The Dark Knight Would you buy a book documenting the viral campaign?

dubdue

Civilian
Reaction score
First of all, I don't mean documenting the viral from the player's side. Anita's site does a fine job at that.

I would love to see 42 Entertainment put out a book documenting their progress and thought process through the entire campaign. I doubt it would happen because 1. It would break character and 2. It would be giving out the secrets on the inside.

However, 42, if you read this. I believe that a book documenting the viral campaign on the inside would be an amazing read. You should think about releasing something along those lines.

Suggested Title: The Marketing Joke: The Dark Knight Viral Campaign and the Reimagining of Movie Marketing.

I don't know about buying a book, but I definitely hope that they do a small featurette on the DVD regarding this!

I don't know about buying a book, but I definitely hope that they do a small featurette on the DVD regarding this!

That's a great idea too. I never thought of that.

I would definatly like to see some sort of Viral documaentation. Whether it be it's own book or some sort of DVD extra, I think it should be done not only cause we'd all enjoy it.
But 42E deserves some credit once this all said and done, people who aren't following this may have never heard of the company and easily never will. It be a good way of spreading their awesomeness even fruther.
I don't see a book happening (Thought I would buy it) a DVD extra is almost essential IMO.

I would not buy the book. I was apart of the viral marketing from the start, why would I buy a book about it.

But I definitly would like to watch a DVD featurette on the Dark Knight DVD.

I would like to see how they came up with there ideas. What they were going to do if Heath was still around, and to see the viral campaign from there eyes.

And also how they react to the phrase "WB Ninjas"

Stuff like that.

I would not buy the book. I was apart of the viral marketing from the start, why would I buy a book about it.

Me too but I wanna see outlines and perhaps "scrapped ideas." A DVD extra would be great but I doubt it would cover everything. A book would be able to cover exactly how the planned and did everything. But I doubt they wanna give away all their secrets :cwink:

I would love to see 42 Entertainment put out a book documenting their progress and thought process through the entire campaign. I doubt it would happen because 1. It would break character and 2. It would be giving out the secrets on the inside.

I doubt if they even have time to write a book on this stuff. After seeing what they've done with this movie, I can promise you that they will be pretty busy from here on out.

I just can't see them releasing a book on their thoughts and processes. After the success of this campaign, there will be a lot of other companies jumping on board with kind of product.

I would be afraid that a book or DVD would just point out how many things we missed for so long, or were unable to get without ninja help.

I would buy it if it was anything like 'The Spiderman Chronicles' that came out with Spidey 3 - insightful, extensive and most of all honest. I'd love to see how one of these things begins as a concept and how it is then implemented, and how they dealt with certain obstacles (I'm referring to Heath's passing specifically).

I'd buy it if they made a book. Make it like from their view (The ideas, concept, getting it don e, etc) and also do it sort of like a story about all the things in the viral (in character).

If they did a dvd feature I'd be fine with that, too.

PROMO magazine will be doing a pretty big story on it in the coming months.

PROMO magazine will be doing a pretty big story on it in the coming months.

Yea, a full on book may not be necessary. I'm sure everything can be explained in a magazine story and some DVD extras. Thanks for the info, tim.

I would love it - my kids and I already have a binder we've made of pictures, printouts of screenshots, all the fun e-mails etc. so we can remember how everything went down.
:grin:

Probably not a book, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some behind-the-scenes thing for an article, like the WIRED article about the Year Zero ARG.

I'd love it if there was some archiving or everything that went down, aside from the Wiki. It would have to be on the computer, since you can't put video, Flash, or audio files in a book. :oldrazz: Maybe a giant DVD instead, or...something.

I'd be happy with a featurette on the dvd, but I'd be thrilled with a book too. I would love to see what I've missed and hear all about everything. I think it's just amazing that they were able to pull something this big off. I learned about these virals about the middle of October and I've been trying my best to follow them. I at least hope they do something to document this for us.

i'd buy it..i'd love to get all the juicy info on how the idea came into being.

I'd buy anything detailing the viral campaign. Be it a book, magazine, DVD, etc. I just hope that somebody at Warners makes sure to make everything from the viral canon with the movie and then does some kind of book(encyclopedia, complete guide, art of, etc) detailing the new world of Batman and Gotham City that 42 portrayed through the ARG. Or even some kind interactive piece on the DVD or Blu-ray. Would seem like a complete waste of doing this whole ARG if it couldn't be explored via other means after the movie is out.

AzBat

i'd love a DVD featurette. but when i think book, i think a small book packaged with copies of the DVD release. like a special packaged edition of the DVD or something. if anyone understands what i'm talking about. i'd fork over a few extra bucks to get that one. i'd like to see a full telling of what happened behind-the-scenes like what ideas were scrapped, obsticales they encountered, how certain things were done(like the burnt Dent buttons).

I hope there's a DVD feature with all the websites on it as files, along with mp3's of all the various phone calls and such.

I don't think a book solely about the TDK game would sell that well. I would, however, like to buy a book about 42 in general, with chapters for each of their games (The Beast, I Love Bees, TDK, etc.) and a CD featuring some of the sites and sounds from the games.

I hope there is a DVD feature on this stuff.

I'd want something outside hard copy wise. Because sites come and go. The wiki hypothetically could disappear a book does too in a way, but its physical and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"