• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Percy Jackson and The Olympians : The Lightning Thief

Percy Jackson would have been a good August release or March but movies released in January or February tanked. Also this is not summer a million dollar day box office till the the weekend is normal do to school being in cession. Not all films can avatar luck here most films make little money on week days less its a holiday.

I am torn on if I want a sequel to this. It was an okay movie, nothing great. I was thinking that since Chris Columbus directed it and he did an awesome job staying faithful to the Harry Potter series that it would be the same with this. This movie has the same general story but lacks the heart the book had. I don't know, maybe the second one can build on what has been established and get it back into tone with the series it is based on.

Holy thread bump.

As long as Fox is willing to get a better screenwriter, and put back what they took out, I'll meet them half-way on Columbus.

Yeah I just saw this today. I finished the book before I went though. I love to read and I was out of books, picked it up at walmart. Read it in two days. Had to see the movie. Really was disappointed. I do hope if Fox does make another they put things back in.

I will probably give PJ 2 a try as I absolutely hated HP1 (directed by CC) but loved HP2 so there is hope of turning things around.

It just baffles me though how he could stay true to the HP books but then totaly screw up another book series. It was like he didn't even try.

i liked the movie...rosario dawson....god she was hawt

Saw the movie last weekend.

It was ok. The visuals were great, though!

I surprisingly liked the movie when I thought I was going to hate it, I plan on picking it up on Blu-Ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"