Nickelodeon looking to revive old shows?

I'd say Viacom should just do a Nick Rewind channel!!!!

Splat?!?... what a ridiculous name for a channel...

Splat?!?... what a ridiculous name for a channel...

Yeah. But it makes since given that splat Nick logo was retired around the same time the last of the 90s/Early 2000s Nick shows did.

And its better for a general "classic Nick" channel than "The 90s Are All That".

Last edited:
The Splat, Nickelodeon’s new throwback programming block starting Monday, October 5 on TeenNick, has released their first week’s schedule.

The Splat’s premiere week will include 27 different series ranging from the 1980s to early 2000s.

The first week’s schedule is focused on first episodes, and each series will air in hour blocks. The schedule runs each night on TeenNick from 10pm to 2am with a repeat of that same schedule from 2am to 6am.

The premiere week schedule as it currently looks (as always, things can change):

Monday, Oct. 5
10-11pm The Adventures of Pete & Pete and You Can’t Do That On Television
11pm-12am Kenan & Kel
12-1am Doug
1-2am The Ren & Stimpy Show
(2-6am is repeat of 10pm-2am)

Tuesday, Oct. 6
10-11pm Rocko’s Modern Life
11pm-12am CatDog
12-1am Are You Afraid of the Dark?
1-2am Welcome Freshmen

Wednesday, Oct. 7
10-11pm Clarissa Explains It All
11pm-12am All That and The Adventures of Pete & Pete
12-1am Hey Arnold!
1-2am The Angry Beavers

Thursday, Oct. 8
10-11pm Rugrats
11pm-12am Rocket Power
12-1am Hey Dude
1-2am Salute Your Shorts

Friday, Oct. 9
10-11pm Double Dare
11pm-12am Legends of the Hidden Temple
12-1am As Told By Ginger
1-2am Doug

Saturday, Oct. 10
10-11pm The Wild Thornberrys
11pm-12am Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
12-1am Roundhouse
1-2am Weinerville

Sunday, Oct. 11
10-11pm Nickelodeon GUTS
11pm-12am Figure It Out
12-1am All Grown Up
1-2am Rugrats

My thoughts:
~ Very impressed by the first week’s range of programs. I didn’t expect to see 27 different shows. Good sign moving forward.
~ While the focus is still on ‘90s programming, as it has much to offer, I am glad to see this isn’t going to be a strictly 90s block. There are some ‘80s and early ‘00s in the mix. Remember: The Nick “splat” logo lasted until 2009, but I doubt this block will reach too deep in the 2000s.

Some schedule facts:

~ Shows airing on The Splat that have never aired on The N / TeenNick / The ‘90s Are All That before: You Can’t Do That On Television, Welcome Freshman, Double Dare (the original series), As Told By Ginger, Roundhouse and All Grown Up.

~ You Can’t Do That On Television hasn’t been seen on television since half an episode aired Tuesday, June 8, 2004 during U-Pick Live’s celebration of Nick’s 25th anniversary. Another (full) episode aired before that on Wednesday, June 2, 2004. The reason the June 8th episode was cut is unknown, but the second half was replaced by The Fairly OddParents. The “Old School” feature on U-Pick Live was removed after that week. Before those 1.5 episodes were seen in 2004, YCDTOTV was last seen in 1999 for Nick’s 20th anniversary and before that in the mid-1990s. Therefore, only 2.5 episodes have been aired on TV in the United States in over 20 years. So, basically – this is a rarity!

~ Welcome Freshmen hasn’t been seen since September 1996.

~ The Adventures of Pete & Pete was last seen on Nickelodeon on Thursday, June 10, 2004 for Nick’s 25th anniversary celebration on U-Pick Live. Before that, it ran in 2002 and up to October 2, 2003 on The N.
~ The original Double Dare hasn’t been seen since the fall of 2004 on the defunct Nick GAS channel.

~ Roundhouse was last seen for two episodes during Nick’s 20th anniversary celebration on June 26, 1999. Before that was December 31, 1995.

~ Weinerville was actually seen this April Fool’s Day on TeenNick’s ‘90s Are All That block. Before that though, it was last seen on Nick in 1997.
Suffice it to say, we are getting some rarely seen shows out the gate on The Splat. Let’s hope the trend will continue!

Roundhouse was so terrible. It's the only show in the lineup that I have no problem calling a piece of crap.

Essentially, "The Splat" is "The '90s are All That" with more/better variety.

The only thing this is missing is Kablam! I need my ALN.

Watching Are You Afraid of the Dark is a nice hit right in the nostalgia. So 90s.

It was so good to see YCDTOTV on TV again, especially to watch my faves on the show, Christine 'Moose' McGlade and Lisa Ruddy!

Man, seeing the prizes for Double Dare is hilarious. So, so 90's. Also, AOL sponsership. lol

tumblr_mcf8eilYom1qfzgyio1_500.gif

A modernized Doug like the article suggested would be a good one.

This please.:up:

^ I remember that episode about his parents. 😢 Glad to hear they'll be follow up on that myserty. Odd that the original vo actors of Arnold and Gerald will be involved but not voicing their orignal characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"