"No, Thank You..." - The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread!

You what?! :funny:

He's said the following lines:

''Suprise!''
''This will be such fun!''
''Hi!''
''I have to get off this planet.''

Yep, and I haven't noticed anything wrong with his delivery of those few words. He sounds like Loki to me, usual smug self-satisfaction and all. *shrug*

You what?! :funny:

He's said the following lines:

''Suprise!''
''This will be such fun!''
''Hi!''
''I have to get off this planet.''

Ya those lines.

He sounds like he's trying to whisper and talk at the same time - like how he was in Kong: Skull Island (which irritated me).

Don't take offense.

Last edited:
No offence taken. :up:

smyFlrx.gif

Ya those lines.

He sounds like he's trying to whisper and talk at the same time - like how he was in Kong: Skull Island (which irritated me).

Don't take offense.

Someone in an interview once described his voice as something like "volcanic sand slaked in honey". I can see the whisper-talk. ;) It seems to be Tom's "thing". But we'll probably get some yelling, too. :D

I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum in this thread, but I'm not a frequent visitor to the Thor boards, so I have to ask: Is anyone else feeling like having Loki team up with Thor again is a bit of a stale retread of what we already saw in Thor: The Dark World?

Also, doesn't it dilute Loki's character somewhat if we keep seeing him as this sort of anti-hero as opposed to his more outright villainous comic book persona? I get that this is largely due to the sheer popularity of the character and Tom Hiddleston's performance, and I'm all for creating complex characters, but I'm becoming a little tired of seeing Loki play sidekick to Thor.

I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum in this thread, but I'm not a frequent visitor to the Thor boards, so I have to ask: Is anyone else feeling like having Loki team up with Thor again is a bit of a stale retread of what we already saw in Thor: The Dark World?

Also, doesn't it dilute Loki's character somewhat if we keep seeing him as this sort of anti-hero as opposed to his more outright villainous comic book persona? I get that this is largely due to the sheer popularity of the character and Tom Hiddleston's performance, and I'm all for creating complex characters, but I'm becoming a little tired of seeing Loki play sidekick to Thor.

Yeah, it does feel like a little bit of a retread. And if he gets killed off again (say, in Infinity Wars), it'll not have any shock value since he's already "died" on screen lol.

But, maybe this film will pump some life into the brother team-up. Maybe he'll be villainous again in IW.

In hindsight, Asgard should have seen it coming. :woot:

I enjoyed Loki in this.

I geeked out for a second when Loki noticed the Tesseract in the vault. I was thinking, "it's about time." I'm glad Marvel didn't forget about Loki delivering it to Thanos.

I enjoyed Loki in this.

I geeked out for a second when Loki noticed the Tesseract in the vault. I was thinking, "it's about time." I'm glad Marvel didn't forget about Loki delivering it to Thanos.

Yeah, I think Loki definitely has the Tessaract with him now. Thanos still has to have it for IW, after all.

I don't think he's exactly *eager* to give it to Thanos. I suspect he just grabbed it to save it from Asgard's destruction. . . which will be very handy when they are faced with possibly being slaughtered by Thanos. Loki will end up giving him the Tesseract, in exchange for sparing the Asgardians. Thor will probably be a mix of pissed, exasperated, and absolutely unsurprised.

I missed Loki. I felt that he and his relationship with Thor was especially well written here.

Here's the thing. Marvel for a bit now has positioned Loki as an antihero. He's working out much better as a character who does good things while still being questionable. The first movie never positioned him as some absolute evil. Avengers sorta implies he's been threatened/manipulated and pushed into things over his head.

By this film we see he'd rather stay out of violent trouble. He's not meant to be his outright villainous persona. And again, Marvel comics seems to take this assessment as well.

Personally you can only do the comic book villain Loki for so long that it would just become stale. His popularity in the MCU stems from his being stuck between these two persona's. His journey is becoming a good guy again.

or Loki works better as Thor's sidekick.

Based on the flashback though, we don't know Odin's original hair color. His father was a ginger or dark haired.

Thor might take more from Frigga in terms of hair color.

Sigh...

It's a joke meme. Don't expend the energy trying to find absolute logic.

I've been looking everywhere for a discussion on this but can't find one. Just HOW did Loki land on Sakaar and not end up a contender? Also how did he gain the Grandmaster's favor so quickly? These are things I just have to know.

1. Presumably, by not being captured immediately by the Grandmaster's top gladiator-hunter. Its not like the Grandmaster turns every single person who shows up on the planet into a gladiator. Note that Loki is capable of being subtle, and didn't just lose a good chunk of his effective power right beforehand.

2. Loki showed up on Sakaar weeks before Thor did, due to wormholes and temporal weirdness.

saw the movie again with my friend again & she's much shorter then me so we decided to try 'Get help!' sometime in the future with her as Loki & me as Thor :sus:p:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"