• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Nintendo Will Not Meet The Christmas Demand For The Wii

OobeDoobBenubi

Sidekick
Reaction score
Speaking to the Mercury News, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime has stated that after seemingly overcoming the stock shortages that plagued retail for so long, the huge level of demand anticipated for Wii this Christmas will lead to shortages once more.

“We're working very hard to make sure that consumers are satisfied this holiday, but I can't guarantee that we're going to meet demand,” Fils-Aime stated. “As a matter of fact, I can tell you on the record we won't.

“What I can tell you is that typically, our inventory is lasting a day. The issue is not a lack of production. The issue is we went in with a curve that was aggressive, but the demand has been substantially more than that. And the ability to ramp up production and to sustain it is not a switch that you flick on.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/28396/Fils-Aime-We-wont-meet-Xmas-Wii-demand

How can this be possible, isn't Wii just a fad that should be over by now?

How can this be possible, isn't Wii just a fad that should be over by now?
The Wii is a system that hasnt tapped its potential for greatness yet. Your gf loves the Wii.

Amazing Fantasy #15 is a BARF written stan lee comic that wasnt even the best story in that issue (the light tower one was) and I wish Sam Raimi would adapt that light tower story and I wish Hasbro would produce a toyline for it one inch too small.

The Wii is a system that hasnt tapped its potential for greatness yet. Your gf loves the Wii.

Amazing Fantasy #15 is a BARF written stan lee comic that wasnt even the best story in that issue (the light tower one was) and I wish Sam Raimi would adapt that light tower story and I wish Hasbro would produce a toyline for it one inch too small.

Nice job catching the sarcasm in my post. Guess you haven't visited the multi-platform thread in a while.

The Wii isn't going anywhere. Most PC and technology mags and media have dubbed it the best new product since its inception, and the only ones giving it negative reviews are extreme fanboys. I trust the experts more in this arena.

I have been into best buy at least once a week sometimes more since the Wii was released and have never seen a Wii in stock. In fact I have never even seen a Wii instock in any store anywhere. I don't understand how the demand can be that high.

I have been into best buy at least once a week sometimes more since the Wii was released and have never seen a Wii in stock. In fact I have never even seen a Wii instock in any store anywhere. I don't understand how the demand can be that high.
me either and considering how cheap it cost to produce, Im surprised that we are still seeing so many shortages

i work at a bestbuy, and here it is by the numbers. lets say in a week, we usually get about 10 ps3 60 gig, 10 xbox pros and 10 wii. on average lets say

usually what happens, if we get them all on the same day. all 10 wii will be gone with in 4 hours, the ps3, usually we sell about 4 a day, and thanks to halo 3, the pro system has been flying off the shelf. but, anytime we get in wii, they either last that day or maybe have 2 over night to sell the next day, all depends on how many we get, on average we get about 9-12 a week.

currently we have 21 on order, meaning they will come on our next truck..and thats about all the heads up we get.

i got mines over the summer at walmart...last one too as soon as i saw it another guy came over and asked me if i was getting it i was like hell yes he looked kind of sad por guy......oh well i deserve it more ive been waiting sice december.

good job nintendo your doing what you do best..........coming the ***** out of nowhere and kickin' ass.

mad props

Surely they could have anticipated the demand? I mean Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Bros Brawl, then shortly after Mario Kart Wii? o_O

I work at a Toys R Us in Sioux Falls, SD as some of you know...We get them in every 2 weeks to once a month, usually around 20-30 of them in a shipment...they're gone every day we get them, usually before noon...we got in 50 once, all gone before close...I believe there's been about 3 different times we've had 1-3 of them till the next day. If that's the demand for them in frickin South Dakota, think of what it must be in more populated areas.

I've only seen a Wii in store at a Best Buy once, I gave up looking in March and just bought one on eBay, ended up paying an extra $50 for it, but wasn't that big of a deal, it's been well worth the price.

i dont see the big deal for people trying to get wii's.

the day i decided i wanted a wii, i called around the local
targets and one store had just got a shipment in.

if you really want a wii, it really isnt that hard to find.

Around here, yes it is. What part of Chicago are you in that they had Wiis available?

downtown.

any place with a target, a wii is available.

it just about calling and going when a shipment of 14 arrives.
they last like 2days.

You dont have a Wii.

I got my Wii by random chance.

The first time I saw one was when a lady was buying one and then I asked if they had anymore, but the lady in front of me bought the last one :(

The second one I saw someone else buy one and I asked again, they had it :)

downtown.

any place with a target, a wii is available.

it just about calling and going when a shipment of 14 arrives.
they last like 2days.
Im within 30 minutes of NYC and Ive only see a Wii once in a store. Actually twice if I count a day they had lines for a BB shipment. Im not looking to buy a Wii but I do check for it in stores just for the heck of it and no stores near me ever seem to have them, at least not when I look

You dont have a Wii.

you dont have a life.

I got my Wii by random chance.

The first time I saw one was when a lady was buying one and then I asked if they had anymore, but the lady in front of me bought the last one :(

The second one I saw someone else buy one and I asked again, they had it :)

thats how i got mine, with random phone calls :yay:

Finding mine was a fluke. I had given up and broke down buying a gamecube for the time being. Then we went to Fred Myers cause my Dad needed some asperin. Just my luck the had just got a shipment in. I bought one and returned the gamecube.

I love my Wii. In fact my comps busted so I use the Wii to post here and keep in touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EliSan
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"