No Way Home Rumors, Leaks And Speculation Thread (Potential Spoilers Ahead)

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: No Way Home' started by Arachnerd, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Gothamsknight A Dark Knight

I still enjoy the hell out of Spider-Man 3, flaws and all.

CadeSkywalker28 likes this.
  2. ragingdemon155 Registered

Interesting. I’m not sure if it will but it could definitely happen. Personally for me I like the ASM movies so this can only add to that simply to see Andrew on screen again. SM1 and 2 are classics and I hated SM3 but have started to soften my stance on it.

HC and FFH are the opposite for me. I liked both movies to start and I’ve disliked them more and more as time has gone on.

mclay18 and SM71 like this.
  3. Detective Conan Registered

It has some really good stuff in it with some great action, and the Sandman forgiveness scene at the end is genuinely touching. With some script revisions it would’ve been a great movie, imo. On par with the first two.

mclay18 and Gothamsknight like this.
  4. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

If they had just left Raimi alone to tell the story he wanted it would have been great. But no Avi Arad was all like "Teh fanboys want VeNoM!!!".

Venom 1988 and Gothamsknight like this.
  5. Gothamsknight A Dark Knight

Yup. The symbiote stuff had no business in that movie, especially with the fact that Raimi already had what he wanted in mind before Arad came in and messed it all up.

6. JannTosh Registered

But Sandman actually feels more forced into the movie in the end as people mentioned earlier. Also the revelation that he was Uncle Ben’s real killer was stupid as hell

7. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

Yeah but that was all a product of the inclusion of the symbiote. Raimi originally had a story with Sandman and Vulture. But they had to scrap Vulture for Venom. So then the whole theme of the movie had to be rewritten. They had to find a way to include Sandman in the revenge theme.

Granted they could have come up with something better than the Uncle Ben bull crap. But it was a dominoes effect of the symbiote baggage being lumbered onto the movie.

Venom 1988 likes this.
  8. Dominate426 Registered

TASM3 got cancelled because fans voted with their wallets by not supporting TASM2.

SM3 was the highest grossing Spider-Man movie and they still cancelled it despite that. They are not the same.

9. MOVIELORD101 Utter Smeghead

Raimi's Spider-Man 4 was scrapped because the writer attached couldn't deliver a decent-enough story for him to work with on time and Sony rebooted the series IMMEDAITELY after Raimi bailed in disgust. I've read what was in the outline; it makes SM3 look like an Oscar-winner by comparison and would've DESTROYED the Peter/MJ relationship that was built up for 3 previous movies.

SM71 and Jermobooka like this.
  10. Detective Conan Registered

Might I ask if you know what Raimi’s original Sandman plot line was? To me, it seems like Raimi would’ve put the Sandman retcon in regardless as a means to personalize the conflict between Sandman and Spider-Man. To be honest, I think it’s really unclear whether a Venom-less Spider-Man 3 would’ve been that much better than the movie we got especially since I would argue the problem with Spider-Man 3 was more Raimi’s bad script than the inclusion of one character he didn’t care for. I really can’t say.

ragingdemon155 likes this.
  11. Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

If you are referring to the same outline I've read in the past, that is fake. Other than some character inclusions and storyboards, nothing about the plot has really leaked from this.

Dominate426 and Jermobooka like this.
  12. MOVIELORD101 Utter Smeghead

Was it ever proven fake?

13. ragingdemon155 Registered

What was destroying the Peter MJ relationship is MJs depiction through out the series. This is not the MJ I know…. Also it’s hard to really root for MJ because Dunst was unlikable and the character was never one you could root for. Also take into account that Tobey just looked drained in the role at this point. It showed in his performance as well.

It was time for them to move on at that point. Now that time has passed…maybe they can continue along but at that particular moment. Tobey just didn’t have the same spunk in his performance by the time SM3 rolled around.

14. Detective Conan Registered

I’m no big fan of Arad, but I’ll defend his insistence on using Venom since the alternative was The Vulture who was a character many fans couldn’t care less about. I think Venom actually was the perfect villain for the third film as he was a nice change of pace from doing the old scientist mentor figure that turns bad because of an accident cliche’ that previous movies had done already. I obviously don’t speak for all fans, but I’m much less interested in a Spider-Man 3 that has Vulture and Sandman than I am that has Venom. If anything, if Avi Arad had forced Raimi to cut Sandman and just had him focus on Venom and Green Goblin then I bet you that Spider-Man 3 would end up a much stronger film.

SM71 likes this.
  15. Binker Registered

Please dm e the story, beginning to end

16. GuestStar2004 Registered

While there are areas in SM3 that don't handle the Black suit story very well. I actually think the Black suit stuff is the least of the film's issues personally. The horror aspects of the black suit story would probably be up Raimi's ally really. While Harrys subplot suffers the most from things that probably didn't need to be there. Like losing his memory, the butler, ect ect. And Sandman is there because Raimi wanted to play with Sandman. Simple as that really.

17. Gothamsknight A Dark Knight

Seeing Raimi make villains like Vulture and Sandman more popular with a great story would have been more impressive to me than to have Venom in there for the sake of popularity. I'd rather have a director use the villains they want to use to tell a great story than to use one because he's popular.

With that being said, I'm very impressed that Spider-Man 3 is as good as it is with all the stuff that was forced on Raimi. I genuinely loved Black Suit Spider-Man and thought Venom looked awesome in the film.

Venom 1988 likes this.
  18. Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

Was it ever proven real? The most traction it got was on random reddit boards and 4chan. It's never been backed up by any real evidence, other than someone posting information online.

What is real are statements released by people who worked on the movie. The most story wise we've gotten are the storyboards that Jeffrey Henderson released on his website.

19. Detective Conan Registered

That’s fair, and I understand where you’re coming from especially considering Raimi’s Doc Ock is still arguably the most liked version of the character but even as someone who likes Raimi’s Sandman and loves his scene where Peter forgives him, I have to admit he just wasn’t needed in the film, and if you removed him from the story and just focus on Peter grappling with the Symbiote, Venom, and Harry it would make for a much better movie, imo. And as much as love Raimi as a filmmaker, I simply don’t feel Vulture is a terribly compelling antagonist to follow Doc Ock, especially since I suspect Raimi likely would’ve made him once again a older mentor figure to Peter which has been done with Ock already. Getting Venom in the third movie allows for you to tell a different type of story than what has been done before in trilogy and tell the story of a someone who’s around Peter’s peer who chooses to use his powers irresponsibly. I think Raimi’s poor screenwriting is the biggest enemy of Spider-Man 3, not Venon or Avi Arad, but I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree.

ironwez20 likes this.
  20. Boom I got nothin'

Brah if they even resurrect Spider-Man 4 with Raimi, Maguire and Dunst....

21. Detective Conan Registered

I wouldn’t hold my breath as Sony seems more than happy with the current Holland franchise but I can definitely see Maguire coming back in a cameo in Strange 2 which just so happens to have Raimi directing.

22. Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

We know from the Making of Spider-Man 3 book that wouldn't have been the case. Vulture would have been a criminal that was previously busted by Spider-Man and he would have been Sandman's cellmate.

23. Detective Conan Registered

Ah, in either case, I wouldn’t have cared to see that version either. Vulture has never been that compelling a bad dude, imo.

24. mclay18 Registered

People who are pooh-poohing this now.... wait until NWH wraps up its theatrical run and people falling back in love with the previous two actors.

Sony will be doing SOMETHING with Maguire and Garfield in the future, even if it's not a Raimi SM-4 or TASM3.

25. Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

That's fair. Did you like Keaton's portayel in Homecoming? I feel that despite me rather wanting a Spider-Man 3 that featured Vulture, I really like the blue-collar, underground weapons dealer version we got with Keaton.

I'm a broken record with this lol but I would be all for a Spider-Girl movie with Tobey and Kirsten returning.