heroes?

It really depends on the success of Affleck's Batman in Justice League as well as any solo spinoffs from that. Batman & Robin aside Batman is a guaranteed money maker at the boxoffice. I think we'll get at least 3 in this continuity, maybe not all with Affleck in the cowl but I think that'll happen. Of all the superheroes only maybe Superman (if you count live action tv) has been played by as many actors as Batman so Affleck is perfectly replacable. I also really feel like at some juncture they have to stop rebooting these things. I think it's perfectly possible for these franchises, especially Batman, Superman and Justice League to run as a sustained series. There's plenty of characters and stories from the comics to draw from and if James Bond can do it, why not the DC heroes?

:up:

Black Mask or go brave and introduce Hush, both have direct links to Wayne's past and a good way to kick start a new set of films without total split from what has gone before.

Hugh Dancy for Riddler - Mads Mikkelsen for Mr.Freeze.

...now Im off to watch the latest episode of HANNIBAL.

Last edited:
I dont really care what villains we get to start, just as long as at some point we get a new riddler and a Harley Quinn/joker combo. I think it would be cool to see a new Poison Ivy as well. I am burnt out on two face. the Batman Forever version was terrible, and the Nolan incarnation was rushed with little screen time, and also probably needed a different actor. Also burnt out on Bane.

More could have been nice of course, but i thought it was enough for what the movie called for. I thought he was fantastic as Two-Face.

i loved Harvey's arc in TDK, but it's still not definitive Two Face for me. He never really became a gangster, and they didn't play up the split personality.

i loved Harvey's arc in TDK, but it's still not definitive Two Face for me. He never really became a gangster, and they didn't play up the split personality.

I felt this too, there was never a moment where I saw a distinction in Eckhardt's performance, he was just an angrier version of Harvey, it wasn't a psychologically damaged version of Harvey with clear personality difference.

I felt this too, there was never a moment where I saw a distinction in Eckhardt's performance, he was just an angrier version of Harvey, it wasn't a psychologically damaged version of Harvey with clear personality difference.

It doesn't have to. There are multiple visions of the same characters, nolan wasn't interested in the split personality of Harvey but in his obsession with justice, and he did it right (although his presence in the film was very short). In general, the Nolan's version of the characters were more realistic and rationals than their counterparts in comics, and it applies to the Joker, Two-Face and the same Batman.

That's one of the main things about TDK that disappointed me.
Two-Face is probably my favorite rogue and I thought they handled him pretty terribly.
Then they just killed him off.:funny:

Man Bat as the primary villain would probably draw comparisons to The Lizard in TASM.

But i would really love to see Man Bat as a villain. That'd look sweet in live action

Man-Bat and Penguin? Not sure if that makes sense.

Hugo Strange and Man-Bat would be more appropriate, i think.

Hugo Strange and Man-Bat would be more appropriate, i think.

That would be awesome to see.

I want to see The Riddler and The Penguin as well. Rupert Thorne and Black Mask would be nice to see on screen as well.

Crock is a thug for sure not a main movie villain. It would turn into a dumb Dr. Lizard vs Batman. Maybe G.E.D Lizard.

Apparently this guy is going to be the new Joker

Callan_Mulvey.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"