• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Football (Soccer)

Looks like no McKenna for either Utd or Chelsea.

McKenna to stay at Ipswich and sign new long-term contract
Kieran McKenna to stay at Ipswich Town after interest from Manchester United, Chelsea and Brighton
Looks like Enzo Maresca (Leicester) moving ahead in the running.

Chelsea closing in on Maresca over head coach role
Enzo Maresca: Chelsea given permission by Leicester to speak to Italian over head coach role
Such an odd feel to going after a manager for one of the top sides after getting promotion with a Championship side. Like why are they suddenly the in vogue manager to appoint after one decent season, dont get me wrong they have done great but they just seem like a cheap option and very reactionary selections. Still dont really get why Chelsea ditched Poch after one season after getting things going, such a weird choice. I fear we will go down a similar route.

Such an odd feel to going after a manager for one of the top sides after getting promotion with a Championship side. Like why are they suddenly the in vogue manager to appoint after one decent season, dont get me wrong they have done great but they just seem like a cheap option and very reactionary selections. Still dont really get why Chelsea ditched Poch after one season after getting things going, such a weird choice. I fear we will go down a similar route.
Chelsea are unnecessarily throwing their good progress away in the second half of the season for managers who are bigger risks than Poch, even if they do come good. Utd also might not be making much more than a sideways move with the instability that brings. If you add on the forced changes at Liverpool and possibly City, and Spurs fans showing Ange the unsporting reality of managing Spurs (horrendous for an idealist like him), it could be good times for those who are sticking with their managers like Arsenal and hopefully Newcastle.

While I do think Chelsea should have stuck with Poch for another year and them going for Maresca feels like a big gamble, I still think it's crazy how highly some people rate Poch considering how little he has achieved in his career. There's a lot of managers out there who can get a team to play nice looking football and I don't know if Poch is that much better than some of them.

Chelsea are unnecessarily throwing their good progress away in the second half of the season for managers who are bigger risks than Poch, even if they do come good. Utd also might not be making much more than a sideways move with the instability that brings. If you add on the forced changes at Liverpool and possibly City, and Spurs fans showing Ange the unsporting reality of managing Spurs (horrendous for an idealist like him), it could be good times for those who are sticking with their managers like Arsenal and hopefully Newcastle.
With Klopp gone and Pep possibly going at the end of next season it could really be a pivotal moment for other teams to get their appointments right to take advantage of any drop off of either side. A really high stakes game of blackjack where getting it wrong/right could shape the next 5 to 10 years of the footballing landscape for a club, feels like a start of a new era is about to begin. Dont want to get it wrong now....

Class player and class man. Always wanted him at Untied but it was never going to be a thing, life was too good at Madrid.

Won pretty much everything you can in the game, is he playing in the euros for Germany or has he already retired from International duty?
He originally retired a few years ago I believe but announced his return in February. One last hurrah at the euros. :like:

That five year contract is absolutely insane. When was the last time Chelsea had the same manager for 5 years? :D

That five year contract is absolutely insane. When was the last time Chelsea had the same manager for 5 years? :D
They probably average about 8 every 5 years lol.

Bellingham voted La Liga Player of the Year​

Not bad for a kid in their first season at the world’s biggest club. I didn’t realise he also won Bundesliga player of the season the season before. Dude will still be only 21 by the end of next month. Could add a CL or Euros (or both lol) by then. :D

Bundesliga Player of the Season - 2023
La Liga Player of the Year - 2024
CL Winner - 2024
Euros Winner - 2024
World Cup Winner - 2026

He could retire by the age of 24 lol

Congrats to Olympiacos for winning the ECL final with a few minutes to go off extra time!

Poor Fiorentina losing the final 2 years in a row. They seemed to play well but couldn't finish.

Bellingham voted La Liga Player of the Year​

Not bad for a kid in their first season at the world’s biggest club. I didn’t realise he also won Bundesliga player of the season the season before. Dude will still be only 21 by the end of next month. Could add a CL or Euros (or both lol) by then. :D
Totally deserved. Bellingham was my pick for the Ballon d'Or, but with Vini's performances lately there's a strong case to made it'll be a close one. Either way I think it ends up in Madrid.

Totally deserved. Bellingham was my pick for the Ballon d'Or, but with Vini's performances lately there's a strong case to made it'll be a close one. Either way I think it ends up in Madrid.
I think the Euros might give Bellingham the edge if he brings his Madrid form into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"