Nick Fury actor preference.

BT18

Superhero
Reaction score
Please no complaints about "another casting thread". I haven't seen any polls for this.

I won't have an "other" option, for one because I'd just like to see what choice you would make of those given. I will however add a name and you can hold off voting until I add it if you request for me too add that name, and it's not some ultra-unrealistic choice.

A couple of these are unrealistic as is. I don't know whehter they could ever get close to nabbing Ford or Willis for this. Vote in the line of logic of, "who would you try to court most if you were the casting director". Cause although you might consider Willis or Ford to be the dream for it, it's also worth considering that it might be waisted time because of their "status", and also, their paychecks would eat up a big chunk of the budget.

hippie_hunter said:
Hasselhof or however you spell his last name

I'm not going to add David Hasslehoff. His Nick Fury lives in the craptastiverse of Marvel with Dolph Dungrens Punisher, Roger Corman's FF, the Motorcycle-helmet Captain America, and Howard the Duck.

Hey, I liked Hasselhoff as Nick Fury :mad:
Anyhoo, if Dave won't reprise his role, I think Hugh Jackman or Jean Claude Van Damme could play the part well.

:eek:

"Van Damme" and "play part well" should never be used in the same sentence...

Honey Vibe said:
Hey, I liked Hasselhoff as Nick Fury :mad:
Anyhoo, if Dave won't reprise his role, I think Hugh Jackman or Jean Claude Van Damme could play the part well.

Are you stable? Hugh Jackman already has a defining Marvel role in one of it's 2 huge franchises. He's also a bit too young. Van Damme is a Belgian who evidently can't talk in an American accent of any believability, who's career has been in the tank for several years, for among other reasons the fact that nobody accept children and slow adults have any respect for him or his acting.

BTW, I didn't mean to be harsh w/ the "are you stable" question.

How come only 3 vote with so many views?

I'd say most of those guys are to old.You mentioned using realism as a base for choice but ford and nicholson will be in there 60's when this movie gets made.
My choice would be Clooney from the manip's i saw a while back.
If it had to be one on the list i'd go for gibson although he'd probably ruin it with his OTT acting style.

With out a doubt Samuel L. Jackson can pull Fury off with no problem.

Dennis Quaid as an older nick, Cole Hauser for a younger one.

i like Cole Hauser for a young Fury, but I think John C. McGinley would be a good choice. Sam Jackson would be too, but the old Fury is better than the Ultimate Fury.

Kurt Russel too... good age, looks good in an eye patch... see escape from new york

BT18 said:
I'm not going to add David Hasslehoff. His Nick Fury lives in the craptastiverse of Marvel with Dolph Dungrens Punisher, Roger Corman's FF, the Motorcycle-helmet Captain America, and Howard the Duck.
All good films.

Russell Crowe is the perfect Nick Fury.

But, to vote, i´ll go with Harrison Ford (i never thought about it, but he would be quite for the part too)

What are these people saying people would be to OLD to play Nick Fury?? They guy served in WWII, I know he doesn't age like most people but he looks like his at LEAST 66. Again its Nick Fury we're talking about. I'm not crazy about any of the choices.

ef2b9

George Clooney - Nick Fury.

I could live with Clooney as Fury.
In fact, Clooney is in my top 10 of favorite actors.....but i still prefer Russell Crowe for the role.

cerealkiller182 said:
I think John C. McGinley would be a good choice.

THANK YOU!! Finally someone who sees what I'm talkin' about!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"