Nickelodeon to bring back 90's shows.

Dr. Evil

Eternal
Reaction score
If you’re one of the people who got all nostalgic at yesterday’s news about Nickelodeon’s new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series, prepare to take another trip down memory lane. Nickelodeon’s TeenNick channel has announced a plan to show reruns of ’90s shows like Pete & Pete and Rugrats as part of a new programming block. Read more details after the jump.

Entertainment Weekly reports that TeenNick (formerly known as The N), has scheduled a two-hour block from midnight to 2 AM called The ’90s Are All That — sort of a retro TGIF for people who grew up with the original TGIF, I guess. The block will include old programs like Rugrats, Kenan & Kel, Pete & Pete, The Amanda Bynes Show, All That and Clarissa Explains it All. TeenNick plans to eventually use the block to show other ’90s shows and films as well.

TeenNick came up with the idea after they noticed how often ’90s Nickelodeon shows were being passed around and discussed on social media sites like Facebook:

“At the time, we were completely devoted to that audience ages 9, 10, and 11,” Keith Dawkins, senior VP and general manager of TeenNick, tells EW. “It was ground-breaking and for the young viewers, a powerful and pivotal time in their lives. Those kids who are now 22, 23 and 24 want to bring that back.”

Dawkins’ math is just a bit off for some of the shows; the kids who enjoyed Clarissa Explains It All and Pete & Pete at 10 or 11 would be in their late 20s by now. But as I’ve seen 22-year-olds waxing nostalgic about the ’80s — you know, the decade they were alive for one year of — I doubt it matters.

http://www.slashfilm.com/nickelodeon-bring-1990s-programing/

:awesome:

Back when Keenan Thompson was at his greatest. He's good on Saturday Night Live, but he was even better on All That and Keenan and Kel.

They only just now noticed that the old shows were being passed around the net and were being discussed by older teens/young adults? Yeah, whatever.

Glad to hear this news though. Hopefully Rocko and Real Monsters get some new air time.

Awesome, I've been waiting for this for a long time.

I'll be going down memory lane soon then!

I'm freaking out right now! I've been waiting for years for somthing like this.

Sounds like they're going for an Adult Swim type thing, guess that's cool. 2 hours just doesn't seem long enough though.

Yeah, and if they air a movie that'll take up the whole block. I'm assuming it will be a nightly thing though, so I could live with 2 hours as long as the shows are varied.

this is awesome news!!

hopefully they also bring back Salute Your Shorts and Welcome Freshmen :woot:

Man i am such a 90's baby. Shows like All That, Kenan and Kel, Pete and Pete, Salute your shorts, Doug, and Rugrats defined my childhood. What was so great about them was that they were shows aimed at kids but they didnt talk down to them either. Such good times.....

They need to have Stick Stickly host the two hour block.

This is great news. I watched the Pete and Pete introduction on youtube so many months ago and it was if it was yesterday I was watching it.

What about Are you Afraid of the Dark?

Keenan and Kel was one of my top shows. I'd love to rewatch some Hey Arnold.

This is great news. I watched the Pete and Pete introduction on youtube so many months ago and it was if it was yesterday I was watching it.

What about Are you Afraid of the Dark?

Keenan and Kel was one of my top shows. I'd love to rewatch some Hey Arnold.
Definitely. I miss these shows.

BTW, Disney should do the same thing.

I heard about this just now, words can't express how thrilled I am to hear this. Nick should've done this years ago. Now to just bring back Nick GAS and everything should be set.

Awesome...can't wait, hopefully Are You Afraid of the Dark? will get some air time...

not too thrilled about the midnight-2am slot though...

Hey, Nick!

Are You Afraid of the Dark!

Pl33AASSE!

Although I'll give Pete & Pete a retry. That show truly went over my head when I was a kid. And I'll admit, I remember finding the Amanda Bynes Show funny back then. Probably won't now.

So what? The guy could use some work.

So why would you show classic nick afternoon and primetime shows with Face hosting? Stick makes more sense, they could put classic Nick jr. stuff on Nick jr network, and have Face host that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"