The Amazing Spider-Man Viral Marketing?

The reason I loved the TDK Viral marketing is because it immersed you in the movie's world.You were helping the joker with a scheme or helping the cops catch him.It actually got you out the house and A lot of people got great memorabilia from the movie.It was just a fun experience.
So you thought it was fun waiting 3 hours to see some stupid reveal of The Joker's right foot?

When was it ever just a right foot?The first reveal was his face.After that it was trailers,Movie stills,Posters and such.How was that Just his right foot?

When was it ever just a right foot?The first reveal was his face.After that it was trailers,Movie stills,Posters and such.How was that Just his right foot?
I'm talking about the 24 hour or so reveal of the full Joker; costume and all.

ANY viral marketing campaign will never beat TDK. It was so original and the first. I really cannot wait for Batman 3's viral campaign. Because for a whole year it really does keep you into the movie. It could be great for SM4

Who says it has to "beat" TDK?

Obviously, though, one thing is almost for sure. The Daily Bugle would most likely be the one who is involved with the viral marketing. However, do you tihnk we'd have to get involved with anything other than the Daily Bugle?

i wouldn't mind something plain and simple, just like the 1st teaser pic of Spidey perched on the belltower...

If the main villain was Lizard, what kind of viral marketing would we see?

as long as there are epic prizes to be won...i'm on board for a SM4 viral marketing

Explore the Sewers with The All-Friendly, Lizard-Man!
barney.jpg

It is right though, TDK set the bar high for overdramatic usage of Viral Marketing.

Just cause they did it non stop, and set boy scout searches, and had mini talk shows, that led to nothing, doesn't mean it was great.

The thing they did, where they first revealed Jokers face was well done. When they had that pumpkin melting slowy, that was cool. But they just went over the top with a lot of there other ideas.

Thing about the Bugle is, they dont have to make up a news guy, like Nolan did for the TDK viral stuff.

Spidey already HAS one! :word:

Jksimmonsjonahmovie.jpg

Can we all just pause and take in the fact of how awesome it would be to get phone calls and video messages from J.K. Simmons? That alone would get me into the theatre. He's coming back, right?

Something with ESU labs? Maybe an underground division where you get a secret code and get access to Dr. Connors' personal files and see how far he's progressing. I'm just thinking as I type here.

In my mind, there would be main sites:
1. The Daily Bugle
We'd have to take pictures of stuff (Lizard sightings? Vulture sightings?), maybe even write op-ed pieces (kind of like Citizens for and Against Batman) praising or damning Spidey. Heck, these could even be separate sites.
2. The above mentioned Secret Connors' computer
3. Something dealing with OsCorp
You get to be a corporation that is buying it out or taking over. Could lead to Kingpin/Silvermane side viral sites.
4. Chocolate Cake Girl's blog
She whines about being skinny and not having any cookies with nuts. :hehe:

I don't know about you guys but I just go really excited reading over my ideas.

You came up with those while typing? That's actually good, though!

Can we all just pause and take in the fact of how awesome it would be to get phone calls and video messages from J.K. Simmons? That alone would get me into the theatre. He's coming back, right?
He sure is, if I remember correctly.

Well, that's a good enough reason right there to go see it. :up:

I say in a year or two after we have a JJJ spin-off.
/sarcasm.

the campaign should follow daily bugle headlines.. like a weekly issue which has interesting factoids about the next movie.

Article about Conners work etc

I think the most complex viral marketing was done for A.I. "The Beast" and as far as I readed it it was one of the most difficult things I have seen in my life. I would loved to participate in that one.

But the Dark Knight one was amazing, it really inmersed you in the universe of the film. I think I am lucky to be one of the "Clowns" of the Joker, and I even got an awesome CFB keychain (I think I could have got even more, but since I am not a USA resident :( ). It was difficult on ocassions, but if you are not up for a challenge like this, then is ok for you.

One of the most awesome things from this it that added so many layers to the film. I really felt bad for Atoz (Brian Douglass) when the Joker killed him. Those who played the game would understand. If a SM viral marketing campaign can do this it would be great.

With Viral Marketing Taking Off With Movies These Days, Do You Think Spider-Man 4 Could Have A Successful Campaign? What Would You Like To See?

Discuss

-Batman137

most def ! It went very well with spider-man in the city week in ny for the spiderman 3 film. I hope they do it again ! I loved the spidey shaped pizza's !:spidey:

Viral marketing did NOTHING for TDK's box office. It just kept fanboys happy and occupied but they already had their/our money anyway. The whole Heath Ledger situation sent TDK in to the stratosphere, not viral marketing. Seems like a waste of funds to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"