No Way Home Rumors, Leaks And Speculation Thread (Potential Spoilers Ahead)

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: No Way Home' started by Arachnerd, Apr 19, 2021.

1. CadeSkywalker28 Registered

Spider-Man 3 is bad...

[​IMG]

Spider-Man 3 is one of a kind. Don't fight it. Embrace it.

[​IMG]

2. Jermobooka Resident Spider-Man and Batman Fanatic

I find it kinda funny how the most critical, obnoxious, wannabe filmbro on this entire forum can go off on tangents about Homecoming yet praise Spider-Man 3 in the same breath. :funny:

KillerMcQueen likes this.
  3. CadeSkywalker28 Registered

Spider-Man 3 is epic, bold and ambitious, flawed but entertaining as hell masterpiece, Homecoming is just another MCU filler movie with no stakes where Spider-Man feels like secondary character. It's all about MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE. The action is bland, the music is forgettable and every character is written to be funny which is annoying. Nothing about this movie felt genuine and organic.

PS: wannabe filmbro? What?

#2953 CadeSkywalker28, Dec 14, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
  4. ragingdemon155 Registered

Dude…

SM3>HC.

5. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

After rewatching them all, 3 is the worst Spider-Man film imo.

Jermobooka likes this.
  6. ragingdemon155 Registered

Dude……

I usually co-sign on everything you say and you seem like you speak the same language I do around here but…

Did you just use the word “masterpiece” and SM3 in the same sentence?

You know that feeling when you have this role model that you’ve never met? A hero of yours….Someone you admire…then you finally meet them and find out they are not who you thought they were….

I’m feeling that right now..

You just called SM3 a masterpiece..

My heart is shattered…:csad::csad::csad:

7. CadeSkywalker28 Registered

I called it "masterpiece", but it was exaggeration :)
    I know that this movie is not the best, Spider-Man 2 is, but I love SM3 despite it flaws.

#2957 CadeSkywalker28, Dec 14, 2021
    ragingdemon155 likes this.
  8. Detective Conan Registered

I liked Keaton’s Walter White esque portrayal of Vulture, yeah, but I argue Vulture in general works better as a villain for a young Spider-Man to fight at the start of a trilogy than he does to close off a trilogy on with an experienced Spidey.

Especially when you’re closing a trilogy that has already had William Dafoe’s Goblin and Doc Ock before. Sorry when choosing a bad guy to follow after those two giants you have to choose a bad guy suitable enough to raise the stakes, and quite frankly Vulture simply wouldn’t cut it. Venom is arguably tied with Green Goblin as Spidey’s archenemy, and to not have him would be a missed opportunity.

The problem was never Venom being in the SM3, the problem was Raimi not being able to tell the story properly.

#2958 Detective Conan, Dec 14, 2021
  9. GwensNeckBrace Registered

All I’m gonna say about this Raimi vs MCU war going on right now is… Homecoming was a cute film… but even Venom in SM3 was more of a fleshed out villain than Mysterio in FFH :o

10. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

Yeah, but when the substance that actually is there is so poorly executed and ill conceived, it probably is better to not have said substance. Mysterio is one dimensional, but he doesn't actively make the movie around him worse like Brock/Venom does in SM3.

11. CadeSkywalker28 Registered

He really was. And there was a character arc. Eddie was a was jealous, greedy and narcissistic version of Peter, way more interesing than comic book Eddie (yes, I said it dammit!) and he had a chance to choose different path just like Peter when he goes off the rail, but he wasn't able to admit his mistakes like Peter.

12. ragingdemon155 Registered

Nah all jokes aside I’ve started to like the movie a lot more years later then I did when it first came out. It definitely has some issues but Still a fun ride. Had good highs and some bad lows..really bad lows at time.

That being said, it’s been easier for me to watch it then go back and rewatch HC.

CadeSkywalker28 likes this.
  13. Shikamaru Registered

Spider-Man 3 is one of those "so bad it's good" movies.

Jermobooka likes this.
  14. Green Goblin Crawling on walls

Oh come on Mysterio was way better than that abomination :hehe:

15. CadeSkywalker28 Registered

In what way? It's just another "Stark bad" motive and Jake Gyllenhaal makes Mysterio a camp villain without any nuances. He's just another bad guy who just want revenge/power and is ready to kill everyone who stand in his way and he doesn't have any connection to Peter.

16. ragingdemon155 Registered

One of the main issues for me with Mysterio was the connection to Tony Stark. He had very little to do with Peter. Granted maybe that’s more of a personal gripe and issue then a problem with the actual character itself. Jake did a damn good job with what he was given. The problem is that I’m so exhausted with Tony Stark that it just completely turns me off to have a villain seem more focused on him then Spider-Man …..in a Spider-Man film no less.

The sooner they cut those Iron man ties the better.

I’m hoping we can get a full movie this time around with out hearing that whiny high pitched “Mr Stark”….This is supposed to be a coming of age story so one can hope.

CadeSkywalker28 likes this.
  17. Gothamsknight A Dark Knight

For me, it's the opposite in that if you remove Venom, it would have been more compelling haha, but that's just me. I think that Venom could've had a more clear and cohesive story overall had it been just him as the villain, but it really wouldn't have mattered I think because Raimi initially didn't want to use him. Even though Raimi said he grew appreciation for the character, I think that it being forced on him while also still trying to juggle all the stuff he did want to do was tough. Still, I find Spider-Man 3 to still be a highly entertaining movie.

18. sdgrandia86 Registered

Re - Mysterio and Venom

I liked Jake acting and Mysterios visuals were spot on and definitely the best thing about that movie I just got fed up with the Stark connection and how irresponsible some of the decisions seem to be i.e. giving Peter the glasses.

Venom/Topher had some cringe dialogue but I found his fight at the end to be brutal - he knocked off the roof of the taxi with a webswing, his fight with Spidey in the air as they were falling down, the pounding Spider Mas was taking as he held him down and Giant Dandman punched him. It was good stuff. I also found him to be pretty agile and used the symbiote to catch Spider Man's web. The origin was straight from the 90s cartoon.

Overall I find SM3 to be more enjoyable than FFH.

SM71 and CadeSkywalker28 like this.
  19. Dr. Evil Registered

I have liked both Homecoming and Far From Home but none of them are as good as the first two Spider Man movies with Tobey or the first ASM movie with Andrew.

Green Goblin and ragingdemon155 like this.
  20. GwensNeckBrace Registered

After rewatching them all, I don't think there's one film that I outright hate aside from FFH. Would've been nice to have a whole movie dedicated to Mysterio being a full-on villian.

The twist was so anticlimactic for me, since most Spidey fans know Mysterio is not a good guy. And one cool CGI'd illusion sequence wasn't enough to make me overlook how underwritten and underdeveloped he was.

sdgrandia86, SM71 and ragingdemon155 like this.
  21. Detective Conan Registered

I also find Spider-Man 3 to be entertaining, and I can definitely see what your getting at, and I do love Sandman. I think theoretically both a Venom-less Spider-Man 3 and one with him could’ve worked with a good script, but as a massive fan of Venom I do feel he was a more fitting villain to end the trilogy than B-list Spidey villains like Sandman and Vulture.

22. TeeKay Registered

I honestly thought he faked his death and he will be full on villain behind the scenes in the 3rd film.

SM71 likes this.
  23. samsnee Ok

I just have one question. Is the last line before the credits a variation of FU— like the last two movies were?

SM71 likes this.
  24. Boom I got nothin'

Spider-Man 3 is a middling movie that didn't have any business being as good as it was. Raimo saved it from being a complete ****show.

Doctor Jones likes this.
  25. Gothamsknight A Dark Knight

Tons of Q&A leaks from VA on Reddit. Man, this movie sounds like one huge package of entertainment. The Tobey stuff sounds so great!!

Nardz937, SM71 and Venom 1988 like this.