• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Night at The Museum 2: Escape from the Smithsonian

Hank Azaria made that film for me. He was so funny in that little back and forth bit when Larry was trying to grab the hour glass

What? Whether you like him or not, the man has good camera instincts. Hell, his credits sequences look better than most movies. :).

so the studio estimate for this movie is $70 million!

Before my friend passed away, he planned for us all to see the worst possible movie we could find. This was it, and I'm glad to say it was so bad we could follow tradition by making fun of the entire thing. I've finally found the appeal of Ben Stiller- there's so much epic badness in most of his films you can't help but watch.

is this movie really the "worst possisble movie" out there or are people just pissed that it beat Terminator?

What? Whether you like him or not, the man has good camera instincts. Hell, his credits sequences look better than most movies. :).

Compare the cinematography and scope of Museum 1 & 2. There is a significent shift in quality and look with the changing of DP's. Whereas part 1 - which was overseen by Pan's Labyrinth's Guillermo Navarro - looks rich, whimsical and lustrous, the second looks flat and generic.

It would seem to stand that the successful visual style of a Levy film is largely in part to the abilities of his DP.

As well, I don't recall many stunning visual skills on display in Pink Panther, Cheaper By The Dozen or Just Married.

is this movie really the "worst possisble movie" out there or are people just pissed that it beat Terminator?

It's about on par with Wolverine. Just lazy, dumb filmmaking. It's far from being a crime against humanity though.

Woah, Woah, this movie was certainly not as bad as Wolverine{this coming from a X3 defender}.

Woah, Woah, this movie was certainly not as bad as Wolverine{this coming from a X3 defender}.

Yeah, I'd say it about was. However, unlike Wolverine, expectations were low, so it doesn't draw the same hostile, bitter ire that that film did.

were expectations high for Wolverine? I can't imagine they would be after X3...

I kind of enjoyed but I didn't really laugh at all.

Significantly higher than Night at the Museum 2, though. C'mon, admit it.

I didn't have any expectations for Night at the Museum 2. I didn't even know they were making one until a month ago...

Significantly higher than Night at the Museum 2, though. C'mon, admit it.
Never said they were. Just saying while this movie is nothing special, it is most definetly bettter than Wolverine.

Actually, wait, the monkey running in the sPace suit was hilarious, visually. I love Capuchins more than juvenile chimps in movies.

Anyone else think they could of released this in November or later down the line or something?

I know some people were thinking it would have the same fate as Prince Caspian what with opening up in summer and going against other blockbuster movies. I guess they were wrong...

Anyone else think they could of released this in November or later down the line or something?

I guess. But I have trouble finding fault in a release strategy that netted them a 70 million 4-day opening weekend. That said, I suspect the film will struggle to get anywhere near 200.

I know some people were thinking it would have the same fate as Prince Caspian what with opening up in summer and going against other blockbuster movies. I guess they were wrong...

Didn't CasPian open well but lack legs?

Before my friend passed away, he planned for us all to see the worst possible movie we could find. This was it, and I'm glad to say it was so bad we could follow tradition by making fun of the entire thing. I've finally found the appeal of Ben Stiller- there's so much epic badness in most of his films you can't help but watch.

Nah...actually I would say the Dragonball was much, much worse than this.

The irony of this is that you're sporting an Ang Lee Hulk avatar. :o

It was worth it just to see Amy Adams in those flight pants. I think the first one was definitely better.

Compare the cinematography and scope of Museum 1 & 2. There is a significent shift in quality and look with the changing of DP's. Whereas part 1 - which was overseen by Pan's Labyrinth's Guillermo Navarro - looks rich, whimsical and lustrous, the second looks flat and generic.

It would seem to stand that the successful visual style of a Levy film is largely in part to the abilities of his DP.

As well, I don't recall many stunning visual skills on display in Pink Panther, Cheaper By The Dozen or Just Married.

They look pretty good to me. I'm not calling him an Oscar caliber director or anything, but at least in these two movies, he shoots a pretty decent looking movie, regardless of who he's working with.

I wonder how you even begin to devote that much time to analyzing the quality of these particular two films.

They look pretty good to me. I'm not calling him an Oscar caliber director or anything, but at least in these two movies, he shoots a pretty decent looking movie, regardless of who he's working with.

I wonder how you even begin to devote that much time to analyzing the quality of these particular two films.

It's called critical thinking. It takes as much time to use as it does to turn your brain off for two hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"