Nickelodeon to bring back 90's shows.

Pretty cool idea. A lot of the old Nicktoons are on Netflix.

Awesome! July 25th is sooner than I expected too.

I caught All That and Kenan & Kel last night. Good stuff.

No surprise here...

http://www.deadline.com/2011/07/90s...te-night-retro-block-gets-off-to-great-start/

90s Rock On TeenNick As Its Late-Night Retro Block Gets Off To Great Start

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Wednesday July 27, 2011 @ 11:56am PDT

Who knew there was such appetite for 1990s tween sitcoms? It seems like TeenNick stumbled onto a gold mine with its retro The 90s Are All That 12 AM-2 AM block, which launched Monday, drawing some 555,000 total viewers for the first night, a 114% time-slot improvement vs. last year. The gains were even more impressive in the younger demos: 1.3/417,000 among adults 12-24, up +225%, and 0.6/229,000 in adults 18-34, up +500%. In those demos, the reruns of Nickelodeon's Kenan & Kel (from 1995), All That (1996), Doug (1991) and Clarissa Explains It All (1992) bested most network late-night shows. On Twitter, TeenNick had eight of nine trending topics worldwide during the block's premiere.

Not a fan of how they're putting the same line-up out for what will be the fourth week in a row now. We see shows like Monsters, Hey Arnold etc in the previews yet with this scheduling it might be months before we actually get to watch them. :down

Not a fan of how they're putting the same line-up out for what will be the fourth week in a row now. We see shows like Monsters, Hey Arnold etc in the previews yet with this scheduling it might be months before we actually get to watch them. :down

I assume they'll change the programming throughout the year.

Of course they will. But like I said, some of us will apparently be waiting quite before we see the shows we wanted to watch.

We have to go to the Nick website and vote our favorite shows in the line-up or some stupid shat.

Of course they will. But like I said, some of us will apparently be waiting quite before we see the shows we wanted to watch.

We have to go to the Nick website and vote our favorite shows in the line-up or some stupid shat.

I see. I haven't bothered going to the website they advertise. Maybe I'll check it out. Would've been better to just have different stuff every night. Makes more sense to me.

I assume they will add more shows,but I love watching Clarissa again. The only thing that ticks me off about this is how they are playing these shows starting at midnight. Jeez. Some of us have to get up early for work. Can't they put these shows on a little earlier??

Ya I dont get why they have to air it at Midnight. Why they cant start at 8 or something?

And yet even at that time slot it's getting great ratings.

I see. I haven't bothered going to the website they advertise. Maybe I'll check it out. Would've been better to just have different stuff every night. Makes more sense to me.

Yeah, some of the shows than ran for more than a few seasons (All That, Kenan and Kel) I can understand them running every weeknight but I think to throw in some of the other shows would have been the most sensible thing to do. I was excited for this initially, but now I'll just try to catch Doug and if I don't then oh well. I just can't get excited to sit down a watch the current line-up.

Also, like some of y'all are saying, I agree it should come on a little earlier. At least an hour earlier would be great. The majority people who grew up on these shows have jobs/families now ha, they're not going to stay up all night for this.

I loved All That and Kenan & Kel when I was a kid. It's cool I get to watch these shows again. The theme song to K&K. :awesome: I'll definitely be tuning in when I can to watch these. I hope they show the later episodes, didn't see many of them.

I've watched a couple episodes of Clarissa.. it was surreal because I haven't seen it in so long. I think I stopped watching Nickelodeon sometime after the first season of All That.

Some change up...

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/08/teen_nick_clarissa.html

Teen Nick Dumps Clarissa Explains It All [Update]

8/24/11 at 12:00 PM

51Comments
a_146x97.jpg

Melissa Joan Hart.
Photo:Nickelodeon

Teen Nick's experiment in resurrecting nineties shows for late night has been a runaway ratings smash, but the schedule is about to get a shake-up. EW reports that on September 5, Clarissa Explains It All and Doug will be dropped from the network's two-hour "The ’90s Are All That" programming block, replaced by cartoons Hey Arnold! and Rocko's Modern Life. (Schedule stalwarts All That and Kenan and Kel will get to stay put ... for now.) Nostalgia: so ephemeral! UPDATE: Teen Nick just clarified the situation to Vulture, and Clarissa and Doug will still air on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday nights. Phew! [Inside TV/EW]

Good to hear they're sprinkling in some new shows, especially since Hey Arnold! is one. Also, terrible headline from that article.

I'm bummed their dropping Doug. That was the only one of the previous four I enjoyed in a non-nostalgic way (the other ones are good for their target age group, but only marginally entertaining for me as an adult). I do like Rocko's Modern Life a lot, though.

What they should've done from the start...

http://collider.com/hey-dude-stick-stickly-the-90s-are-all-that-teennick/118764/

HEY DUDE and Stick Stickly Join The 90′s Are All That Line-Up Which is Moving to Primetime on TeenNick

by Ethan Anderton Posted:October 5th, 2011 at 10:41 am

hey-dude-stick-stickly-slice.jpg
Back in March we learned that a handful of programming from the 90′s would make its way to late night time slots on TeenNick for a great block of shows called The 90′s Are All That. Originally starting with All That, Kenan & Kel, Doug and Clarissa Explains It All, the line-up has since expanded to include shows like Hey Arnold! and Rugrats. Now another Nickelodeon classic is joining the ranks as EW has word that Hey Dude is saddling up for some reruns. If this just didn’t hit during your childhood or you just didn’t have Nickelodeon as a kid, the series, which aired from 1989-1991, followed a wacky group of teenagers working at the Bar None western dude ranch and starred David Brisbin (Mr. Ernst), David Lascher (Ted), Christine Taylor (Melody), Kelly Brown (Brad), and Joe Torres (Danny).

Not only is Hey Dude coming around, but the entire programming line-up is moving from the late night time slot to a primetime start at 10/9c. And for even more great news for children of the 90′s another staple from Nickelodeon will return every Friday. The popsicle stick host Stick Stickly (I still remember the address where you could send letters that could be brought up on air) will host UPick with Stick where every Friday night, episodes can be chosen by viewers via Facebook and www.90sAreAllThat.com. Honestly, why can’t we just have a whole channel dedicated to Nickelodeon’s programming from the 90′s? Until that day comes, this will have to suffice I suppose

Stick Stickly returns!!!

All hail 90's Nickelodeon.

at least they are re-running them rather than re-imagining or remaking them

They played the Zeke the Plumber episode of Salute Your Shorts last night and man, it certainly holds up over all these years. Very funny, very clever and actually a bit scary as well. It's a toned down for kids television Nightmare on Elm Street pretty much. I hope they show other episodes from the series in the near future.

I caught some of the Are You Afraid of the Dark? episodes they showed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"